[Megathread] Gauging Interest for Regional Server Transfer

Greetings Adventurers,

As we continue to work on cross regional transfers, we wanted to get a better sense of who is wanting to transfer, from where to where, and what sort of features/accommodations you want and/or need.

We’ve examined how this feature could work and there are several different approaches to take, but they have different impacts on time to complete based on how many people we expect to use the feature. So here are some questions for you to help us understand:

• Would you be using cross-region yourself?
  • From which region to which region?
  • Would you want us to spend more time for a polished user experience (interface etc) or emphasize speed of delivery? We have heard many people say speed of delivery and that is our current focus.
  • Would it be major negative to you if a required step was abandoning your house, and that was refunded later?
  • Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)?

Please utilize the template for your response. Your help in keeping content unrelated to the questions from the template out of this thread is much appreciated!

As this intended for information gathering and not strictly for discussion, we are enabling slow mode for this post, thank you for your understanding!

115 Likes
  • Yes
  • US-East to US-West
  • Speed of Delivery
  • No, that wouldn’t be negative
  • 1 day is fine
12 Likes
  • Yes
  • US-East to west and west to east
  • Speed of Delivery
  • No I don’t mind
  • A day or so is fine

Please add US-Central !!!

11 Likes
  • Yes if there is an Asia region available (The ping is bad when playing in Oceania region)

• Speed of Delivery (With a monthly roadmap, showing what is happening for this and next month)

• No it wont be negative as there will be refunds available (Provided no loss in items)

• A period of 1 day downtime is reasonable

7 Likes
  • I wont use it.
  • As cross-region transfer will be utilized by relatively few players, I prefer speed of delivery. The manpower is needed somewhere else more urgent.

Why I say “relatively few players”: It’s only relevant to those who moved to another continent, or want to play with friends across the sea, or couldn’t wait several hours for NA release and started a character on EU servers and sticked with it.

1 Like

no but have friends that want to transfer to my region and also people that really want SEA servers as the ping is not optimal.

US to AP (specifically to play with friends)

Others require SEA servers for a better experience and latency.

• Would you want us to spend more time for a polished user experience (interface etc) or emphasize speed of delivery? We have heard many people say speed of delivery and that is our current focus.

Speed, I think a huge priority should be server merges populations in AP are in dire conditions and rapidly losing player base. 200 at peak is terrible.

• Would it be major negative to you if a required step was abandoning your house, and that was refunded later?
    If refund later ok.

• Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)?
    That’s fine happens in other games

4 Likes
    Yes + Others
    West to East
    Speed of Delivery
    N/A as I do not have a home purchased yet.
    Yes

I would like to add:
Allow companies to do full company transfers. They a pop up appears that indicating something like: “Your company has started a regional transfer from X to Y. Would you like to go with?” Also, for those who are a day or more late to the transfer should still have the option to follow there company. Some players are offline for 1 week or more.

(Also, Please do a questionnaire thing like this for OPR improvements.)

3 Likes

->won’t be using it

->it doesn’t need go be appealing, it just has to be functional. If everything works right, ship it. Ideally players will only use this once, so it doesn’t need to be a fancy thing :slight_smile:

->it is okay, if we are informed beforehand. Knowing that you won’t be able to play makes a world of difference. For instance we had the steam share incident (thank you for letting us play btw), and the most frustrating part was not knowing what would happen next. Clear path = fantastic.

1 Like
  • Would you be using cross-region yourself? One day, maybe
  • From which region to which region? From NA East to NA West
  • Would you want us to spend more time for a polished user experience (interface etc) or emphasize speed of delivery? We have heard many people say speed of delivery and that is our current focus. Don’t care since not a need for me ATM.
  • Would it be major negative to you if a required step was abandoning your house, and that was refunded later? If house refund was issued, it would be ok.
  • Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)? Non-playable for hours is ok, id just do it at night b4 I went to bed. But a full 24 hour day, is too much. I’d be annoyed.

No

None.

Polished user Experience but I think the 1.0.5 was the best patch until today. The game is in a very good place right now so maybe one patch with good features should be great.

Nop.

No if the process is guaranteed to be clean and 100% work.

Would you be using cross-region yourself? Yes
From which region to which region? US West to US East
Would you want us to spend more time for a polished user experience (interface etc) or emphasize speed of delivery? We have heard many people say speed of delivery and that is our current focus. Speed of delivery
Would it be major negative to you if a required step was abandoning your house, and that was refunded later? No
Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)? Yes

1 Like

Yes
US-West to US-East
Speed of Delivery
No
1 day would be fine.

5 Likes
    Yes ( I also have members of a guild who are stuck in the same situation, however they do not have forum accounts)

US West to East

Speed of delivery

If a refund is issued and no items are lost, or they can at least be recovered then No- it will not be an issue.

Considering it would take a month to get back to where I am right now, it could take a week and I’d be fine with it. Yes.

yes
    US east to EU central
    balance between the two
    no
    yes, aslong as there are no major issues from the move im more then fine with waiting around a day
1 Like
    Yes - most of my friends started on a US East server, while myself and a couple others went US West because of the queues, thinking we could transfer to join them later.

US East to US West

Speed of Delivery

No

Yes

1 Like
  • Yes I would
  • East > West
  • Speed of delivery
  • Not as big of a negative as not being able to region transfer
  • I wouldn’t expect to be able to play my character while it’s transferring

Also a note to those in charge of making decisions:
A large portion of the people who would be more responsive to this thread probably quit when they found out region transfers weren’t going to be available originally. So all the people you have in here saying “no I wouldn’t use it” never would’ve used it in the first place.

Those of us that stuck around expecting you to keep your promise (which you did do) need you to follow through on this and not “F” it up.

3 Likes
  • Yes
  • US-East to US-West
  • Speed of Delivery
  • As long as I was Refunded for All 3 of my houses it would be Fine!
  • 1 day is fine
1 Like
  • Yes
  • US-West to EU
  • Speed of delivery is important
  • As long as we receive compensation (at the very least the base cost of the house).
  • Yes, player inaccessibility is fine for a day.
1 Like
    Would you be using cross-region yourself?

-Yes

From which region to which region?

AP-Southeast to somewhere in Europe

Would you want us to spend more time for a polished user experience (interface etc) or emphasize speed of delivery? We have heard many people say speed of delivery and that is our current focus.
  • Delivery

Would it be major negative to you if a required step was abandoning your house, and that was refunded later?

• no , it wouldnt be a major negative at all

Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)?

• Yes , as long as i will be able to be transferred.

I am moving from South East Asia to Spain in the coming 3 months. Since my character is in AP Southeast , the ping will be in the 300s to 500s then. It will not be playable at all.

3 Likes
  • Yea, Paid or free, but already used my free one so far.
  • US-West to US-East or EU
  • Speed of delivery
  • I’d prefer not to have to reset house, but if compensated quickly, I’d be ok with it.
  • Yea, I’d do more than a day even.
1 Like