[Megathread] New World Update 1.5.5 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the 1.5.5 Update.

You can find our Known Issues list for the Arenas Update here and the Update 1.5.5 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

3 Likes

I’m really please that the bug that wipes the achievements without a “validate local files” each time appears to be fixed. Many thanks for your work on this.

There is still one bug outstanding - related to the main questline “Down Payment” once a ‘reset’ is performed on the quest as well as the location marker being in the wrong place for the first camp.

• What is your character name in New World: Lizzio
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot progress on quest as chest not able to be opened and Giocomo only has Leave once I perform a reset on the quest.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t progress the main storyline quest
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Not possible.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I’ve taken step by step screenshots that show the timeline and what happens. I’ve uploaded them to this post.
    Take quest, see Gio, Press “Reset” on quest, Gio can no longer say anything other than “Leave” and chest is not shown. In addition, Marker for first quest point is in wrong location.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)
    Please see screen shots for precise times on 30th June 2022.
    DownPayment_bug_1
    DownPayment_bug_2
    DownPayment_bug_3

Some additional text to go with the screen shots :-1:

6:26pmPress Reset on quest… and just “Talk to Giocomo Altovita appears”

6:27pm Press then … “Search for the traitors first campsite” AND “Talk to Giacomo Altovita” now shown.

6:28pm Press ap and it shows the incorrect location for the chest, it should be actually further East directly Northeast of Acherner Gate but it won’t allow me to open it and meanwhile, Giocomo is kicking back outside the gates of Monarchs bluff city and only gives me an option to “Leave” so that part of the quest cannot be completed which then stops the chest from being able to be opened

Thanks for your help on this bug and once again, great job on getting the Achievement page to show all the data on every login now.

1 Like

Can we get this Cheeky spot fixed for those spawn camping with a musket where noone can reach them unless they know how to exploit themselves.

• What is your character name in New World: TTVPermaGamingPG
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Spot where by spawn where you can climb real high and snipe
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Exploit
    Twitch

Keep getting this error in OPR/Arnea with new patch.

1 Like

When you reach the daily limit, 25 exp is given instead of 250 in arena.

• What is your character name in New World: Job Owenz
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unable to buy or sell at trading post.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to sell items from my inventory or buy new items for my character that I could use.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: use trading post
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Since free weekend on Steam a few weeks ago.

I spoke to soon, the achievements tab has been wiped again to 0.0% ;-(

Hi AGS, considering a buff that weapon perks are going to receive when on a weapon itself.
Could you please double check that Conqueror’s weapon (drop from OPR caches) can ALSO ROLL WEAPON PERKS (e.g. GA with enfeebling maelstrom, creeping reap etc).

I have opened hundreds of them on Live and not a single weapon has a weapon perk. Please adjust it for the next patch!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

I have 160 more waiting to be opened :slight_smile:

ALSO EXISTS IN TODAYS PTR [Megathread] Summer PTR Feedback - #286 by mmiracle

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Evonyx

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Aaru

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Not able to connect Twitch (Infinite Loading)

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cant connect

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no, cant connect, hense i am reporting

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 4pm CET+2 july 5h - already seen via search function that this is known since may 29 atleast and topics get closed instead of fixed

1 Like

Ultimate Chill and Weakening Gust use the Weaken debuff icon even though they do not apply weaken (i.e. damage reduction), it make it very confusing when analyzing VODs.

Please rather use the Frostbite Icon, because Utimate Chill and Weakening Gust apply a very unique debuff. This way you can easily see all Ice Gauntlet Debuffs on you.

Frostbite:

@Aenwyn

oh hey look, still no achievements. big heckin surprise there. what the heck are you doing Amazon?

• What is your character name in New World: Snowball-SWE
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Midgaard/Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Have four quest items still in inventory but no quests.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug?
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Annoying to have it still in inventory.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Dont really know… long time ago.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.