[Megathread] New World Update 1.4.1 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the Update 1.4.1.

You can find our Known Issues list for the Heart of Madness Update here and the Update 1.4.1 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

Steetoh
    Camelot (US WEST)
    Temestuous chests still only giving a gypsum orb after fix to the previous gear. The Tempest heart repeatable quest should give us the chance to get the original 6 chests again as I was given gear only at 500 GS level so I salvaged it all. There is no way for me to get the chests again after the fix for my expertise level (all 625 with armor)…
    BUG
    Very negatively as I will never be able to receive those rewards as a usable set of gear if I don’t get the chance to get them again.
    Nope, and sadly this may be the last straw. I really wanted those sets to play with but not at 500 GS when I am 1000+ hours in and should have received something usable but it’s all gone.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    No need, self explanatory.
    Complete the tempestuous chests 6x times before the patch, open the chests, get rekt. Too late to go back and un-open them.
1 Like
    Elc Antares
    Tartarus
    Despite the patchnotes the achievements are still empty at every start of the game like described here for months. No changes at all from the patch.
    BUG
    You have to relog everytime you start the game for up to 30 minutes to reactivate the databanks behind the achievements.
    No. I had this bug every day since starting to play the game in closed beta.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Start the game from steam or desktop.
1 Like

I and apparently everyone else who is interested are unable to find the supposed new solo quest to bypass the need to do the “Dynasty shipyards expedition”. There was supposed to be a quest for this added in the last big update. But, it must be missing or hidden pretty well.

What is your character name in New World: Ribeirin
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Before patch 1.4.1 (05/04/22), every 5~6 rabbits dead the drop of Sumptuous Rabbit is 2~3 (when i use set full skinning luck + amulet, 3 trophy tier 4 [max], food skinning luck tier 5 and pvp on). Today, after patch i killed 171 rabbits and just drop 21 Sumptuous Rabbit. Maybe the skinning luck is has broken or something like that.

Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
How did the issue effect your gameplay: Farm of Sumptuous Rabbit is broken
Were you able to recover from the issue: No
Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: https://imgur.com/ewNX35p.png
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just equip everything is possible and skinning.

• What is your character name in New World: Chastour

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: When I see another player on the screen the players graphics get huge and distorted blocking most of what I can see. Happens a lot on chest runs. Trying to follow behind other players with this graphic in the way makes it impossible to see where I am going.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can’t see where I am going. Makes it easy to see other players from very far away.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Included

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: It happens if I am around any other player. It kinda looks like the players cloak graphics are going crazy. Very frustrating.

• What is your character name in New World: Valharel

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Brittia

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Glitch Neishatun and Isabella in Tempest’s Heart dungeon

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Guess both (?)

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: very boring dungeon since everyone want to skip those 2 boss, imo the most fun till now

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes, but people always chose the easy way

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: in Neishatun arena there is a small ledge on the leftside, if everyone lay there Neishatun glitch out and become an immobile pounching bag, same with Isabella but with a scalable rock on the right side of the arena

What is your character name in New World:
Minione

What server/world did you experience your issue on:
Castle of Steel

Describe the issue you are experiencing:
Prior to patch, if you pressed E when viewing storage you would receive a warning message asking if you really wanted to remove all items. This warning message is no longer there and if you accidentally press E (like when trying to salvage something) you automatically pull all inventory from storage.

Is this a bug or an exploit:
Bug or broken feature

(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
Accidentally moved my entire weapons and armor storage to my inventory after running multiple dungeons. Lost more than an hour re-sorting everything.

(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
Sure, but this feature (e to remove inventory) is mostly useless - and even if you want to keep it in then remap it to a key that isn’t used for other common activities.

nah

press e when viewing inventory. the warning message is no longer present. be overwhelmed with the amount of stuff you are now carrying and waste hours of time getting it put back properly.

• What is your character name in New World: BigZach

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pyrallis

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: The game is not recognizing some settlements or outposts as sanctuaries and I am unable to unflag from PVP or teleport out of them. So far this has happened to me in Reekwater and Eastburn. Exiting to the main menu didn’t help, but existing to desktop and re-launching the game seems to have fixed it for me.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to fast travel out of a settlement/outpost or change my PVP status

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, by existing to desktop and re-launching the game

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Try to fast travel out of Reekwater or Eastburn, or remove your PVP flag once flagged in Eastburn

• What is your character name in New World: damonalbarn
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Vault kick not doing elemental damage
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: only tested amber gem. only tested 3 abilities/autoattacks (skewer/perforate). vault kick only doing base thrust damage and no nature damage from amber.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no fix that i’ve found
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: computer can’t run a capture program and the game.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: using vault kick.
  • What is your character name in New World: damonalbarn
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: shirking nature doesn’t increase nature damage. tested t2 and t5 gems, both base thrust value and nature % from gem stay the same after successfully triggering shirking nature.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: perks not working for combat
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no fix that i’ve found
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: computer can’t run a capture program and the game.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: testing same gs spears 598, one with shirking nature, one without. dodge performed on cougar next to ironwood at blighted shrine in edengrove. also, pretty sure this has been reported, but i’m getting about 5% more damage from a t2 gem in a weapon as opposed to a t5 gem.
  • What is your character name in New World: Nold
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Topaz Gypsum Attunement Potion used, and did not apply effect
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: lost mats for potion, and no topaz gypsum today
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: nope, stuck on cooldown

What is your character name in New World: Shamanu
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Caer Sidi
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot gather more then 3 herbs straight after each other.
Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: If i dont pause after gathering 3 herbs, the herbs disappear but i get no loot from them.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: pause gathering after 3 herbs
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: You gather more than 3 herbs straight after each other.

MoonRayn

Ohonoo

Random bug issues throughout gameplay. Latest one: Fish Reagents: Catch and Salvage Hooked Squid and Barbed Catfish. As soon as I caught both, go to inventory, items not there. So in game it shows I’ve caught it, but I cannot salvage because it’s not there. BTW, squid was cute.

BUG

Can’t progress

No

2022-04-09 (2)

Go fish, catch item, have it sucked into the ether :frowning:

I must not forget to mention the numerous times I’ve had to Alt+F4 out of the game, because unstuck doesn’t work, or I’ve used it and can’t use it again due to cooldown. Fishing sometimes doesn’t show a line or a prompt at all, can’t recast, Alt+F4.

I’ve had so many bugs, if I reported every one, I’d not be playing the game. I LOVE this game, but it’s making it hard.

** Any news on this? This is the second main quest bug I’ve reported, and I cannot progress on either of them.

What is your character name in New World: Yundi Lorvand

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Paths Unseen (Defend Against Marooned Pirates) quest in Reekwater is broken. The Ancient Rubble is missing. Unable to start the fight.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to complete the quest.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: The Ancient Rubble is missing. Unable to start the fight.
  • Sean0

• Zuvendis

• Graphical/UI bug with faction quests

• Purely cosmetic, doesn’t affect accepting or completing the quest

• This occurs whenever there is a corruption faction mission
  • What is your character name in New World: Noir Blanc
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Utopia
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: My character keep use light and heavy atk non stop
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I CANT PLAY THE GAME
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: NO IDEA
  • Character Name iLegalYeeTTV
  • Issue that occurred. I do not know if this happens in wars. But in OPR, musket burn kills do not count. If the enemy dies out of a tick of burn it does not give u the kill. The ‘cling’ sound is heard but no kill es added to scoreboard.
  • Time and Date april 11th
  • World/Server PLUTO
  • Location where issue occurred OPR
  • Any steps that can be taken to reproduce the issue Hit somebody with powder shot. if enemy burn out u dont get the kill.
  • Spittzette
  • Orofena
  • Mourningdale townboard standing values not accurate
  • Bug
  • N/A?
  • N/A?
  • Do a townboard mission and get only +250 standing reputation even with all the bonuses and crap. For example, Cooking “Carb Supplies” is 70 Project Points, 4.80 Coins, 627 Standing, 2255 XP. I only get 250 standing. I reported this before.

edit: seems to be a display reward issue? Sometimes I get the full amount of rep, but it still says +250 gained.