[Megathread] New World Update 1.4.2 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the Update 1.4.2.

You can find our Known Issues list for the Heart of Madness Update here and the Update 1.4.2 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

• What is your character name in New World: Loff
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Refreshing Move on Blunderbuss is busted
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug/exploit?
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: 1 shot of a blunderbuss has 6 pellets, and with refreshing move, each pellet will refresh the CDs, making it 100% broken.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Refreshing move on Blunderbuss

Will this be adressed? You are removing Plagues Strikes from the Blackgurads ranged weapons, but this is even more busted. Its not possible to craft with Refreshing Moves on Blunderbuss, because I assume you realized it would be totally broken. But there still is 2 named blunderbusses with Refreshing Move on them, aswell as the faction gun you can buy. Is this intended?

I want to try out Blunderbuss, but right now with this “bug?” its not worth using anything other blunderbuss than one with Refreshing Move because you can literally spam out abilties

• What is your character name in New World: Van Karlosten
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: BRITTIA
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: :Band of Daemon Dusk ring do not drop from boss near Reekwater. Item dropped by named bosses lvl 60-62 drop at 500gs and not following your watermark, so Ever Giving, Band of Daemon Dusk, Signum Phalarae can’t drop correctly and many multiple items.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: REALLY BAD
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Kill bosses for hours with luck set too. drops at 500 while i’m 615-625

This affect Mages class archetype way too much.

• What is your character name in New World: Liil
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Characters who had signed up to war prior to 1.4.2 patch no longer have their Gearscore displayed. People who have signed up since the patch do have their Gearscore listed
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Difficult to see Gearscore for people organising wars that were triggered before the patch.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Same is looking from the map or the Wayboard.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Spittzette
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Food buff on HUD keeps disappearing
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can’t tell if I’m regening mana/health sometimes
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Usually
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Eat food, get into fights, maybe teleport around to trigger the bug. Even if you eat more food, the actual buff won’t appear, but the secondary buff you get (like the 20 second regen, mana regen, etc.) will still show. This bug existed months ago and was fixed in the February update, but was resurrected again after the March update.
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Shrine Maiden dragon laser beam hits twice, also honing after firing
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It hurts and it sucks and I die
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I honestly don’t get this question most of the time, but yeah, I guess a repair bill and a few choice words at my monitor helps me recover
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Shrine Maiden chick with the green orb has an attack that points a laser in the direction she fires, BUT the dragon thing she whips out travels it’s own line. Before the hotfix, you dodged the laser and the dragon effect was a harmless illusion. Now it hits, and hits twice. 5280 + 5280 is displayed shortly before my body crumbles to the ground in defeat and rage. One problem is that when she charges it up, you see the laser, but the projectile dragon thing fires a moment later and goes after the player in a changed direction. I bet this makes Dynasty last boss real fun.
  • What is your character name in New World: ElliskaMM
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Fae
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: the new rabbit foot food is not scaling with lvl. I am lvl 60 and the foot gives you only WHOOPING 0.15% of a luck… I am really glad I came back to see the game still broken af
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: less luck means getting the stupid chest is impossible
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: don’t have any, it is self explanatory… Someone in AGS doesn’t know math
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Open the game, log into the server, kill a rabbit, collect rabbit foot food, eat it and boom, you did it
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: RedRum4
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can’t sign up for Invasion via map. Get message stating I’m in another war at the same time. I am signed up for another invasion however, the times don’t overlap or even next to the same time.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t sign up for invasion from the map.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Workaround is to travel to the settlement and go to the warboard or within that settlement use the map.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Sign up for an invasion from the map. Sign up for another invasion that is at a different time and that is not even close to the other invasion time.
  • What is your character name in New World: Tanzy Dragon
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: the “Shrine Cleansing” quest, the tiger yiu are supposed to kill does not spawn outside of the cage
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cant complete quest
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: n/a
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: begin the shrine cleansing quest, log off without finishing, and return at a later date to finish the quest, tiger does not spawn

PATCH THIS OUT PLEASE. PEOPLE ABUSING IT AGAIN

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Iphora Malak
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Midgard
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: “Shirking Fortification” doesnt work as intended. Whenever you get the buff more than once with the 6s window, it stack, however the timer doesnt reset and goes back to 6s. I am not sure if this is intended, but this leads to dodging and using the perk sometimes being counterproductive, as you would lose the shirking stack you get immediately. I report this as a bug because I don’t think its intended and it makes the perk incredibly weak.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Perks rolled on my armour are less effective than intended.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, not until it is fixed!
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: /
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: 1. Dodge an attack and get a fortify stack 2. When the timer of the fortify stack is low, dodge another attack and have 2x stacks. 3. Watch timer not resetting and double fortify running out almost instantly.
  • What is your character name in New World: Darcik
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bran
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: after killing Corrupted Rabbit for daily Defiled Foot and Diamond Gypsum when i got to bag to collect it and pressing “E” button my client froze and after about 30 seconds i was back on Windows, no error message, no game process working. After logging back and collecting remaining 4 feet and 2 gypsum and killing over 60 more rabbits i can’t get those 2 items i was trying to pick up while crash occured (i’m guessing foot and gypsum that i wasn’t able to drop, no idea if there were a chest or no since client froze before i saw what’s in the bag)
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i’m missing event items
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no

WoundedDGAF
Orun
My friend’s list says it is full but i have less than 30 friends.
I can not add anyone. It says error you have 100 friends.

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Projectiles hitting objects behind camera with back pressed against collider
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It sucks and makes me panic especially when I’m cornered
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Usually, yes
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Not easy to reproduce, but damn this is annoying. Try fighting something out in the woods with your back to a tree or something where the camera struggles to look at your character and ahead at the same time. Fire projectile, it bangs into the tree.
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Enemies too close, projectiles fired go hard up and right
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Missed/Bugged shots means rage
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Sometimes yes
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Let enemy get too close (and by too close, I mean, taste their boogers close), use weapon like lifestaff or void gauntlet and fire (left click) shots at them. Projectiles commonly miss at point blank and shoot far out and away at a jagged angle. I suspect the enemy entity is between the player and point of projectile release, so that tiny gap discrepancy results in the projectile just flying off.

Can reproduce most often using void gauntlet left click than anything else I’ve tried.

Apparently something got corrupted with the latest merge, including me since I can’t sign up to fight in an invasion to kill corrupted. Says I cannot sign up to fight against my own faction.

• What is your character name in New World: Umigame
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos (just merged from Lagado)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, I had to sign up at the townboard, not straight from the map.
  1. Character name: Olfrick
  2. Server: Castle of Steel
  3. Issue: My server merged from City of Brass to Castle of Steel and now my achievement tab is blank and I have no titles.
  4. It is: a Bug
  5. It’s only effecting my titles not sure if it’s affecting me getting achievements since it won’t show me.
  6. I have not be able to recover, I tried checking install and then followed the forums to this page.

• What is your character name in New World: Kaaylee
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Ship-Trap
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: impossible to finish the quest “into the breaches”, i’m locked in an infinite loop were i can’t end the quest.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can’t continue the main quest.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: n/a
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Begin the “into the breaches” quest, purify the 3 sphere and the quest will ask you to repurify the 3 sphere infinitely.
  • What is your character name in New World: Fraya
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pluto
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The thwarting strikes perk is not applying extra damage on the Great Axe charge ability, or the Sword’s heavy attacks and charged heavy attacks with the grit from 300 strength.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It makes the perk on my weapons less effective
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Two charged heavy attacks, both at 300 strength, Everything is identical except one sword has thwarting strikes and the other does not. The damage is the same, showing the perk is not working for this attack. The same happens with the other moves mentioned above.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Equip a Great Axe or Sword with the thwarting strikes perk