[Megathread] New World 1.3.1 Update Bug Reporting

• What is your character name in New World: Bamorun
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Caelum
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: issue with war group organization
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: war organisation is a pain. war groups can’t be correctly setup. High consequences
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no war starts with unexpected group memmbers
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    organise the groups, get into the war and change players from a group to another, groups are not syn nchronized anymore with group management
  • What is your character name in New World: Notorious Gigi
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Kor
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can’t use the chat after a outpost rush/war/invasion/dungeon, can be solved reconnecting.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I have to logout and login to fix the issue
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, by logging out. But it happens everytime.

What is your character name in New World: Protas
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bran
Describe the issue you are experiencing: After use any potion (HP, Mana or Regen) I’m lose any buff effect (example: Bend Light, protector’s touch, Intensify from Life Staff etc)
Using potion has the same effect as switching weapons probably.
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: ex. Healer lose 50% healing power after use mana potion and i need stack hv attack and dodge from begining after use any potion.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:-
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: potion bug - YouTube
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: stack buff and use any potion.

• What is your character name in New World: Lochib Martin

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Neno Kuni

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Dynasty Mutation not giving gypsum, Timeless Shards, nor allowing progression. have run 3x m1 (2x gold, 1x bronze) 2x m2 (both gold) and 1x m3 (silver)

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: 10K spent on running dungeons on other folk’s orbs and not being allowed to reciprocate a quid pro quo, also not allowed to progress. Game does not recognize the m1 gold clears, nor the m3 silver clear. I’m actually not even allowed to start an m3 instance.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Log in, run Dynasty mutator at any level. You will be given the codex m1 (regardless of what you actually ran) no shards, and no codex/orb. Receive m1 despite m2 Gold. Run m1 because you can’t start m3. You are unable to clear whatever highest m1 run you do. Lowest is persistent and prevents progression.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Dysomnia
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yulbrada
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: cannot connect to the game
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cannot enter the game
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: nil
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: nil

Juniper Berry is the issue here

• What is your character name in New World: Cleany
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: NAE Calnogar
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Using Juniper Berries in crafting Tier V food automatically downgrades it to Tier III food.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Wasted mats.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Using Juniper Berries to craft.
  • What is your character name in New World: Lahzarel
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Diranda
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Housing is not publicly viewable. Lists of owners seems incomplete.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Accomplished public viewable house in First Light, but no one can see it. This bug and imcomplete lists seem to be happening on many of the houses.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: This issue with publicly visible houses was fine prior to the 1.3.1 patch. There was an amazingly decorated house and mine as well. Next day, after the patch, the decorated house was bare and the owner wasn’t even listed on the housing list. This was the same with my house and others in First Light. The only way someone sees mine now is in group.

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs

If you open/close storage without interacting (add/remove item), craft stations and trading post ignore all items from said storage.

• What is your character name in New World: Wally Allen

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ferri

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: random crashing/freezing.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can play for a few minutes but ever since the last update the game randomly freezes/locks up… game music continues have to ctrl-alt-delete and close the program and restart it. then it does it again. haven’t been able to play all day as it just repeats this over and over as it seems to have gotten way worse overnight. got to the end boss of dungeon and it froze did genesis and it froze at the boss. didn’t get credit for the last boss the drops for it or last chest when using my orb. tried to make a group got to laz entrance… it froze … sat in front of tp it crashed. makes it an unplayable mess.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No i restart but it takes a bit to close down the game that is running in a stuck state using high resources then takes a few minutes to load back up to the character select screen and by the time i’m back in any reward i had coming to me for gameplay is gone and group is often disbanded

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:can’t … the client locks up no way to do anything.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: try to play the game. started after this latest patch before that the game ran fine. have verified files and forced redownloading of drivers … a broken client is a broken client. it’s unstable after the latest patch plain and simple.

Hi, heres mine

What is your character name in New World: Acktor

What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ekur

Describe the issue you are experiencing: When farming trees the axe is not losing damage, instead the action is damaging the equipped weapon, only when i unequip both weapons the axe got damaged from tree farming

Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: its damagin mine weapons

(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes

(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

Name is Herschel Krusty on Ohnoo. Hearty meals made with Juniper berries turns them into light meals. Ended up wasting a good chunk of food ingredients for bad food.

• What is your character name in New World: Baptista Mercado
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Eden
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: STORAGE/CRAFTING BUG. CRAFTING STATIONS ARE NOT PULLING FROM STORED ITEMS; must have in inventory to craft
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can’t clear out my inventory b/c storage full → storage full because crafting stations won’t pull stored items (only from inventory). No room to loot.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Why is this question still here? Exploits/bugs are bad… telling the public how to reproduce exploits/bugs is even worse.
  • What is your character name in New World: Thomas Fooleryy

(Other players in party who experienced the same bug: Korelock, Bentrix, SkankyScallyWag, Tubbydog)

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Lin Lin

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: We completed A Mutated Dynasty Expedition on level 7 (Hard) with a silver rank, and it is telling us that we can not enter a level 8 (Hard) because we must complete Level 7 with a Silver Rank or higher.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot move on to next level, waste of mutation orbs (2 orbs wasted on level 7 that we completed at Silver Rank

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, still cannot move on to 8

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Complete Level 7 Mutated Dynasty Expedition at Silver rank

We ask that you please fix this problem for us. We will run again to get Gold and move on to 8, but we would ask for a refund of our Mutated Expedition Tuning Orbs in order to make up for wasting them. Thank you for your time and consideration

• What is your character name in New World: Grace Day
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pleroma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: LAG DETECTED kicked all players during Everfall Invasion
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Resulted in 8 stations (70k, and time to reinstate status) being downgraded in previously sustained Capital-status Everfall. Detrimental to my, my friends, my company-mates, and to server morale.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: We were able to reconnect to the server, but by then the Invasion was lost.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Lag Detected EF Invasion (courtesy of SooDurtyTTV)
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Load game > connect to server > experience lag

When lag kicks you from OPR, you might not be able to reconnect (possibly leaving your team and party less a player) and end up with a timeout for OPR. When lag kicks you from Expeditions, you have a chance to lose the orb. When lag kicks everyone in an invasion, the invasion is lost. The lag is non-discriminatory and frustrating a lot of players.

Can’t see numbers anymore, but there’s no doubt they’re going down. Continuing to have interest in playing this game, and seeing the possibilities is greatly overshadowed by this lag issue. I hope the servers will be upgraded. Also, we would greatly appreciate reparations for our lost invasion. :slight_smile:

Separate thread with more accounts on this specific lag instance: Lag Detected During Invasion Causing a loss

1 Like
  • Qual è il nome del tuo personaggio in New World: fra1927

• Su quale server/mondo hai riscontrato il tuo problema: asgard

• Descrivi il problema che stai riscontrando: LAG DETECTED

• Si tratta di un bug o di un exploit: bug

• (se un bug) In che modo il problema ha influito sul tuo gameplay: I enter the game and I immediately get the written delay detected and I can not do anything more

• (se un bug) Sei riuscito a recuperare dal problema: yesterday I unlocked, but today as soon as I logged back into the game he had cncelled everything I did yesterday and brought back to the place where I was

• (se un bug) Includi uno screenshot o un video del problema che hai riscontrato:

• Quali sono i passaggi per riprodurre il problema come hai riscontrato: come into play

2 Likes
  • Jaka jest twoja nazwa postaci w New World: amolcia
  • Na jakim serwerze/świecie napotkałeś swój problem: Bran
  • Opisz napotkany problem: Nie mogę wykuć laski azotowej przy ołtarzu. Podchodzę do niego jak nakazuje misja i nie ma żadnej interakcji przez co nie mogę wykonywać ekspedycji innych misji z azotową laską oraz portali. Zgłaszałam to Wam już wielokrotnie i trwa to 2 miesiące a Wy nic z tym nie robicie!
  • Czy to błąd, czy exploit: błąd
  • (jeśli błąd) W jaki sposób problem wpłynął na rozgrywkę: Nie mogę robić żadnych misji z azotową laską związanych oraz ekspedycji czy portali
  • (jeśli wystąpił błąd) Czy udało się rozwiązać problem: Nie rozwiązujecie tego tematu ani nie mam żadnej odpowiedzi od Was od ponad 2 miesięcy no ile można czekać?!
  • (w przypadku błędu) Dołącz zrzut ekranu lub film przedstawiający napotkany problem: nie mam
  • Jakie są kroki, aby odtworzyć napotkany problem: nie wiem

Here is post describing bug that some people are experiencing:

• What is your character name in New World: Randomstache
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ryugu-Jo
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Died upon logging in when in Ebonscale settlement
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: loss of gold from having to repair
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • What is your character name in New World: Vanessza
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Aquila
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot join invasion / multiple signup bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: We constantly loosing town upgrades bc we cannot play as an organised cross-faction defense team, and its terrible experience
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Join invasion rooster then wait… next day you can sign up again instead of just view rooster. After this you get the error message below and not get removed from the rooster, you got invites constantly but same error happens.