[Megathread] New World 1.3.4 Update Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the New World 1.3.4 Update. We will update the list below when we see new issues appear.

You can find our Known Issues list for January here and the Update 1.3.4 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

2 Likes

Weapon swap still bugged if you get staggered or rooted
In root still can not switch weapon, use potions and skills
Skills and basic attacks still can be stopped by enemy attacks (close and ranged…)
Looks like last patch has no effect on this

5 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: cattboy pvp
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: lagado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Rubberbanding and De-sync using Sword & Great Axe. Missing attacks, enemy target position not correct, warping around causing miss hits and unable to follow target
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: You cannot play the game properly, enemy targets warp all over the screen
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Patch 1.3.4 Desync & Rubberband - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Play Outpost rush match, server rubberbands frequently

(Still processing)

9 Likes

Name: Maexwaell
Server: Styx
Issue: Explained here: Musket Bug: MUSKET BUG - Shots MISSING - #3 by Maexwaell
It is a Bug!
-Effect on Gameplay: Shots going through target and shots missing, as it can be seen in the video from 2 perspectives, which should already be sent (long time ago) to the team according to devs response. But no fix yet.
Recover? - NO
Video in the link above.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Northbound

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orun

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Each time I log in, a number of my quests are repinned, even though they were unpinned when I logged out. It appears that these are not the 6 most recently gained quests that are being pinned, the specific six vary each log in (note the Starstone Expedition quest in the screenshot list). I tried setting all the categories to not autopin, it makes no difference to the outcome.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It is a QOL issue, having to unpin them each time I log in.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Log out, log back in.

4 Likes

@Luxendra READ THIS. This is very important.

I only clicked 1 time my mouse on this video. It is in 1.3.4 patch. (9th March).

The patch 1.3.4 h was supossed to fix the “queue” problem. But it wasn’t fixed.

It is now better, but you only “patched” this issue when you swap weapon.

Why you devs didn’t read my post and my explanation? the bug is still here after the patch. Please, read this.

EXPLANATION HERE:
If you do a firecamp and click only one time your mouse to place the firecampe, you will see that you will shoot a bullet too if you are wielding a musket. (Or if you are wielding a rapier you will do a light attack).

I only clicked 1 time my mouse. It is in 1.3.4 patch. (9th March).

This problem is similar to what happen when you press the key to drink an item that hasn’t cooldown, like “incense”. If you try to eat the incense pressing a key, you have to be very fast touching the key, because every frame the game check if you are pressing the key, so if you press the key for about 5 fps, it will eat 5 incense.

All actions invoked by a “key is being pressed at this moment” must be change to “key has just pressed down”. In New World’s engine it should be something similar to: Input.KeyDown .

Now with the 1.3.4 it lookts like you reset the queue when you swap the weapon. It fixed that you doesn’t do abilities that you dont want when you change the weapon, but it didn’t fix the main problem of that.

The game is still queuing inputs!

I repeat: Try it, it is easy. Place a firecamp with a musket. I will shoot a bullet with only 1 click.

You need to do 2 thing to fix this problem:

1- Remove the new queue COMPLETELY (not only reset when changing weapon) Why if i clicked to do the firecamp, my musket shooted? because the game queued more than one left clicks. I repeat, the game shouldn’t queue inputs.

2- Why the game queued more than 1 input when i only clicked 1 time? Because you have to remove the “key is being pressed at this moment” and add KeyPressedDown. In you do that, u will only drink 1 incense, because you only clicked one time. And you wont shoot the bullet after place a camp.

@Kay @Chardis @Maselbart @Delakron @Snaccident @TrevzorFTW

But i have good news. In March PTR it always worked good! So please, whatever you did on the march PTR about the queue, release it on live. Remember, release the queue system that is now on the PTR instead of this 1.3.4 update.

Live 1.3.4 NewWorldBug
March PTR New World MarchPTR

//////

Update 2:

The queue is still queing after being CC. I have just cast riposted, i was CC, and after 3 seconds of CC my character casted riposte…

Update 3:
Video compilation thread of all combat related issues in this new 1.3.4 patch:

@Willard

9 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Noir Blanc
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Utopia
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Hammer fury when critical do not give the enpower buff
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: when critical do not give the enpower buff
    [/quote]
1 Like

1: Combat is still not fixed / missing mobs / double hitting mobs/ going behind mobs
2: Desync with mobs still not fixed / wierd attack animations
2: Loading to houses still not fixed
3: Charge and lunge skills still rubber banding or glitching (some times I can do a Skill 3 x before it goes off CD)
4: Mining/Logging Efficiency STILL not fixed

maybe cancel marches update and fix all the issues you were to fix in feburary before you introduce more bugs/dupes/issues>?

2 Likes

the combat is worse than it was before. I barely noticed it before the patch. it’s unplayable now. I am a pve player. I constantly have a stuttering character that seems to take more dmg than should be taken. attacks miss that shouldn’t. there is rubber banding and weird animations and npcs skipping all over the place. my char just stutters instead of doing the attack i am trying to do resulting in no dmg. it’s weird, bad and unplayable.

2 Likes

I bought an orb yesterday before patch. This is what I have now.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Grapest
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: N/A
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Game crashes every time during startup
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can’t play
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Start the game

Edit: I wanted to add some additional information for this. Before the update my game would randomly act as if I were tabbed out on startup, and everything would freeze. When I actually tabbed out the video for the game would play like normal. If I went back into the game it froze again. I could still do things in game the would reflect when I would tab out again. Restarting the game would fix the issue, but it could take several tries. After the Feb update this changed from everything freezing to the game completely crashing. It would take be upwards of 20 attempts to get the game to actually run at times. Now after the March Nvidia update it is back to freezing. So at least it is running. Still takes me a few tries of restarting the game to be able to play though.

Bro did you not read the patch notes?

“These changes will not affect orbs that are currently in cooldown from a recent purchase. However, all future purchases will reflect the new, shorter cooldown.”

1 Like

This is from the patch notes: “Fixed an issue where attempting to use an ability and then swapping weapons would incorrectly attempt to use the ability on the new weapon that shared the same hotkey.”

This has NOT been fixed. I just tested it using a sword and a warhammer. If I tap shield bash a couple times and then quickly swap to warhammer, wrecking ball (which is in the same hotkey slot) will then be used. Please, PLEASE hot fix this. I am worried that now that you think it’s fixed, but it’s not, that it will be forgotten about. Can you at least add it to known bugs so it can continued to be looked at? Thank you.

I failed reading 101 :frowning:

Teach me to do real-life stuff and not read it beforehand:frowning:

Oh well, shit happens.

• What is your character name in New World: Forad
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Camelot
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Combat bugs
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Skills randomly Firing off, Player jittering, skills not going off, players teleporting.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO, this issue has made me punch holes through my wall and I will never financially recover from this
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:New World Game of Polish 2.0 Amazon - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: You double tap skills and weapon swap quickly.
  • What is your character name in New World: Calic
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: in OPR; if a Tier 1 Command Post is destroyed to where it needs repaired, after the repair is completed you can no longer upgrade it beyond Tier 1.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: can’t upgrade the post remainder of the OPR
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: didn’t grab one
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: listed above
  • What is your character name in New World: Count Chaos
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pluto
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: worst desynce I have seen so far; the latest patch has WORSENED my combat experience, not improved it
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: severely hampers enjoyment of PvP content
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: didn’t grab one
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: listed above
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Tbav92
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Died in opr, screen just sit on dead body while i can freelook… cant spawn back in. get kicked for being afk
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: couldnt play with company, 1 hour ban for being kicked
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: didnt take screenshot, didnt want to blow up the game
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: die and not be able to play the game

it used to be holstering your weapon would allow you to run thru a hoard of enemies pinning you down. this is no longer reliably working. they are ruffians who will have their way with you now. i’ve died too often to this today. it’s not fun.