Marketplace - buying my own item

• What is your character name in New World: Sharkys112
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Naxos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: If I place a sell order on marketplace, I cannot buy the item from myself. At the moment of placing buy order - it just spins the loading circle and nothing happens
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I had to buy the needed item for a higher price.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, by spending more gold
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: The worlds are under maintenance. It’s literally at any marketplace.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just place a sell order on item and then try to buy the item.

LOL not the smartest. Just cancel your order in the orders section to get it back.

2 Likes

lol wtf are you smoking.

@aceon48 Well, lets say for example I have 7000 green wood for sale and I need 300 for a town board mission. Taxes will cost me 10gold (tops) to buy my own wood, but if I take the whole stack out and put it back for sale - the taxes are gonna be 50gold+. Hope you get my idea now.

And let us not forget - the game does not know what to do and the loading wheel just keeps spinning endlessly which means that this is a bug and it is not intended to be like this.

The spinning wheel icon is not an indication of a “bug”. Just like you if you have max orders up (100) and try to sell something, it will give you the infinite spinny wheel because you cant physically post another item.

Well, adequate feedback would be nice, such as “Post limit reached” etc - sometimes I get stuck on the loading wheel for a while, even when not at the post cap.

I think the trade post just needs more design thinking as a whole, this is just one of the smaller design issues.

1 Like

Well, as @Vyci already said - spinning wheel should not be the result of action that is not allowed. There should be a response of some kind.

And as for the topic itself - why would I not be allowed to buy my own things? That just does not make sense really. Using the marketplace as storage? It costs too much and is not usefull. And if you want to rebuy things - you would just buy the cheapest item not your own (if you put it up at high price), so I see this as a bug.

I honestly dont know any MMO’s personally that let you buy your own items from the marketplace, always seemed like a smart idea to not accidentally buy your own listed goods when you wanted someone else to buy them.

But if your offer is the cheapest one and you actually want to buy it - would you settle buying someones elses item for more expensive or just buy your own thing for cheaper?

This topic would not make sense if there would not be any kind of Taxes - but in New World the taxes are a huge part of the game which is why this is kinda big deal for someone who uses marketplace alot and does town board quests.

P.S. Sorry for double reply. Something glitched out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.