[Megathread] Gauging Interest for Regional Server Transfer

• Currently not (just withing a region)
  • n/a
  • As a lot of people are still spread out a speedy but steady solution would be nice (even if some of the below applies it is better than having bugs)
  • If it is refunded this would probably also be something for transfers within a region as the zones are sometimes very different and your current house location does not fit the future server. With no sort of refund, I doubt anyone would like that (unless they do not have a house)
  • I guess 24hours shouldnt be a big issue here. Rather playing with friends than solo. But should be very well communicated (ingame notice in BIG LETTERS you know maybe?).
1 Like

Yes
US-West to US-East
Speed of Delivery
Not at all, selling feature would be nice
Take as long as you need

1 Like
  • Yes
  • US West → US East
  • Speed of delivery
  • No
  • Yes, 1 day would be fine.
1 Like
  • Would you be using cross-region yourself?
    Two Friends
  • From which region to which region?
    US West to East
  • Would you want us to spend more time for a polished user experience (interface etc) or emphasize speed of delivery? We have heard many people say speed of delivery and that is our current focus.
    Hell naw let my people come
  • Would it be major negative to you if a required step was abandoning your house, and that was refunded later?
    NO
  • Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)?
    YES
1 Like
  • cross-region? no, i’m staying central-eu
  • (left out)
  • yes the user interface (nearly all of them) needs an overhaul! but first, please make a roadmap before… it would be good to revamp the crafting UIs and later introducing new/other features which collides with it…
  • no problem at all - if you also think in advance what happens with storage and how to handle it
  • if it works (and if you can check it the meantime if there’s no bug using, glitching etc…) such a waiting time has to be allright

Yes
US East to EU
Speed
No, I just want to play in my timezone
No, I just want to play in my timezone

2 Likes
  • Yes
  • EU-Central to South African server if one becomes available. 200ms ping is killing us
  • Speed of Delivery
  • No, that wouldn’t be negative
  • Yes
1 Like
  • Yes
  • SA-East (sub 50ms ping) to US-East (friends) and vice versa
  • Speed of delivery as long as I don’t run the risk of losing my character or getting it stuck into a non-playable state for many days due to some bug. Item and gold duplication exploits are unacceptable.
  • Temporary (3-5 days) house unavailability is OK.
  • Temporary (1 day) character unavailability is OK
1 Like
  • Yes
  • from AP server to SEA server
  • Anything as long as you open a SEA server !
  • I dont mind. Anything
  • I dont mind. Anything

A desperate player from HK that want to play with 50 ping instead of 160.

Thank you,

2 Likes
    → Yes

→ US East to EU Central

• Would you want us to spend more time for a polished user experience (interface etc) or emphasize speed of delivery? We have heard many people say speed of delivery and that is our current focus.
    → Speed of delivery

• Would it be major negative to you if a required step was abandoning your house, and that was refunded later?
    → If refunds AND the 50% discount is given again, then it’s ok

• Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non-playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)?
    → That’s fine

1 Like
    Possibly. I already abandoned my character on the NA region and rerolled a new one on in EU. At some point I might want to transfer my NA character to EU again, but it depends on what I end up doing in the game.

From NA to EU

Speed of delivery.

No, that would be okay.

• Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)?
    Yes, that would be fine.

1 Like
  • Yes
  • US-west to Ap or if there will be a real sea server, whether in indonesia or singapore.
  • Speed of Delivery
  • nah, I don’t think it’ll be a problem to me, as long as you give first buy discount back and refund.
  • 1 or more days is acceptable, no one wanna their data lost by rush.

Yes along with a few friends
West → East
Speed of delivery, base functionality is most important
If it is refunded in full, I don’t mind
Up to a day? That is acceptable

• Yes +3 (three of us)
  • US East to Europe
  • Speed of delivery
  • No
  • Yes that’s fine
1 Like

Yes. Both my wife and I.

US East to EU.

Like many EU players who were completely unable to play on launch, we read about the free transfers and made characters on the US East expansion servers as instructed by Amazon. However the server is now completely dead (<200 players at peak time) and wars/invasions etc are at terrible times for an EU player. We are rapidly running out of steam because of it, my wife hasn’t played in several days now and I’m not sure if she’ll come back, if there was a chance to transfer to an active server in EU soon, then I think she probably will.

Spped, has to be speed, I don’t care what the process is as long as it’s soon and it works.

it would be a negative for sure, but not one that would prevent us from transferring.

Not a problem.

1 Like
  • Yes
  • US-East to US-West
  • Speed of Delivery
  • No, that wouldn’t be negative
  • 1 day is fine

Responses in the quote

-----Yes
    -----US East to US West. I have never had so much connection lag in a online game before.
    -----Speed of delivery as long as it works doesnt need to be fancy.
    -----No
    -----Yes
  • Would you be using cross-region yourself? Yes
  • From which region to which region? NA East to Oceanic
  • Would you want us to spend more time for a polished user experience (interface etc) or emphasize speed of delivery? Speed of Delivery
  • Would it be major negative to you if a required step was abandoning your house, and that was refunded later? Abandoning house is fine, Aslong as we get a prompt before transfering. to remind anyone that they should go and clear out the house of items.
  • Is it ok if in the process of this transfer your character is non playable for a period of time up to a day (but possibly less)? this is a common time frame given by many mmo’s
1 Like

Yes I would us cross region transfer.
I would go from US East to US West
I would like to see speed of delivery because I’m stuck between getting my class 8 levels or starting a new character on the US West server.
I would be totally fine with abandoning my house.
I do not support the idea having a play delay after the transfer unless it makes the process come quicker I could support it