[Megathread] January PTR Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a thread to track bugs that popped up due to the January PTR. We will update the list below when we see new issues appear. You can find our January PTR Notes here.

Bugs:

If the bug you are experiencing is not listed here, please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in the PTR:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

As this intended for information gathering and not strictly for discussion, we are enabling slow mode for this post, thank you for your understanding!

3 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: RudyHeyl
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: PTR
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Javelin skill for spear “throws” are invisible, no damage is done, nothing happens.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Skill do not work
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Throw Javelin
3 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: Castorcato
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: EU
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot use ability from Sheathed Weapon state
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: This used to be how the game worked…I dunno, 6 months ago? But Devs made it so you can use abilities to unsheathe your weapon. Thus, it looks like its broken to an older state.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Sheathe weapon and use an ability, it won’t work. You may also find yourself on the wrong weapon! As the ability highlighted trying to go off is on the other weapon slot!
8 Likes

TITLE: MUTATED DUNGEON CHESTS DROP LOW 500 EXPERTISE ITEMS

• What is your character name in the PTR: TrashPandaPT
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: All Mutation expedition chests ONLY drop low 500 expertise items and DO NOT drop higher 590+ gear score items. Same bug that Lazarus and Genesis had
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot get good items from chests in mutations
3 Likes

Named Legendary Void Gauntlets are BOE

TITLE: VOID GAUNTLET ABILITY COOLDOWNS REDUCE EXTREMELY FAST ON CRIT

• What is your character name in the PTR: TrashPandaPT
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Void gauntlet abilities are almost instantly off cooldown the moment you attack something. I do have the perk that reduces cooldowns on crit, but it seems to not work as intended. There is a major difference in the reduction between PTR and regular realm. It is as if the abilities have no cooldown.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: This makes the VG extremely powerful as you can spam abilities
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Hit an mob with the VG blade
2 Likes
  • What is your character name in the PTR: KamakazeTEST
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: TEST

Playtester Vial of Azoth provides 0 azoth.
Also, we need storage and Arcana Quintessence mats. <3

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bugs
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: :frowning:
2 Likes

Abilities can no longer be used when the weapon is sheathed, is super annoying.

3 Likes

yeah, this is not good to hear. light armor wearers use the dodge animation cancel constantly and end up with no weapon equipped. now they cannot attack until they hit an additional button to equip.

• What is your character name in the PTR: Ben S Ptr3
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: PTR US East
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: client crashes randomly when interacting with an interface or walking into a buff area (aoe heals). Was not occurring prior to completing my first dungeon mutation.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: client full crashes
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: unsure how to reproduce effectively as it’s not consistent but happens frequently
    [/quote]
  • What is your character name in the PTR: LowTesT
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: EU
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Dropped named amulet in mutation, can’t insert gem in it.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Same problem with all dropped trinkets with socket, same problem in live server.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, same bug since december patch

Please allow to put gems in our trinkets, this is frustrating for a bug that is 2 months old.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in the PTR: deikhina
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: ptr
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: abilities can’t be activated if the weapon is sheathed
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: i hope it’s a bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: you have to unsheathe the weapon before using an ability
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: sheathe the weapon, try to use any ability

I really hope this is a bug, on live you can use any ability with the weapon sheathed, it just works. It would be really bad if you had to unsheathe every time.

1 Like

Playtester Vial of Azoth doesn’t give any azoth on use.

2 Likes
    What is your character name in the PTR: flamiii
    What server/world did you experience your issue on: PTR
    Describe the issue you are experiencing: i created too many chars on the ptr and now im locked for 24 hours can u please disable this on the ptr 
    Is this a bug or an exploit:bug
    (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cant play
    (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:ye
    (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • What is your character name in the PTR: DragonsKeep
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Crafting an infused silk shirt. the in-progress animation text shows as “ironwood fishing pole”
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: no effect, cosmetic
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: it is repeatable

• What is your character name in the PTR: Mala Zedik YT
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East PTR
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Crafting is showing wrong information. (Additionality unable to test Umbral Shards with the crafting setup)
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Provides me with false information.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: See below

Craft 2 items and it says I crafted 20
Craft 68 items and it says I crafted 300+
Really just craft anything and it’s just wrong. (At least anything I’ve attempted so far)

Image:

Video: New World January PTR Crafting Bug - YouTube

• What is your character name in the PTR:
    ** SpazeGranade-PTR (Does not matter)
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    ** EU PTR 1 (Does not matter)
    ** When changing the Monitor in Settings > Visuals > Monitor to “Monitor 2” because thats the screen i would like the game to be on its not saved. After closing the game restarts on Monitor 1 again and the setting is also reverted to Monitor 1.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
    ** bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    ** Its annoying. Every start I have to change this setting…
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    ** Yes. By changing the setting every launch…
    ** I Dont think this is needed
    ** See “Describe the issue you are experiencing”

This was already reported many times:

Would be nice if this could be fixed when the patch hits the live servers. Thanks.

What is your character name in the PTR: Silva PTR

What server/world did you experience your issue on: EU

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot use ability from Sheathed Weapon state

Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: This used to be how the game worked…I dunno, 6 months ago? But Devs made it so you can use abilities to unsheathe your weapon. Thus, it looks like its broken to an older state.

(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Sheathe Bug

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Sheathe weapon and use an ability, it won’t work. You may also find yourself on the wrong weapon! As the ability highlighted trying to go off is on the other weapon slot!

What is your character name in the PTR: Dominis
    What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Describe the issue you are experiencing: The perks for Dynasty Life Staff and Fire Staff are swapped. "Harbinger Life Staff of the Sage" has Siphoning Incinerate (a Fire Staff perk) and "Harbinger Fire Staff of the Scholar" has Accelerating Light's Embrace.
    Is this a bug or an exploit:
    (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: My drop are invalid. :(
    (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
    (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

Check loot table.