[Megathread] New World 1.2.2 Update Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the Weekly 1.2.1 Update. We will update the list below when we see new issues appear.

You can find our Known Issues list for December here and the Weekly 1.2.2 Feedback Megathread here.

Newly Reported Bugs:

Known bugs but not on the Known Issues List:

• Some players are reporting that they are unable to place a tier 5 camp down
  • The “Disease” debuff may stack infinitely
  • Companies may not receive 50k per settlement lost if they were merged into a new world - working on a resolution
  • Winter Warrior may not respawn if you die - abandon and reaccept quest
  • Cows are missing (or loading in very slowly) in settlements
  • Long delay on loading screen
  • Yonas is missing (or loading slowly)
  • There is a bug with our minimum expertise bumps, where bumps after 585 Expertise always give 1 Expertise, rather than the 2 they should have
  • There is an issue where players can only increase aptitude levels by 3 levels at one time
  • Sometimes chests do not contain any loot
  • Some players are reporting that any interaction causes your weapon to become unsheathed
  • Some gatherable nodes will stay on the map after being discovered
  • Midwinter’s Majesty has some graphical issues
  • Some players are reporting not receiving rewards after finishing Outpost Rush
  • Players can’t see group members on their map
  • There is a typo in the Giacomo Alioviti questline
  • Players may need to release RMB and exit ADS before selecting a skill/ability
  • There is a report that Estebanita Gomes does not show up in Monarchs Bluff
  • Players can still glitch through the back doors of the forts in wars
  • Void Gauntlet: “Enchanted” perk is not working properly
  • Players are reporting that the musket trap disappears when you throw it at your feet
  • Players are reporting that they aren’t receiving the 3 star Aptitude Fishing Reward

If the bug you are experiencing is not listed here, please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

2 Likes

Adding more wood to this fire

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Kaseas
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Scheria
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Unable to salvage crafted rugs Goldenrod Geometric Rug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: unable to salvage to level up furnishing
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: 1.Craft rug 2. try to salvage, doesn’t go away and doesn’t give you anything. just gotta live with it or sell it.
4 Likes

The late night siege timers are still bugged 2022-01-12 06-40-16

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Villimey
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Saba EU
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Syndicate faction mission is bugged and keeps buffering. I’ve tried waiting for it to be replaced and it’s still buffering. Someone else in my company had that bug aswell yesterday and still has it.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It’s hindering our progress to push territories in conflict.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Yes below
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Try to take a mission at the faction guy. I don’t know if this affects other factions than Syndicate.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: deadkoala
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Inventory got completely bugged, slots inaccessible and wrong data displaying.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Lost 2 years of life from anxiety and had a small heart attack
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, just need to close the game and open again.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Yes below
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: First login after update

1 Like

Void gauntlet + Ice storm still bugs movement, and now you dont even need to die for the bug to work, this is incredible.

3 Likes

War lag is 10x worse after the patch.

• What is your character name in New World: Nomaq
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: We had a war when server came up, lag on the last two points made the game unplayable (20 seconds to cast a spell kind of lag). Multiple people were stuck on infinite loading screens after they died. We lost our territory and didn’t have a chance to wipe the point or fight back, they just had to put numbers on the point for a free win.

This is just as bad/worse than lag at release.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Server stability issue
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: When two zergs are contesting the point the game becomes unplayable laggy mess.
2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: DRAGONFALCON
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Elaea
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The highest aptitude reward for Fishing gives NO reward or chest. So I have aptitude 2 on Fishing, but once the circle goes all the way around, the last tier reward does not drop. So I’ve missed out on 2 max aptitude fishing chests.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: No
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: n/a
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: n/a
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I reached Aptitude 2 (202 total) levels with Fishing. The highest tier reward never dropped either time.
1 Like

This is a pre-existing issue, and only fix is to relog.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Balarak
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Hellheim EU central
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: On the great axe, reap does no damage when you HAVE the “Gravity” talent and DO NOT HAVE the “Fatal Attraction” talent. It is only with this specific combination that the reap ability doesn’t do damage.
    For example, if both the talents, OR neither of the talents are picked, reap will do damage as intended.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Has prevented me from using what I believe is the best build for the great axe. This bug has been in the game ever since the “Into the void” patch, and is still bugged months later.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Make sure that the “Gravity” talent is picked, and the “Fatal Attraction” talent is not. Using reap on a mob/player will then do 0 damage.
1 Like

PARTY BUG, I’M UNABLE TO JOIN A PARTY BECAUSE I’M ALREADY PART OF IT

• What is your character name in New World: Dkstroyer
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bengodi
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I was doing a premade of 5 people in OPR, after finishing It the game did not exit me from the outpost map and I was able to move around but I couldnt teleport back to a city or exit the outpost, so I reloged. After reloging I was not part of a party anymore(from my point of view), so I decided to join another party to do a Lazarus Expedition. While doing the expedition I got a message from one of the members with whom I made the outpost saying that I was still in the party and they proceed to kick me. The real struggle starts when because of that I got kicked from the current party I was doing the expedition. I was not able to join again because I was already inside the party, they could not expel me, we tried everything, reloging, alt+f4, doing another party, everything but I could not join the party anymore. Because of that I lost my run of Lazarus and also the party was not able to invite another member to finish it.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Could not finish the Lazarus expedition
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, still in party and people can’t invite me
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
1 Like

Tou can still not turn in Faction Quests in the neutral territories (SM, GC, EG). This had been introduced with the Event update and we’ll be losing the tokens and gold in these regions for another month.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Schlaubitac
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Aaru
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: We can’t complete the quest for the Lazarus Expedition: “Baetylus Headpiece (Expedition)”. We can’t even abandon the quest, only reset it. I saw a Video where the questline is shown, and the state of the quest should change when you get close to the lazarus expedition entrance. But for me and my wife the quest does not change, and we both never get the “Naga Headress” from Cilla to continue.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t complete the Side Story
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: no idea, but my wife “Tici Schlumpf” also have this issue. Another Member of our Company had finished the quest today with no issues.
4 Likes

What is your character name in New World: Silva the Borg
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Harmonia
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can’t add gems to Old Earring (It’s a bug common on all “Old” gear)
Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Just bought an Earring and can’t add a gem.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
Screenshot 2022-01-13 012411
Screenshot 2022-01-13 012359

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Get an Old Earring and add a gem.

5 Likes

This please,. I also have a ring I can’t add a gem. Of course the ring has a gem slot.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Mr.Pibbs
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Kshira Sagara
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Brutes and other PVE CREATURES sometimes display as enemy units when they are actually your spawned units, and sometimes they appear as your units when they are in fact the other teams units. This is very very aggravating, almost as bad as not being able to tell which godamn healing circle is your TEAMS healing circle. 3-4 months into the game there are so many ridiculous things still. I didn’t even mention the lantency hit registration lag, and the rubberbanding desyncing that is STILL HAPPENING, especially when using charge on great axe, or the leaping strike on SWORD. extremely terrible.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG and server issues
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: really? It infuriates thousands of players every day.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
    play your own game and you will see it first hand.
    melee experience in terms of lantency and desync lag - What Playing A MELEE In NEW WORLD Is Really Like.... - YouTube

brute and other creatures being incorrect, again hire people that actually play your game.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: playing opr.
2 Likes
    What is your character name in New World: Dozer
    What server/world did you experience your issue on: Styx
    Describe the issue you are experiencing: When in a group, leaving any instanced house causes voice chat to crash and cause "port error". Voice works fine entering and inside a house, only crashes when you leave it
    Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
    (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Need to reactivate voice chat, nasty clicking around

(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: YES, Disable Voice chat in communication option, then re-activate it for groups or in general. Systems seems to be refreshing like that and voice gets working again

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Be in agroup, voice on. Enter any instanced housing in a city, then leave it -> Port error in the voice
1 Like

[quote=“Dozer, post:20, topic:673829”]

Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

[/quote] Hello, all day I killed the Surgeon to knock out an ingredient for a trophy, by the name of the Ancient Man knocked out 2 pieces, but I can’t craft from them, although I can be called the only one in the recipe …

1 Like