Major Engineering Trophies Broken

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Von Gutenheimer
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ohonoo
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Major Engineering Trophies do not increase minimum gear score… they are simply for decoration
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: negatively, cannot craft BIS engineering items
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Place major engineering trophy, walk to workshop, see no increase in GS

bump

Would like to craft 600gs without using minor trophies :slight_smile:

Trophies don’t increase your maximum gearscore potential, just the minimum, so if you don’t have a 600 max then you are missing a piece of equipment, using the wrong food, or have a lower quality material in one of the slots.

1 Like

Am I missing something? I saw no increase or decrease with minimum or maximum when taking the trophy off the wall and putting it back on.

i think he means he isn’t getting the +5 minimum from major trophy

He says he cannot craft BIS engineering items, that would only be true if the trophy added to maximum, which it doesn’t.

1 Like

I was wondering this myself.

Let’s say without minor trophy my infused gloves have a gear score range of 500 - 505.

With minor trophy, would the range be
503 - 505?

Yes.

I think OP is saying the trophy isn’t visually showing that the major trophies are increasing the range. Hence why he talks about using minors instead