[Megathread] New World Update 1.5.6 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the 1.5.6 Update.

You can find our Known Issues list for the Arenas Update here and the Update 1.5.6 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

• What is your character name in New World: Octavian Gaius
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Abaton (EU Central)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Overflowing Essence Passive of Void Gauntlet Rupture ability is not triggering for various reasons.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Negatively
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  1. If you reapply Rupture on a target with a preexisting Rupture (due to a ability cooldown reset via the Glimpse of the Void for example), then the old Rupture ends and it does not activate Overflowing Essence, and a new Rupture 10 sec duration starts.
  2. If the target dies during the 10 secs duration of Rupture, then Rupture ends but the Overflowing Essence ability does not activate.
  3. If you swap weapons while Rupture is on a target, and you are on a different weapon while the Rupture 10 secs ends then Overflowing Essence does not trigger.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) All the time!
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Girthlorde
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US WEST Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: grit triggering a breakout roll in pvp
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: both
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: ruined it
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: not mentally as im posting here
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    STUNNING (shield bash, vault kick, shockwave) someone who has grit and then knocking them down ( sweep, javelin, wrecking ball ) gives the CCed player a free light roll that has no collision.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 100% reproducible.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: nicklg7093
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Health bug missing around 1000 health
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Build wont work in pvp or pve
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just logging in
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 7-15-22 around 700pm central time zone

[quote=“Aenwyn, post:1, topic:741182”]

• What is your character name in New World: AVERAG3
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla - US East
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: When using “Strong Corruption Tincture”, it actually uses “Major Corruption Absorption”.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Makes it more difficult when inside a corrupted area
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Link to a TikTok clip I made showing it Wrong potion New World! [ New World | PC ] #pc #ps5 #xbox #gaming #twitch #streamer #discord #youtube #tiktok #hover #gamer #newworld #mmo
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: This bug consistently happens when attempting to use the Strong Corruption Tinctures.
    [/quote] July 15, between 8am-12pm EST
1 Like

What is your character name in New World: nicklg7093
What server/world did you experience your issue on: maramma
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Hale and Hearty Bug/ Con Bug
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cant do PvP or use build correctly is ome PvE scenarios
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope Been 4 Days
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:NA
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: No need to reproduce its there everyday i log in
When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 7-15-22 7pm Central time zone

What is your character name in New World: Bzerken
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Chat Fade Delay resets from 300 to 44 every time the game loads
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Annoyance every time I start the game
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Set Fade to 300, exit game, launch game
When did this happen: Has happened since I started playing shortly after launch, still unfixed

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: MissDemeanor

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Jewelcrafting food Glazed Melon Bread not showing up in inventory after purchasing

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to create legendary jewelry without it

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Er, no? Did a local file integrity check to make sure it wasn’t an issue on my end, and then tried to purchase - no luck

Steam Community :: Screenshot

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Visit trading post, did a search for tradeskill food, clicked on jewelcrafting food, clicked on Glazed Melon Bread, clicked on pricing tab to purchase the lowest priced item and after purchasing, checked inventory and then storage shed

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) About 1:00am-1:15am

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Christianna LK
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Abaton
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: “Lag Detected” every 5 mins like clockwork, no issue my side
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: random lagging out and deaths due to lag
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Ongoing
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just logging in and playing for 5 mins
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) continuously since started playing game again end of june and since world merge
  • What is your character name in New World: DJPokis
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Merge from Vega to Nysa
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: After merge we did not receive enough compensations for owning territories. Our company “The Lightbringers” owned a total of 4 territories on Vega, and for 1 territory (Restless shore) we did not pay taxes for extended period of time (we were downgrading it on purpose). After merge we did receive 150k, but not 200k, thus our assumption is that it was because 1 of the territories did not have the taxes paid and was in downgrade mode.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: We lost 50k
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No,
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone).
    This happened for merge between Vega to Nysa in 2022.07.22.
  • What is your character name in New World: Pr0x1
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Abaton
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: stamina goes from 60 to 0 in one dodge
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i died because of it.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: stamina bug - new world - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: i get hit, i dodge. and my stamina is gone.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Kair Amek
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East/Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Bear combat AI breaks
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug but it can be exploited.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Makes bears super easy to farm.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Don’t have the tools for that.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Agro a bear with a ranged attack from a great distance. I don’t have an exact measure but it’s pretty far back. The bear will lunge forward a foot then stop. It just stand there until combat ends.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Started in may, happens any time so long as I’m far enough back.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Bgorb
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Mortar shots from the blunderbuss don’t benefit from the 15% elemental damage bonus perk you get from having 150 int.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Prevents the weapon from doing the appropriate amount of damage
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  1. Shoot a mortar round with 149 int and record the damage number
  2. Shoot a mortar round with 150 int and record the damage number
  3. Compare damage and you’ll se that increase in damage is no where near 15%
    For reference I got a 3% increase in damage by adding 1 int.
    Mortar rounds do fire damage anyways, but you’ll also see you won’t get the 15% increase in damage if you use an elemental gem either.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Just tested today, 7/25 at 9pm est.

RE the above bug ^ @Bgorb

Just FYI there is a known bug related to elemental damage and BB.
probably related so I’m highlighting here

• Elemental Gems Don’t Work With All Blunderbuss Abilities
  • What is your character name in New World: EhsanParadox

• What server/world did you experience your issue on Abaton

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Crafting Attempt Failed

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay it happen do some craft items see this error

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: so I did some craft station forge -smelting any craft station for craft some items and I dodge and jump my character but not fixing this error. I reported this bug more than a month ago, devs not fixing this bug, please fix it before releasing tomorrow’s new update.thanks all devs new world team

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) All Days happen this error