Massive Ghost Spawnpoint bug at Reekwater

• What is your character name in New World: dariothedog
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Kor
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I was tryin to do the secondary mission called Path Unseen at Reekwater. When I entered the cave, I saw this massive gosth spawn and I couldn’t finish the mission. Also, the second part of the mission is bugued and there’s no pirates.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I couldn’t finish my mission and I can’t go foward on secondary missions in Reekwater because of that
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: GHOST SPAWN BUG REEKWATER - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Take the secondary mission called ‘‘Path Unseen’’ (Reekwater), then go to the cave’s mission, you’ll see a massive spawnpoint of purple ghost, if you take the chest, you can’t finish your mission either because there’s no pirates.
2 Likes

the whole zone is a mess, seems no QA testing have been done here at all!.

futher more group quest does not seem to work, on the pirate quest, we had to do them several times to finish up. and the angry earth quest where you should press the glowing thing… there spawns 30 mobs or even after pulling them and killing for an hour straight 8 sliver elites spawned directly and killed us…

1 Like

Same thing happened to the Ebonscale quests, it was about 7-14 days before it was fixed.

1 Like

Still happening

1 Like

It applies to a handfull of reekwater quests and it is most notably bad on the purple ghost quest because they hit like a truck and basically teleport so there is no way to cheese the fight.

Anyways, I think they know about the problem already but they are not fixing it because there are ‘more important problems’

1 Like

Please watch this @Luxendra its impossible to do quests in reekwater

I had finally managed to kill about 70 of those ghosts in a large group, it took me days to get it organized. Only to find out, that about every second quest in this chain and the other reekwater quest chain has that same multiple mob stacking bug. I’m fine with working around sth like that once or twice, but doing it every second quest in reekwater is burning me out, and that goes for about every player doing reekwater, as far as I can tell from ingame chat.

I know you have a lot to deal with, but that kind of repetitive progress roadblocks caused by the same bug over and over is highly demotivating to anyone. Seems to me, there’s a common bug in how quests progress and mob spawns are triggered, so maybe fixing it once will solve the problem with several quests.

@Luxendra Please do take a look at that otherwise it will cost you population.

Reekwater is the place where no QA, dares to enter is a buggy swap and a tangled mess of quests :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.