[Megathread] New World Update 1.5.1 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the 1.5.1 Update.

You can find our Known Issues list for the Arenas Update here and the Update 1.5.1 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Relative time and timezone)

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

1 Like

@Aenwyn @Centeotl @Luxendra @Shadow_Fox

Did a deep dive on the datamined datasheet for 1.5, and I think I found the issue with Invigorated Punishment and how to fix it.

This is the current table:

FIX: The last line should be “PerStatusEffectOnTarget” : true

For reference here is a working abilitiy that operates on same principle i.e. Light’s Embrace

Just a follow up on Mortal Empowerment as well, I think why it is not working in opr is the following:

FIX: This should be “OnKill”: true

Other mortalperks for reference:

ETC.

10 Likes

If you make it from
to “OnKill”: true you would be getting double empower stack from 1 kill(1 from Kill and 1 more from Executing downed player).
This works from other Mortal perks since they have CoolDown on them.

2 Likes

Easy fix would be to half the effectiveness of a stack, and double the max stacks. As it is bugged in OPR cause of the differing death system. Other they can find another fix, I am just giving ideas, because currently there is an issue.

2 Likes

Or they could also just remove downed state from wars and make it on kill - true. On execute - null.

5 Likes

Shirking Empower effect is classified as a “Debuff” and not “Buff”

This means allied LS autos can cleanse it, you can reverse stab and donate your empower to you opponent, and it is not purged by enemy nullifuing oblivion, etc.

3 Likes

“N” to open leadboard in OPR still not working after playing arena 3v3

2 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to test again after update 1.5.1, but last night the Depths mutated was not rewarding the sapphire gypsum at completion.

2 Likes

for losing 3v3 I only received 100 xp for my first match of the day, unsure if this is a glitch but before the 1.5.1 I would receive 250xp

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Lord Himu

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Midgard

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Guild Mermber list not working

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t manage my guild

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Press G - Members
3 Likes

I havent been able to place a camp since the update, I can use other camps and unbind from a camp but unable to place camps

3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: PokeyHokey
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos
1 Like

2 friends of mine had this happen and it was because of the skin, you have to locate some other player’s camp, take it, press T and select change skin and put the basic skin, this fixes the bug.

3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Steetoh

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: PvP Salt & XP from arenas was reduced not increased. I received 100 EXP for a loss instead of 250 like before. The win I get exactly 400 salt and 750 exp for win. The wins should be more than 750 exp for a win and now it’s less xp for a loss now than it used to be. The opposite effect of the lines stating “PvP XP and Salt rewards are now more generous in OPR and Arenas” - NW update 1.5.1

• Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Demoralizing, making my will to play a bit lower as I am always promised something that is in effect not what is stated. I think Great Cleave PvP track is an issue (as my friend put it a cancerous tumor) to this game. Why not just run circles level up faster than enjoy actual PvP that was just added? Silly game, I know it will get it fixed though :smiley:

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, continues to be lower.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Play 1-2 games of Arena, compare to previous rewards.

4 Likes

While the rest of us complain, you came in HOT with actual formal feedback.
Thank you!

1 Like

Holy, i could write dissertation on the mess that is this patch.

New_World_2022_06_01_-_16_21_46_09_DVR_Trim_AdobeCreativeCloudExpress (2)

Above is just one of hunereds of fights where combat behavior is just broken since 1.5.1. My character is dropping his weapons after barswap and punching. Those should have been BB light attacks an its not desync or lag. BB, is now even more broken then prior to this patch, the weapon doesnt do damage 70% of the time. Skills and Light Attacks will ricochet off into space if they are not just disappearing.

Combat is completely broken, and is further fucked up with Arenas spectator mode removing gear, attributes, perks, slotted skills. it is messing with the games calculations after it reapplies you gear and it persists through death and on exiting Arena.

Targeting is more broken then before Arena patch went live. Ill have 3 different skills target 3 different targets while my reticle is on one target. Each target sperated by 90 degrees.

Stamina is extremely fucked. Stamina completely dumping or greying out at 100% stam on Gap Closeing skill use or skill use in general, but then a second later coming back instantly. Dodges costing a variable amount of stamina, up to 1 dodge dumping entire bar of stam. Arenas spectator mode not calculating your armor weight correctly after applying your gear and you end up doing medium or heavy dodges in a light load.

Client has a severe memory leak, and consistent issues tied to queuing and Arena. After exiting Arena and killing players in openworld the game still acts like those kills are happening in an Arena match. Infinite loading screen on openworld pvp death and respawning at camp that will persist upon client restart and forces you to respawn at a shrine or town. Debuffs applied in openworld pvp infinitely persisting on accepting queue into Arena match as long as the timer is active at the time of accepting queue, requiring a full client restart and character despawning.

Skill cooldowns are still consumed if you are staggered during casting.

Player pvp xp/salt regen is bugged and inconsistent applying to different players.

Desync is completely out of hand. Servers need a minimum of a daily restart until desync is fixed.

Arena xp/salt gain changes are actually nerfing the amount of xp/salt gained on loss. Arenas will start with teams with less than 3 members.

There is so much more, and it only continues to get progressively worse and apparent each day

5 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Lucky1
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: EUS Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Joined an arena and had no teammates on round 1 so it was a 1v3 and then on round 2 my teammates spawned but they spawned with the enemies while I spawned alone.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Lost the match but I dont really care since arena matches are quick and I found the bug more funny than annoying
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: sure
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: n/a
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: idk just join an arena I guess
2 Likes