Managed to trade a bound and locked item

Changed the original title now since its not a dupe but a way to trade bound and locked items

• What is your character name in New World:
    Eriwan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Caspak
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    Traded an Armorer Glove to another player. Didnt get the gloves i pulled in, he instead got the ones i had locked and bound to me.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    Well first i thought it was a dupe since the gloves i dragged in just stayed after the trade completed. I want ahead and deleted the gloves i thought were duped
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    Well im missing my armorer gloves bc i thought the ones i had were duped and salvaged them
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    New World 2021 11 04 02 20 08 04 DVR Trim (Item duped after trade) - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    I had 2 Armorer Gloves. One bound to me and locked, and the ones i dragged in the trade. It traded the bound and locked ones ( you can see them at the start of the vid)

Edit: Deleted the gloves i thought where duped New World 2021 11 04 03 09 13 05 DVR Trim (delete) - YouTube

Edit2: Not a dupe, just another bug Managed to trade a bound and locked item - #8 by Eriwan

Edit3: WTB Armorer Gloves

1 Like

It is interesting that your inventory apparel weight was 142.3 before the trade and 142.0 after the trade. The item’s weight according to the tooltip was 0.3. Perhaps your inventory actually had two of them before the trade?

Im 100% certain i only had 1 pair THAT WAS TRADABLE

Edit: ok i just got what you meant. Im confused but Im certain i only had one pair. I also dragged the top left item into the trade and it stayed but you are right my weight in the armor category decreased by 0.3

Edit: can also confirm it was not a visual bug, i relogged and it was still there. Then i salvaged it.

Speculation:
Well by reading other posts, that dupe still works, just has more tighter timing required for lag switch.
If players had macros to use fire staffs as a minigun, wouldn’t be surprised if exploiters have scripts written to detect for example when “trade” button turns green to initiate sequence of lag switch, button press to cancel and so on, whatever it takes to produce dupe exploit now.

well its scary that a random trade can just dupe items… well i deleted the duped gloves just to be sure and will add prove in here bc i dont wanna get banned for shit like that

Imagine they didn’t thought about it and now would read my brilliant idea @_@
doomsday incoming

You sir are a good man. Thanks for the post and a bigger thanks for deleting the duped item… you’re apart of the 1% of people who aren’t lame and abuse broken mechanics for exploits. I appreciate you. for real tho…

omg i just figured out what happened and im so annoyed… So i myself am Armoring 200 and have a full set (you can see it at the very bottom in my inventory at the start of the video). However my set is LOCKED and bound to me. After dragging in the top left glove, it gave him my LOCKED and BOUND glove. Like wtf man. I already salvaged the ones i thought were duped… Well fuck me.

So its still a bug but instead of being a dupe, it unbound and unlocked my Armorers Gloves and gave those to him, even tho i dragged in the ones on the top left

1 Like

hilarious

This is why I have not logged into the game in 6 days. It’s sad that I won’t play the game because I want to protect my account from some random duping shit or another bug that may get me banned or something.

idk man… as your company member was the one who did the trade, probably contacted you after this public forum topic and both(or just him) came up with this idea to not get him in trouble. that’s just my spider sense tingeling. If everything is clean, I suppose when AGS checks his logs and there won’t be any fishy transactions, everything is going to be fine. If it’s legit, nothing to worry about =)

well my armor weight went down by 0.3 after the trade (as it should bc the gloves weight 0.3). If i wasnt a stupid pos i shouldve realized that it took my bound and locked ones… i salvaged the ones from the vid and now i need new gloves, sadge

I’m more impressed you have the full void set and 200k gold.
Tell me your secrets!

Hopefully you get a pair back for yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.