We have merged a few worlds/world sets now and want to see if there were any bugs or issues that arose after these merges occurred.
This thread addresses:
- Mardi into Brittia 2021-12-09T19:00:00Z (in your local timezone)
- Ishtakar, Metsola, Glitnir, Kalevala, Zu-Vendis, and Phaeacia will be merging into Caer Sidi on 2021-12-10T22:00:00Z
- Tuma, Svarga, Rukh and Patala will be merging into Irkalla on 2021-12-10T22:00:00Z
- Eugea, Kukku, and Nammu will be merging into Albur for Nibiru Zeta on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
- Kigal and Niraya will be merging into Apsu for Nibiru Eta on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
- Hubur and Alatyr will be merging into Atlantis for Nibiru Theta on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
- Sanzu and Morven will be merging into Anu for Nibiru Nu on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
- Arali, Tamag, Kunlun and Liusha will be merging into Modun for Nibiru Xi on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
- Aratta, Taparloka, and Jianmu will be merging into Katezh for Nibiru Rho on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
- Dilmun and Naraka will be merging into Lanka for Nibiru Tau on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
- Dunnu will be merging into Devaloka for Nibiru Phi on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
- Bhuloka and Kasanaan will be merging into Ekur for Nibiru Chi on 2021-12-14T00:00:00Z.
You can find the announcements below:
- [Notice] Server Merge Mardi and Brittia - Central EU
- Server Merge: Certain World Sets in Central EU and South America
- Server Merge: South American Worlds
If you find any bugs that arose specifically due to this merge, please use the following template to report them.
- What is your character name in New World:
- Which server/world were you originally on:
- Describe the issue you are experiencing:
- (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
- (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
- (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
- What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
Any bug reports not provided by a player in the worlds listed or any discussion unrelated to this world merge specifically will be removed. We will also be implementing a slow mode to prevent discussion or questions unrelated to people directly affected by this merge. Thank you for your understanding.
From fighting your opposition in wars and invasions, to hanging out in the local tavern, we’ve found that a healthy realm provides more opportunities for players to enjoy the world of Aeternum.
In general, when our data shows that the experience in the world has become suboptimal, the team will investigate why conditions changed and if a merge is needed. Part of our investigation includes work to find the most suitable counterpart for worlds destined to be merged, helping to ensure your time in Aeternum is fun and socially exciting.
There are a few things we look at in order to determine if the world is unhealthy including, but not limited to, population size and overall engagement. Once we’ve identified that a world needs to be merged, we compare it to the existing worlds in the world set to find the most optimal partner world by comparing elements like faction, gameplay style, and language. By merging within a set, this means that a US West world will never be merged into a US East world but a US West world could be merged into another US West world.
Players on these worlds are not expected to lose any progress (including gold, items, faction, companies, etc.); however, territories should still belong to the companies on the world absorbing the merge.
For example, if World X was confirmed as needing to be merged, and World Y was identified as the counterpart:
- Players on World Y will not be impacted, other than an influx of players on the world. World Y territory ownership will persist after the merge.
- World X characters will be relocated to World Y - their characters, companies, housing, gold, and owned items should remain intact, but territory ownership and contracts will not persist on the new world.
We thoroughly investigate both worlds to make sure that the worlds we merge are the best compatible pair.
We strive to always schedule world merges on Wednesdays to prevent overlapping issues with any potential updates or patches we may have. This may not be the case for this first round of merges, as we are balancing this with the need to quickly provide you with a more full world, for an optimal gaming experience.
Both worlds (the one being merged and the one being merged into) will receive a notification in-game telling players to expect a world merge. The world being merged is informed on the Friday before the merge, while the world being merged into receives an in-game notice the Monday before. This offset is because the world being merged into will remain mostly unaffected, outside of the increase in players, pre- and post- merge. We will also post a dedicated downtime notification on Friday on our official New World forums with a link to this FAQ.
The team will be monitoring the merge as it happens and we will investigate and address any issues that arise as soon as possible. To ensure that we are aware of any issues that happen after the merge, we will open a temporary thread on the forum dedicated to issues that you’ve experienced post-merge, as well as relay any important updates related to the merge.
Thank you for helping us with this world merge!