[Megathread] New World January Monthly Update Bug Reporting

• What is your character name in New World: ACEkombatkiwi
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Celadon
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Missing Ring (@RingT5_TheRingoftheForgersSignet_MasterName)
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I’m down 24 int plus perks
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: cant screen shot what isn’t there.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Open my inventory.
  • What is your character name in New World: Aniylop
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Niflheim
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I have the quest item but the quest still wants me to retrieve it
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: reward cant be received, requires me to replay a quest
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

quest

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: it happened after the update when esbenita gomez was missing and when the quest couldnt be completed

What is your character name in New World: Ragnar Smida
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nidavellir

Same problem.

• What is your character name in New World: Apmauj
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Irkalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The lion on Skysong at Ebonscale has too many HP.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It takes like 10 min for 2 players to kill a lion.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    I was passing by and saw a lvl 56/58 player and decided to help him, I’m 60 and have a 592 GS, we needed like 10 minutes to kill the animal, BUT:
    A) the lion reset very easily if like 20m away from it’s place, I believe that happened like 3-4 times.
    B) the lion “collapsed” because jumped and got trapped on the jail behind him and couldn’t jump back out, so we lost 10 minutes because the mission cannot be completed because of that.
    C) I was on PVP and the other guy on PVE, the lion killed me so the other guy couln’t save me, the poor guy will never do that quest alone.
    This is like when NPC’s at Skorpius was broken.

• What is your character name in New World: Horrlockz
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: YS
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Using the musket ability Sticky Bomb causes your character to be stuck in an animation. It takes about 2.5 seconds after throwing the bomb to be able to do anything else. This is not like it was before.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: A bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It is incredibly frustrating.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Using the ability Sticky Bomb

+1

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Camelot
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: In addition to re-baiting after each cast, new bait from post patch crates stays baited; 3/3 reward didn’t show up (didn’t realize that had already been reported, so verified); what’s more interesting is when I catch fish/chests (haven’t confirmed which fish time of day with what perks, etc) but I actually GAIN more bait. Since we’re on the topic, just want to confirm fish catch count achievements are working as intended - we get credit for fish, but not treasure chests - so if you’ve got more luck in your kit you get more chests which actually slows down your achievement progress
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: the re-baiting between each cast is a bit too realistic :-), not getting the 3/3 aptitude reward is a killer (will those be retroactively delivered or should we stop fishing until fixed?)
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: able to do something beside fish, yes
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: go fish
  • What is your character name in New World: Dariiamn
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Olympus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I am unable to purchase a house in windsward, I abandoned (since you can’t sell but that’s apparently a design feature) my house in brightwood so I could buy one in Windsward because they have the engineering buff I so desperately need.

However, it’s telling me i purchased but not removing the funds, and not granting me actual ownership even though it confirmed i purchased

(those pictures were taken one after the other) i’ve tried 8 times, and it hasn’t worked even once. I’m not sure what to do.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I cannot craft 595-600 engineering items until I have a house in windsward. also, I no longer have 3 houses so I cannot use all my trophies, I don’t have 3 teleports. not having 3 houses is a pain.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Well I’m missing out on 5 trophies, and the ability to craft what I need but most likely yes.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: abandon a house in X location and attempt to purchase one in Y.

Did some more fishing/testing and the trend appears to be when you equip bait (old, pre-patch), cast, catch a treasure chest (rather than a fish) and reel in the treasure chest you gain +1 of the bait you equipped, a treasure chest and 0 incremental count toward your fishing catch achievement; occurs in both fresh and salt water

• What is your character name in New World: Fane Sithandir
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nidavellir
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Asmodeum crafting cooldown reset after patch and is locked, so I can’t craft asmodeum for two days.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t craft asmodeum
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Still can’t craft asmodeum
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Log in and go to crafting station and see if cooldown has expired.

*Chekmate

• Ohonoo
  • “Storage is full” message appears even thought less than half of weight capacity in use.
  • Bug?
  • Crafting does not pull from storage. Cannot place any more items into storage.
  • Still receiving “Storage is full” warning even after selling off high number of items. Perhaps this could be avoided if we were given an item counter rather than just a weight count.
  • Can provide screen shot if needed.
1 Like

Seems to be a resources issue. If I place all of the mats from storage into my character’s carried inventory then I can craft Asmodeum. I used to be able to craft if the mats were in storage, but not any more. Now it has to be on my character in order to craft asmodeum. However, now my storage shed says it’s full when it is not.

1 Like

Same issue on Caer Sidi.

Same Problem, I have all my items in my town storage. I can NOT craft unless I bring everything to my person.

Another similar issue that is going on is the same for housing furniture. You can NOT place any furniture unless it is on your person not in your storage.

Did some more fishing and the ‘+1 of the bait equipped’ is intermittent and not always tied to a treasure chest, I had at least one example of getting +1 of the bait equipped after landing a fish rather than a treasure chest. All testing has been done at a Hot Spot location.

• What is your character name in New World: Matute16

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Irkalla

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: all city storage is full, but is not.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: can’t craft in stations

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: open any storage

Midkemma

Hades

Materials prior to update not stacking or working from storage for crafting.
New materials work as intended.
Old materials and new materials do not stack.

• Pics:
    471 Silk thread + 2nd stack of 4 silk thread
    When crafting then only the ‘new’ silk thread is shown from storage.

Bug

QoL failure for mass crafting.

Looks like all the bugs I’ve encountered have been reported. I’ll be honest, this is probably it for me. I’ve endured all these patches - bugs happen, but major, gamebreaking bugs that effect some of the most important systems to play the game, happening after every single patch is just absurd. It makes AGS looks grossly incompetent and out of their depth - each patch I hope they will show they have improved upon this process, and put out work professionals would be proud of. Instead we get broken storage, in a game where storage management is half the game at level 60. This is the third patch in a row where the one project I was working on gets broken by a patch - I have thousands and thousands of rugged leather in my storages I’d like to refine that I farmed before the patch. Fuck me, I guess.

Maybe I’ll log in after the next patch to see if anything has improved. This is such an embarrassment.

2 Likes

What is your character name in New World: Kallen Stadtfeld
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Aephiornis
Describe the issue you are experiencing:During the mutation, the Multiplier of “timer compleate” goes DOWN when the timer hit 30:00
Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Mutation har more hald to reach gold
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: -
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:-
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
Ive done some mutation with friend, and we notice that the multplier goes DOWN by 1 when the timer hit the 30:00 when the Step Fail as the time reach 35:00

following. If this is an intended change then it sucks :frowning: