MASSIVE bug with Grit

This is an update to the forum post MASSIVE Spear bug with Sweep (Video) ((New Video Added))

Grit doesn’t go away if you’re stunned while you have grit up. It’s held in a statis and causes abilities like sweep to not knockdown. I made a short video linked below that explains this bug. I don’t usually talk this much. Please spread the word. Thank you.

21 Likes

Yeah I’ve been seeing this a lot as well.

2 Likes

Bump. The more traction this gets the better. I won’t stop until AGS responds.

4 Likes

Bump. I’m going to sleep.

2 Likes

Good job pinning down the bug. I too can confirm that have been encountering it lately.

3 Likes

AGS, I know you have a ton of issues to handle all at once right now, but if this is possible to fix quickly we would be most grateful.

I enjoy this game a lot despite it’s many issues and bugs, but this bug in particular is devastating to spear users in PvP, it almost renders sweep/javelin useless against 300 str users who have grit on almost every attack.

2 Likes

can confirm as spear user.

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like

bump

1 Like

This is the same problem as with a lot of buffs/debuffs in New World.

Normally there is a sequence of events that the game would follow to check/add/remove buffs. However, if something interrupts the sequence, it’s possible for buffs/effects to remain up longer than they should.

Here’s what normally goes on:

1. Player initiates attack that would add grit
  2. Game applies grit to player
  3. Player completes attack.
  4. Grit is removed.

Okay now when this sequence is interrupted:

1. Player initiates attack that would add grit
  2. Game applies grit to player
    Now, the Player is stunned by attack. Then items 3 and 4 don’t get processed through the game.

Now it’s not a forever grit, because the next attack the player does should then reapply and remove grit.

Essentially, New World has a lot of sequences that get interrupted/skipped/whatever and buffs last way longer than they should.

5 Likes

Bump

…I want forever grit… cough I mean bump!

2 Likes

Bump.

Correct, this is the same method that allows infinite stacking on some effects as people worked out how to stop them from expiring allowing them to apply an effect again - and again and again.

cough Stacking Honing stones cough.

1 Like

Bump

This needs to be fixed asap

bump.

I noticed this issue with the hammer’s wrecking ball like OP is talking about at the end. Pretty frustrating

Bump

Bump