Lost Umbral Shards on failed upgrade

I had 2000+ umbral shards. I had a 592 Blackgaurd’s Warhammer. I applied the shards to take the Warhammer from 592 to 621. I hit okay. I now have a 592 Warhammer & 0 shards. Not even leftover shards. I tried relogging to see if it was just a visual issue but still nothing. Is that just a case of ‘sucks to be you’?

Hello RM2,

Welcome back to the New World’s Forums.

I’m so sorry you got this error while upgrading your Blackguard’s Warhammer.

I really appreciate you’re communicating to us about this issue, and also I want to thank you for sharing the troubleshooting you have done so far.

For this issue you can follow this troubleshooting related with the AGS Files that are linked within New World:

1. Windows + R type in %APPDATA%
  2. Go to Local and Roaming (Both files will include an AGS file) and open them.
  3. Rename the AGS sub-folder ‘‘New World’’ to something different like ‘’_New World"
  4. This will refresh the cache files within New World and remove the error launching the game.
  5. Re-launch New World.

If the problem persists; I’d suggest you to please contact Amazon Games Support to escalate your case via ticket:

You can contact them through chat using the previous link and give a summary about what issue are you experiencing (You can also share the link to this forum thread so they can read the previous conversation).
If is necessary, the team will escalate the case to the developers team for further investigation.

Here you are the steps to get this information just in case you need it:

• To find the DxDiag:

Press Windows + R, type “dxdiag” into the Run window, and then press Enter.
Click the Display tab and you can see information about your video card under the Device section. Please write down that information.

• To find the logs:
  • Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  • Click on dxdiag.exe.
  • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

Hope this information helps and once more I’m sorry for the inconveniences this may cause. :small_blue_diamond: : :mage:t2:

Screenshot 2022-04-14 5.56.31 AM

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.