Malign Dominion Quest bug

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here:

• What is your character name in New World: Dread Jackal
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US-West Killasaurus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: unable to complete quest: Malign Dominion
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to interact with nodes
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I have tried to relog and have tried abandoning quest and picking it back up but still bugged showing only a grey circle

I am also unable to interact with the nodes

• What is your character name in New World: AstraBrightwood
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US-East Themiscyra
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: unable to complete quest: Malign Dominion
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to interact with nodes
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I tried removing my tier V azoth staff and reslotting it. Previous user that submitted tried the other steps I was going to try but I searched for whether somebody else has submitted this and didn’t want to duplicate efforts.
  • What is your character name in New World: Oshoa
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Evonium
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: unable to complete quest: Malign Dominion. After having 3 Malign nodes destroyed in the first area, there are no Nodes at all in the second location. Returning to the first section does not count as destroyed node.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to destroy nodes as there are none in the location
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: No destroyable nodes in thsi quest at the second quest location where you need to destroy them /they do not respawn either.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I tried to destroy the nodes in the first area instead but this did not count towards the queststep.
1 Like

You need to hit the vines holding the malign node with a weapon.

5 Likes

This worked for me after a weeks of F’n bombs Thanks [April_M_Bremner]

1 Like

This is bugged. On the first site I only got 2 nodes - had to walk out of render and wait and then come back for the last one. On site 2 I only got one note - had to do the walk out of render twice on that one also. There’s plenty of nodes showing, just not the ones that you can destroy.

1 Like

Yeah I was having issues until I found out that you don’t shoot the orbs, you need to shoot the branches that are supporting them and then they just get destroyed. The quest really should say it but we can complete it.

Thank you! ! !
So many bugged quests. . .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.