Map waypoint creation not working

Two weeks ago I could RIGHT-CLICK on the map and create a way-point, but today RIGHT CLICKING on the map does nothing.

Things I have tried but do not fix the issue:

• Start and restarted the game and computer.
  • Updated computer
  • Updated graphics card and drivers
  • Refreshed monitor resolution
  • Verified files (STEAM)
1 Like

Hello akmark5000,

I really appreciate you’re communicating to us about this issue, and also I want to thank you for sharing the troubleshooting you have done so far.

For this issue you can follow this troubleshooting related with the AGS Files that are linked within New World:

1. Windows + R type in %APPDATA%
  2. Go to Local and Roaming (Both files will include an AGS file) and open them.
  3. Rename the AGS sub-folder ‘‘New World’’ to something different like ‘’_New World"
  4. This will refresh the cache files within New World and remove the error launching the game.
  5. Re-launch New World.

Please let us know as soon as possible if after these troubleshooting the problem persist.

Thanks for all your feedback and specially your patience. :man_mage: :small_blue_diamond:

Screenshot 2022-04-14 5.56.31 AM

Unfortunately, the AGS troubleshooting (as previously described) did nothing to resolve the issue.

1 Like

Im so sorry the problem still persists akmark5000,

Since this keeps happening, I’d suggest you to please contact Amazon Games Support to escalate your case via ticket:

You can contact them through chat using the previous link and give a summary about what issue are you experiencing (You can also share the link to this forum thread so they can read the previous conversation).
If is necessary, the team will escalate the case to the developers team for further investigation.

Here you are the steps to get this information just in case you need it:

• To find the DxDiag:

Press Windows + R, type “dxdiag” into the Run window, and then press Enter.
Click the Display tab and you can see information about your video card under the Device section. Please write down that information.

• To find the logs:
  • Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  • Click on dxdiag.exe.
  • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

Hope this information helps and once more I’m sorry for the inconveniences this may cause. :small_blue_diamond: : :mage:t2:

Screenshot 2022-04-14 5.56.31 AM

Thank you for your help with this issue. I try to remember to post the results back here when the issue is resolved.

My map seems to be bugged also, the territories that used to be colored as the faction that controls them is gone.

@ Silence1: Yes, I noticed that as well. I don’t know if that was intentional or a bug though?

I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the game… no change in my issue. What “silence1” said about the map not being colored according to faction ownership might be related to my issue. I think it’s a bug and it’s the game’s problem to fix it. I think I’ll give the game a rest and come back in 6 months.

I got something similar. I’d right click, and my pointer would sometimes vanish, and would not drop a way mark.

I think it would happen when I would alt-tab into another window, then use the mouse to click back into New World (two monitors). It would get “fixed” if I used Alt-Tab to get back into New World instead of clicking back in.

Doubt it will help you, since you did a full reinstall and everything, but…