[Megathread] New World Heart of Madness Update Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the Heart of Madness Update. We will update the list below when we see new issues appear.

Reported Bugs:

• Storage did not increase
    Workaround: Remove all of the chests, leave the house, then put them back down again
  • The Indigo Flame drop has the wrong icon
  • Gypsum orbs and Tuning Orbs have a long cooldown - resolved.
  • Neishutan may bug out if a player disconnects
  • The top part of the map may be greyed out
  • Quest Reward containers from Isabella quests do not reward players with appropriate gear
  • Some Blunderbusses are appearing in “Musket” section in Trading Post
  • Achievements are treated as new every time you log in or teleport

You can find our Known Issues list for the Heart of Madness Update here and the Heart of Madness Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

4 Likes

Storagechest still have old storage value.

6 Likes
    BrewBelliedBear
    Rivadeneyra
    Achievement progress incorrectly tracked in summary section.
    Bug
    Meh.
    Yes?
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What is your character name in New World: Cayz
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena

Right click does nothing anymore in the inventory screen.
The UI overlays important information when you select an equipped item

Storage chests don’t properly give housing score

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

Inventory feels weird having to left click when I’m used to right clicking.

The menus (when you “click” an equipped item for example show BEHIND the UI) Ill provide a screenshot.

You have to replace all your storage chests to get the bonus space, but placing the same type of chests with a green outline, only the first chest of that type will give +14. Placing the other 3 chests either give 0 points or negative points.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

The UI is overlapping poorly.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Click an item you have equipped

Noticed this missing description when picking up my PvE faction quests from the Covenant Vendor in Reekwater!

Reek - Faction - Cov

2 Likes

Noticed this time mismatch when trying to purchase an (off-cooldown) gypsum orb from the Covenant Faction Vendor in Reekwater.

14 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: KJohnBoom
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: ORUN
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Polished Marble Storage Chest is Incorrectly Reporting it’s storage weight. (650lbs instead of 1050lbs)
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Town Storage is less then was promised
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Bug applied with New Patch

4 Likes
    BrewBelliedBear
    Rivadeneyra
    The Indigo Flame Twitch skin has the wrong icon.
    Bug
    Meh.
    Yes?

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Susan ivanova
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot purchase gypsum orb from faction vendor
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Kinda hampers expertise/GS progression
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Attached
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: N/A

My timer for orb purchase should have reset during maintenance. It is giving me a slightly longer timeframe now.

3 Likes

*What is your character name in New World: JJG4M3R
*What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil, US West
*Describe the issue you are experiencing: Mutated orb has a 100+ year cooldown
*Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
*How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can no longer purchase mutated orbs.
*Were you able to recover from the issue: No, I will be dead by the time the cooldown is up.
*Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

*What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: No clue

4 Likes
    What is your character name in New World: ImBoltz
    What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
    Describe the issue you are experiencing: Mutator Orbs have 1 million + hour cooldowns
    Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
    (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I only do mutators and I can no longer buy my orbs
    (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
    (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: 
    What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Had an orb on cooldown and looked to see if it updated or not and it was excessively long
2 Likes
    BrewBelliedBear
    Rivadeneyra
    A northern section of the map doesn’t load properly unless zoomed in on.
    Bug
    Meh.
    Yes?

4 Likes

Still no bonus when crafting alkahest, despite it being in the patch notes as fixed.

6 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: TrashPandaJuan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Camelot
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Players are still using the tent to block Orichalcum spawns, in their favor. They are able to remove the tent when no one is around and then farm the instantly spawning orichalcum.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Both bug and exploit
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to farm nodes as well as the toxic players camping the nodes.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, moved on to another node with much less Orichalcum and foot traffic.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Place tent at the corner of an Orichalcum node. Run away and do other things for 25-30 minutes. Come back and examine the area for players. Remove tent. Instant spawning orichalcum nodes. Replace tent after farming. Rinse. Repeat.

I haven’t seen this in any notes, but this is an urgent issue, which I think most people could agree is glitching, exploiting, and a bug all at its finest. The most farmed, and needed material in the game, where there are only smidge of nodes compared to the others in the game. Even some insight into this. I have reported the players who do this for griefing, and glitching yet they still remain the same people doing it.

Thanks for your hard work!

7 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: isBlue
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Desyncs
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It’s disorienting and can also cause deaths.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: https://streamable.com/lt7zqe

First, let me start by saying that HoM feels a lot better in terms of desync in PvP. I ran into many showers, and didn’t experience any desync with spear/rapier from my 1 hour of OPR. Hopefully this is for real, and they are fixed.

However, there are still a few issues. In the video above, I had two encounters of desync.

The first clip I rolled, and even used up STA, but my character did not move. It did the rolling animation, again I used stamina, and my character even appeared to move, but then I moved right back to where I was originally just to die in a root.

In the second clip, I cast Skewer but got staggered as I cast it. My character did the skewer lunge, but then i bounced back and the ability got canceled. The animation being as it is can be very disorienting when getting staggered mid-cast. If my skewer is going to cast and lunge me, it should be fast enough to hit the target instead of rubberbanding me back in place in the case of an interrupt or stagger.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Mordhan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Warhammer disappears like the spear in the known issues list. Sometimes after using an ability, the Warhammer disappears visually but still does damage.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: visual issue only
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Relog fixed it visually
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Only noticed it while fighting mobs, will update with repro steps if possible

What is your character name in New World:

• Sithera/Wibblzz

What server/world did you experience your issue on:

• All worlds

Describe the issue you are experiencing:

There’s several.

• Ice Tombe blocking/nullifying healer abilities
  • beacons bouncing off enemies too close to you
  • sacred ground (and other AOEs) being displaced by maelstrom
  • using middle-mouse to manually place sacred ground when group targeting is turned on will break and auto-target whoever you last targeted instead of where you’re aiming
  • the targeting system for healing is sometimes inaccurate to where you’re aiming and it targets people off-screen
  • oblivion nullifies all healing from sacred ground/beacons when placed on top of them and essentially erases them
  • light/heavy attacks with lifestaff halt mana recovery meaning you never recover mana and thus all mana recovery perks and buffs (including the 300focus buff) is completely redundant

… plus more things that are not considered bugs but make healing feel terrible

Is this a bug or an exploit:

• Bugs

(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:

• abilities being rendered useless outside of your control, and your allies (or you) dying because of it

(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:

• No.

(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• Please refer to the attached post which includes all videos and fixes inside.

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

• Full documented healing bugs/balance issues here with reproduction steps, examples, and solutions:

I am persistent because I love this game and want this to be fixed. I’ve waited 2000hrs of playing for them to be addressed, but every patch it gets ignored. Please fix them and add them to the known issues, thank you.

1 Like
    What is your character name in New World: Fairuza
    What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
    Describe the issue you are experiencing:  Cannot respawn in OPR
    Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
    (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:  Cannot respawn, and if I log out, I get the lockout timer
    (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Not without penalty

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

Died on first push in OPR in middle fort. Could not respawn

And now…

Each time I login I get prompted that I have 79 damn achievements that scroll my screen for 5 damn minutes.

Other people in my company get same thing.

2 Likes