Main quest missions

it is the worst fedex chain quests i had to do out of any mmorpg main quests i ever played.

running back and forth to talk to people, kill 5 mobs and come all the way bak to go back there again to kill another few other mobs…

the second worst experience i had in new world. first one being waiting queues for more hours than my actual play time.

a main quests, apart from interesting story and eventually text choice that matter, needs to push players into exploring the world instead of repeated back and forth in a few areas. if there is a specific content in the game (aka main quest) that you are forced to do to progress it better be a smooth experience. not a painfull one.

for future main quests regarding future update:
-make speach with npc with multiple choice that may lead to different results.
-less fetching, less back and forth. more “go to an area and do everything that is needed to not having to come back there again because of the main quest”.
-new and unique activities that you can’t do with normal quests. (so something different than simple monster grind, fetching and message delivering).
-specific instancied maps for the story to be more immersive. (like instancied dungeon but for the main quest with unique encounters and event like you would see in solo games.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.