[Megathread] New World Update 1.4.2 Bug Reporting

• What is your character name in New World: Nestoria
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I upgraded Spear of Cruel Mage and Blackguard’s Musket to Legendary both of them get the perk Keenly Jagged as their final perk and it doesn’t work I don’t get the bleed when I Crit. I tried some older weapons that I have that have Keenly Jagged as a perk and it works correctly on them.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It is a major part of my Builds
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: ///
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Upgrade Spear of Cruel Mage and Blackguard’s Musket from epic(590-599) to Legendary (600+) to get the Keenly Jagged perk, and do crit hits on NPCs to see if Keenly Jagged procs.

*Update: After a few hours both weapons work correctly, I tried Logging out and back in when I did my test to see if the problem got fixed but it was not. After a few hours, I logged in again and test them again, and now the work they both produce a bleed after a crit as the perk Keenly Jagged states.

I don’t know if there was an intervention from your side. Therefore I am leaving this report here in case there is another bug that makes this perk not work when you upgrade from Epic to Legendary.

• What is your character name in New World: Fraya
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Pluto
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The Refreshing Evasion perk does not apply cooldown reduction on each dodge when dodging quickly in a row. If you double dodge or triple dodge the CDR only applies to the final dodge. Waiting a moment between dodges allows the CDR to apply correctly.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I am slowed down between dodging since I have to wait between them for the perk to apply.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Equip gear with the Refreshing Evasion perk and dodge twice or thrice rapidly while watching your active cooldowns
  • What is your character name in New World: Terra Illumina
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Abaton
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I can’t complete the quest “Reaper’s Locus (Expedition)”.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: The quest wants me to collect a quest item from a mini-boss in the Starstone Expedition, but he isn’t dropping anything.
    I might have missed an opportunity on my first run of the Expedition or the first run since I accepted the quest. (I was lagging behind the group because I died from lasers a bunch of times on my first run, on a later attempt I ignored some of the loot because I was carrying an energy shield.)
  • What is your character name in New World: cattboy pvp
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Rubberbanding and De-sync. Missing attacks, enemy target position not correct, warping around causing miss hits and unable to follow target This issue felt less during patch 1.4, but hotfix 1.4.1 & 1.4.2 has made the issue worse. Also, post merge (Lagado (my home server) merged into Delos and the problem is worse)
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: You cannot play the game properly, enemy targets warp all over the screen
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Desync & Rubberband March Patch 1 4 2 - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Play Outpost rush match, server rubberbands frequently, hits do not register

This is a new video, my last video was on patch 1.3.4 posted in that bug thread

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Astarte Ishtar & Madam Healer both (US-East servers)

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Astarte is Orofena (was forced to transfer there just the other day) and Madam Healer is Castle of Steel

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Astarte does not have any achievements/titles and having same fishing issues at “Haunted Isle” where hotspot doesn’t show and Madam has unlocked and open Gates/Towns but now game is telling me I need to visit them to unlock…even having storage in 2 towns, I cannot gate to them unless I go first and I know I’ve been to these fast travel/gate points and CERTAINLY been to towns where I have items stored in hahahahahahahaha

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: On Madam I lost the ability to gate/fast travel to certain FT points and can’t go to two towns FT’ing, titles doesn’t effect gameplay but it is nice to have PRIDE in certain titles and show them off

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I’ve tried to fix both issues logging into steam running the ‘verifying files’, logged in and out multiple times since bug and everytime I see this
    [/quote]

What is your character name in New World: Zovrox
    What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nysa
    Describe the issue you are experiencing: "Thwarting strike" perk should add 11% damage to all ability with "Grit". But with the Warhammer, the ability "wreking ball" which have Grit, don't benefit from the "Thwarting strike" perk
    Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
    (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I'm doing less damage because "wrecking ball" dont benefit from "Thwarting strike"
    (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
    (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just equip a weapon with thwarting strike and another one without it ; use wrecking ball ; the damage is still the same

Another exploit making Isabella get stuck in the middle of the arena.

I was invited to a group as “DPS FOR LAST BOSS TEMPEST FREE”.

When I got there, while we were still on top of the stairs, one guy jumped to the arena and quickly started the fight (the other four players didn’t enter the arena).

This player (archer), somehow made Isabella get stuck in the middle of the arena, and started using the bow to put her down alone. He/she killed Isabella alone from distance with the bow.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Czaksonowy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Bran
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot finish quest “Grasping at Shadows”
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Annoying, because i can’t finish a quest
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I have no idea

So, i can’t finish this quest. I’ve done everything with quest “In Brightest Light” When I’m trying to reset Grasping at shadows it tells me that “In Brightest Light” is completed and i have to talk to Roland Abbingdon.
Talking with him doesn’t make any difference.

What is your character name in New World: RileyX
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tartarus
Describe the issue you are experiencing: legendary musket drop not working. holding it in one hand and RMB action not working nor are any skills. 
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: weapon not useable
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

this is a screenshot of holding it and using LMB

edit: fixed it by putting the weapon into the storage and back into my inventory.

• What is your character name in New World: handew

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Vega

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Elemental conversion gems should be converting damage to different type but with Firestaff’s Fireball ability you are losing significant amount of the converted damage. The screenshot is taken with 50% convert gem equiped so the bug is easy to see. Damage should be split 50/50 both elements but for some reason the ice damage is only 614 instead of 1697 that it should be. This same bug is there with any tier and any element convert gems.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It makes every elemental conversion gem bad for Firestaff and not usable.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, the bug has been in the game for several months and still not fixed.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Equip any tier (Tier 2,Tier 3, Tier 4 and Tier 5) elemental conversion gem for example Aquamarine or Sapphire and shoot Fireball ability to any target.

• What is your character name in New World: Lord Bob Ros
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Camelot
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: In OPR the kills do not count if someone dies from the powder burn DOT.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Multiple kills a round of OPR do not count
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: get a kill with powder burn Damage over time in OPR and it will not show up on the scoreboard. happens every time for me.
  • What is your character name in New World: RedRum4
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: During invasion, game froze
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t do anything, game is frozen
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, had to force quit, restart game, and log in again
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Join an invasion and game might freeze. Doesn’t happen all the time but occurs sometimes and it’s usually a few players and usually when it happens they are all on the same gate. Happen to me while I was in that back gate, but it’s also happen to me while I was on the front middle gate.
  • What is your character name in New World: habin
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: still can heal outside of zone in ISABELLA Tempest
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: make shit boring
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

A Stock of Ironwood bug

• What is your character name in New World: Rankel
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Caer Sidi and Abaton
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Blunderbuss legendary weapon quest is bugged. Crafted the necessary items for “A stock of Ironwood” but quest did not progress. Tried abandoning quest to restart it but it disappeared and was not available anymore.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Quest broken and unable to progress or restart
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Tried to restart quest
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Legendary Primeval ring of the Nomad is bugged. Has leeching perk but no health is ever returned on doing damage
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Destroys build.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Combat tests with and without the ring shows no difference.
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Location achievment is bugged. Shows as 17 locations (hamlets or outposts) visited but only 16 is counted by game and thus achievment is not earned.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Loss of achievment
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Compared with friends. Some had same problem with same description. Others hade same locations checked but had recieved achievment.

• What is your character name in New World: Allie Devon
• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Utopia
• Describe the issue you are experiencing.

I got up to the first quest associated with the Azoth staff, the part where you assemble it. 
 So I went to the shattered obelisk Adjacent across from the StarStone Gate Shrine. 

When I got inside and fought my way to the end of the room, I interacted with the 
 pedestal by pressing E. The first two attempts met me with a buggy animation that didn't 
 fully play out, on the third attempt however it fully played out and the quest status 
 preceded to update itself.

Little did I know, though, when I got to the NPC to hand in the quest that the Azoth staff 
 didn’t get created despite the fact that when I interacted with the pedestal after three 
 attempts the quest indeed had told me that progress of the quest moved on to the next 
 step.

So now I'm stuck on the following quest in the quest chain where I'm required to have the 
 fully assembled staff to do it, but yet I don't have the fully assembled staff because the 
 previous quest obviously bugged out.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Clearly a bug
• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It effects my ability to progress the rest
of the main story line.
• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:

No I am not able to recover progress. 
 For future reference maybe add a quest abandon feature that drops a quest line so you 
 can back track from potential bugs like this.

Most I can think of outside 
 of following the quest instructions to the letter, is that I did one level below suggested 
 recommended?
  • What is your character name in New World: TopherF
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Vega
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: I have bought 16 blackened lava barb with corn succotash the trading post took my gold now over 15k but I have not received the food and it’s not on the trading post to buy
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:I can’t do mutations without the additional buff from food
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:no I’m not able to do what I want to do in game
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I tried buying 4 more still never got the food and still took my gold!
  • What is your character name in New World: Sakaro
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: not getting both the tier 5 item and motes on the T3 mote nodes
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: losing out on motes
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: none available
  1. Gather a t3 mote node.

Isabella in tempest bug should b fixed on 25 aprial patch.

still can heal from outside boss zone