[Megathread] New World January Monthly Update Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the January Monthly Update. We will update the list below when we see new issues appear.

You can find our Known Issues list for January here and the January Monthly Update Feedback Megathread here.

Newly Reported Bugs:
Chat and trading post needing 72 hours+ - fixed
Fishing bait not being consumed upon use

If the bug you are experiencing is not listed here, please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: literally everyone is having this bug
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: every world
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: you guys yet again messed up and we are all not 72 hours old
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: no one can trade talk or even gather to do the new stuff… slow golf clap
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
11 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Arjylu
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Atlantis
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Crafting station doesnt count the itens in warehouse to craft… only at bag
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Thats the question, is this a bug or a game change?
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Well it makes me fell like im playing a beta version of the game
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No,
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Open the game.
22 Likes

all chats with exception of Help and Company not working for anyone

3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: blackbrair
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: dominora
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The items in my storage shed aren’t able to be used to craft items at stations.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Must be a bug, no way its a feature because I don’t think we did anything to deserve this.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Well, I said screw this and closed the game.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Go try crafting something you have all the materials for in your local storage shed, you need to have the items on you now.
17 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Jake0bbe
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Frislandia
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unable to chat anywhere except Company Chat, unable to see any other chat. “Your account must be more than 72 hours old or in game for more than 3 hours”.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to communicate at all with others.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Tried relogging, no fix.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: I3reeze
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Midgard
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Fishing bait not being consumed, and removes itself off the hook after a catch.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Might be like infinity bait or no bait being used, not sure
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

Equip bait, cast line, hook fish, reel in and catch

8 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Pink Popo

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Eldorado/US West

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    After the JAN patch, ‘Hunt Alligator’ during Town quest cannot proceed.
    I’ve killed and skinned a lot of alligators, but it doesn’t count at all, and I can’t complete the quest.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: can compelete quest.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I can’t

We didn’t recieve a Expertise bump even tho we farmed our 600GS items prior to the update.
I’ve explained it in forum post below and would like to recieve some feedback if this is intended design.
My company farmed a lot to get to that 600GS point and I’m sure there are others taht would like this to be answered.

OG Post: Where's our 600 Expertise?

Where do you hunt the alligators? I had that a few days ago that all alligators in Cutlass keys don’t count (redstriped ones I think) towards the TB quest.

• What is your character name in New World: BaconBowtie
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Frislandia
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Constant game crashes
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: See issue
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: close .exe and reboot
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Happened while crafting and also while just walking outside town.
3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Cyphered

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pluto

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Some materials farmed before AND after update are not stacking

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Materials not stacking?

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Why is this even a question…

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: **I had materials already in my bags, went out today to gather some motes while no one is online (mostly bots… Sigh) upon attempting to store them I noticed they didn’t stack with mats I already had prior **

5 Likes

Fujiprostreet
*Valhalla
*crashing repeately, mostly after p2p trades
*bug

• (cant play

• no ongoing

• load the game, trade and crash, verified drivers, verified files

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Darth Tragix
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena (US East)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Ring Of the Forger’s Signet was removed from game. I logged out last night with it equipped, and logging in today it has disappeared
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: my primary ring, which was a drop, is gone
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I can’t screenshot something that isn’t there.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: This ring had a broken text name (@RingT5_TheRingoftheForgersSignet_MasterName), I suspect the removal was an attempt to fix the name. However, now the ring is completely gone. Not in inventory, nor storage.

I’m not the only one experiencing this, either. Full thread here: Ring of the Forger's Signet removed from game - #3 by Diego5

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: CallMeFord
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valgrind
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Some materials farmed before AND after update are not stacking
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Materials not stacking?

Testing Notes Recorded in following thread:

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: FrizB
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pleroma
  • Describe the issues you are experiencing:
  1. Sorting on the Trading post has frozen my game to where I needed to ALT+F4 3 times within the first 10 minutes of being online.
  2. One of those times I had to close my game again because my character wouldn’t load on the character screen.
  3. You can’t start town board projects.
  4. You can’t withdraw money from the company treasury.
  5. Trying to make a purchase on the trading post froze my game to where I had to ALT+F4.
  6. Storage says it is full even if it isn’t.
  7. Increase the 500 item limit per storage by A LOT please. PLEASE. Why do we even try to get weight limits if they don’t matter? It felt better when I couldn’t see it. I hated you for putting an invisible limit on the storage, but now I hate it even more than I can see the limit and that I’m ALWAYS at it. I hate that I have to go through and mouseover each and every friggin craft mod and crafting material to ask myself if it is good enough to keep in my storage just because I constantly stay at the upper limit.
  8. Can’t talk in global even though I have over 1100 hours played.
  9. You can’t craft with items from storage.
3 Likes

LordLoud from Cael sidi
All the above Bugs + i noticed we have to decorate about 245 Flouwers in our houses that are not nor to the Bank and not our invantory and maybe this is why our Storages are full all the time because we have 245 flowers in Every Settlement!!! and btw you cant Destroy not do anything with those Flowers because there are only on decoration menu.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Gianna Nori
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Mag Mell
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Storage shows full, but obviously is not full (see pic)
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: misleading, but still works, I can move items in. The more problematic issue has been reported and that is you have to have all mats on you to craft as it no longer will use items from your storage. Definitely a step back.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: not sure how to respond to this
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: open your storage shed

6 Likes

Don’t know if this was listed in the known issues thread (TL;DR) which is sad that the list was that long at the precise point you released the patch but that is a different tale. Here is a photo of orichalcum ore not stacking.

1 Like