[Megathread] New World Update 1.4.5 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the 1.4.5 Update.

You can find our Known Issues list for the April Bug and Balance Update here and the Update 1.4.5 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

Look into this. Did the fix even work for grav well?

3 Likes

Rafflebones is not looting a single Ice Gauntlet. In fact checking the database, I have noticed that there is none in Rafflebones loot table.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Veryold

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East Valhalla

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Group hotkey targeting shows always green even when not in range.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: I hope it’s a bug. Can never tell when my targets are in range to heal

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I go to heal and when i select the user via hotkey i set on my mouse, their name highlights green, this should indicate that they’re in range for you ability. When i use the ability while it is still green it tells me the player is out of range.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No it is consistent currently after 5 OPR’s and open world testing.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Every time that i target them it shows green, and when it shows red it just casts infront of myself.

1 Like

My Smelter’s Shoes are missing! They completely disappeared from my account after the update. Please investigate and make good on this! FWIW, I heard another anecdote of someone’s Smelter’s Smock also missing after the most recen update!

Please do something about this or make an announcement ASAP.

keenly perks and speed buff passives after dodge arent working again. Also speed buff after evade (rapier) isnt working

1 Like

Riposte „Counter“-Animation is still completely missing half of the time when triggered in certain scenarios.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: cattboy pvp
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: server desync
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t play properly
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Desync Patch 1.4.5 - YouTube

RECORDED 5/12/22
5:33 pm (AEST)
12:33 am (PST)

I linked it at the timestamp when it’s most apparent, but gave some before it happened if that helps

2 Likes

That’s horrendous.

Same peoblem with desync, Midgard.

2 Likes

Delos is a laggy piece of sh*t, stuff like this never happened on utopia

Character name: Queen’s Fool
Server/World: Maramma
Issue: 2 Mutated keys were consumed trying to open the mutation. the dungeon auto closed after a few seconds of no one being able to port into the dungeon.
Steps: Not sure, nothing out of the ordinary, just tried to open the mut and nothing happened.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: cattboy pvp
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Hatchet De-sync - Raging Torrent & Light Attacks
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t play properly
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Hatchet De-sync - Raging Torrent & Light Attacks - YouTube
    Use hatchet raging torrent, you will teleport around, server constantly re-correcting your actual position. I think its has to do with hitbox colision and monsters/player pushing your character and/Or you pushing into them with attack animations moving your character but your actually unable to move becasue your hitbox is colliding with enemy hitbox. Causing incorrect server calculations of actual player position

RECORDED 5/15/22
11:20 am (AEST)
6:20 pm (PT)

I linked it at the timestamp when it’s most apparent, but gave some footage before it happened if that helps

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: CHASTOUR

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: EL DORADO

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: WHEN I MAKE SCALECLOTH OR BLISTERWEAVE, ANY BONUS ITEMS I MAKE TAKE AWAY FROM MY DAILY 10 ALLOWANCE TO MAKE. Ex: I JUST TRIED MAKING 5 SCALECLOTH, I MADE 5 WITH 2 BONUS AND NOW THE GAME WILL ONLY ALLOW ME TO MAKE 3 MORE EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS MY THRESHOLD IS 5 MORE.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I CANNOT MAKE AS MANY ITEMS AS I SHOULD BE ABLE TO.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: TRIED MAKING BLISTERWEAVE, SAMETHING HAPPENED.

It says you could make 5 if you had enough wirefiber to do so… @Chastour

• What is your character name in New World: Siagi
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: YGG- West
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: After server merge, A lot of ghost friends are on my friends list that I can not remove that are no longer on the server. I can not add new friends as well, or send friend requests
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can not add anyone
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Every time I try to remove a friend, I can not. I cant send friend requests either. Says I can only have 100 friends but I can not remove all of the old people that left the server.

****** Please make sure you fill out the following information before submitting a report ******

Don’t forget to check the Known Issues List to see if your issue is currently being worked on by the dev team.
We also have existing workaround for some issues that you can find here

To report a player or company for Code of Conduct violations, please do so here

• What is your character name in New World: MalvaRK
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: No skill or passive buffs appear on my HUD, only food buffs
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: No skill or passive buffs appear on my HUD, only food buffs
    visual buff bug - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: just use some skill
  • What is your character name in New World: Plexiglass
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: the game dropped an item i was trying to equip, and it disappeard on pick up, without appearing in my inventory
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i lost a very important piece of equipment
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: rapidly switch equipment with double-click (multiple pieces). do so in a non-firendly environement

Months of a bugged quest still not solved or listed in known bugs for quests. Lots of unanswered posts by others all closed.

Gates if Edengrove quest. Supposed to clear road along the Crescent Window of Dryads but nothing ever resolves. No listed number to kill or items to collect. Tried cancelling and restarting no effect.

1 Like