[Megathread] Brimstone Sands PTR: Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

If you encounter a bug while playtesting the PTR, please post it here in this thread using the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in the PTR:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone)

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for helping us keep this thread focused solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing in the PTR!

1 Like

• What is your character name in the PTR: Colorblind PTR
• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Weapon ability icons are swapped
• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to determine what abilities are on/off CD unless I swap to the opposite weapon.
• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

So my tests have been to reset all abilities, remove all weapons from being equipped and test one weapon equipped at a time. When one weapon is equipped, abilities unlocked are present on the bar correctly. Equipping a second weapon (with or without unlocking that additional weapons abilities) causes the bar two swap placement. Example, I am using GS and Bow. When GS is unsheathed (active) Bow ability bar is visible. When I weapon swap to Bow, GS abilities are visible. Lastly using the abilities works, however the CD does not show unless you weapon swap to check what is on cooldown. I have reset several times, tried different weapon combos, closed to desktop, closed to main menu and even deleted my character and created another. Issue is persistent.
• When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) EST 9 Sept 22 16:30

1 Like

What is your character name in the PTR: Raze PTR
Describe the issue you are experiencing: CTD w/ Error report on character load
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug?
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cant play
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No tried 2 times, same result
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Launch NW, select character, click play.
When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) Logged in, created lvl 60 backstory character, crashed on loading tutorial zone, sent report, loaded NW again, selected character, CTD on loading again.

Update: Verified files through Steam, Working as expected now. :man_shrugging:

1 Like
    TaborlinPTR

Hair Color Visual Bug. I can’t choose the hair type with my wished color, some hair types are only available in the default color ‘Black’.

Bug

Couldn’t choose the hair type/color combination I wanted.

Yes by choosing another hair type.

New World - Character Creation Hair Color Bug - PTR 09/22 - YouTube

Create a character, go to hair types, pick a color different than black and pick through the different hair types to see which one work in a different color and which one default to black. Some work and some not.

• When did you experience it?
    16.09.2022, 02h44 CET

[Someone else reported the similar bug, but on bug report: Character Creation Hair Visual Bug]

(Seem the bug is not only in Character Selection but also inside the game, means if it defaults to black despite you choosing a color it is also black in-game.)

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: habin p
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: storage chest in MB doesnt apply in total shed capacity
    placed chest in EF, EB, MB house. only MB has 1000 weight
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
4 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: PTR Silverlin
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: No sound except for NPC voice-overs
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Game is not enjoyable without sound
3 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: King Kannutt

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: All Named Items are dropping at 590

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug, I hope

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Have to spend so much umbral upgrading our named items

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Not Really

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Opened Mutation Caches

• When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 4AM US PTR Time

1 Like
    TaborlinPTR

Invisible Wall at the new West-Northern End of Shattered (not World Border)

Bug(?)

Cannot reach World Border at that place.

Yes, nothing of importance was there.

That is the approximate location, the invisible border is diagonally towards the world border in front.

Got to the place and move towards the world border there, you will see the invisible wall then.

16.09.2022, 04h50 CET

1 Like

What is your character name in the PTR: RaspuPTR
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Found a Texture bug in one of the monarch houses.
Is this a bug or an exploit: just a visual bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: “walk on air, invisible floor”
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: bought a house at monarch and entered it.
When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone)
16/09/2022 9AM Jerusalem time(UTC +3 IDT)

1 Like

What is your character name in the PTR: RaspuPTR
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Upon character creation, some of the hair colors never change from the black color.
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cant create a character with a hair color rather than black at most hair options.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Cant, tried few times.

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: created a character and try to select some of the hair styles
When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone)
16/09/2022 10AM(UTC +3 IDT)

3 Likes

Does anyone have the problem with you that the wrong weapons are displayed in the menu?

• Weapon 1 spear in hand but I get hatchet icons displayed

• Weapon 2 hatchet in hand but I get spear icons displayed.

Abilities of the respective weapons work but it’s quite irritating

What is your character name in the PTR: r0nnar

Describe the issue you are experiencing: As described above, weapon 1 selected but weapon 2 icons displayed and weapon 2 icons of weapon 1

(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It is irritating when the wrong weapon is shown

(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no… Same on Lifestaff & Void gauntlet

1 Like

Hi… i have solved the Problem… in my Settings is Show All Weapons OFF … have Put this ON and Now i see the right Weaponslots

1 Like
  • What is your character name in the PTR: TestRofle
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: invisible arms when wearing Playtester Medium Chest of the Ranger
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: just visually
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: just wear it
  • When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 12:50 CEST
2 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: Alexis Maria 2
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Stamina going grey when not exhausted bug is still present
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Makes stamina management in PVP miserable and soul crushing
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: See the GIF
  • When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) All day every day

Animation3

There is still a game breaking and admittedly infuriating bug where we run out of stamina when performing dodge rolls, despite not being exhausted. If you guys only fix this you’d be making the game 100% better, especially in PVP. There has to be a way we can avoid this from happening altogether.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in the PTR: BubiPTR
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Event armor skins doesnt exist in bag, nor the Change skin tab after buying them
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Well its really annoying
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Buy Pumpkinhead for example
  • When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 2022.09.16.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in the PTR: Sir Fuddy
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: When leveling either crafting or other skills you get on screen notice of certain “things” being available, but when you check the crafting table to see if you can do this, it is not available. E.G. Got a notice saying Steel Ingots was now available, but at the crafting table it is still listed as available at Level 100 even though I got the on screen notice long before reaching level 100.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Slowing Leveling of Crafting/Skills etc
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just general skill work or crafting
  • When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone): 15 Sept, all day.
1 Like

I have the same issue.

I’ve applied territory standing points to +450 storage in WW, BW and MD but only BW(which was the 2nd home purchased) shows any additional storage.

Also the houses have 3-4 +1050 storage chests down but only BW shows more than the base 1000 storage.

1 Like

same here storage is messed up

What is your character name in the PTR: Evil Alice
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Storage not expanding from chests in two of my houses.
Is this a bug or an exploit: This is a Bug.
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: My houses in Morningdale and Windsword, my chests are not expanding my storage shed, and I can not store beyond 1000 weight.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, relaunching did not fix the issue.
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Screenshots are not working on my PTR.
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Putting the chests down does not expand the storage space, and picking them up and putting them back down it does not fix the issue.
When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 9/16/2022 11am PST