Hi, there guys, I see you’re having issues with finding certain items and certain cosmetics, rest assured your items are not gone, and they’re there.
This issue is caused by corruption to your character data ID, a spreadsheet that basically keeps your ID’s of possesions and what not that is directly sent by the server forth and back, to confirm what you own, and what you do not own, that being said, when this file is corrupted by client-side issues and sends back wrong information, it can save certain things that make things seem to “disappear” or not exist, this can be fixed however with a few steps, not always but hopefully in your cases, it will.
There are 2 ways to fix the issue:
- Force the data file to hard-update itself and refresh its values and understand what’s there or not.
- Manually make changes to the data file that is associated with your character ID and track down the problem, which has to be done by a specialist(s) and the development team after you submit the issue.
Unfortunately, I can only help you do the first part, and hopefully, it will fix the issue.
Here is what you guys need to do:
- Restart your computer.
- When your computer is fully booted, if Steam is open, close it. (For those that have steam automatically opens.
- Hit the Windows-Key and type
%appdata%, and look for a folder called AGS, make a backup of this file, you can do so by simply renaming it to AGS2.
- Hit the Windows-Key again and type
%localappdata%, press enter, and repeat the same steps as mentioned above, by making a backup of your temp. folder.
- Open your steam and navigate yourself through properties of New World: Right Click → Properties, there you will find an option to verify the integrity files of New World, do that.
(This might take a while, between 10-45 minutes depending on your system), whatever you do, do not cancel the process.)
Now that is finally done, log out of your steam, and log back in, and then launch New World, when your game is completely launched, do not enter your character, however, create another character in any world, (you can delete this character if you wish to later) and complete the 2-5 min tutorial where it finally allows you to access your bag freely, friend list, etc.
This step is pivotal in terms of refreshing the data, and fetching the data from the server, to make it give us the proper information of what we own, and what we don’t.
Finally, now, try to see if your skins do exist there, and if it does, simply log out and enter your main character.
Let me know if this solves your issue, and if not, we’ll take it further from there