[Megathread] New World Update 1.6.0 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, the Summer Update.

You can find our Known Issues list for the Summer Update here and the Update 1.6.0 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

Over 230 known issues at patch release…you are expecting gamers to go through that list before making a post? TL;DR smfh

10 Likes

Sure, I’m at 53 currently. It’s a good read :joy:

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Mordhan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Fire staff with chain fire was socketed with an ice gem
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: doesn’t, just a bug
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no need to recover
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: was a salvage reward
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone). 9:10AM CT
2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Flashthyber
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tartarus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: i was able to play for 5 min then i got kicked and now i cant login anymore
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cant play the game
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone). 16:15 GMT +2 (Berlin)

cant log in

• What is your character name in New World: Mennace
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Game constantly crashes after logging into the world
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cant play more than 2 seconds
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Game freezes, and shuts down
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: ive relogged
  • When did this happen? : 17:29 GMT +3

Verify your game files.

1 Like

Same issue here. Restarting PC and verifying gamefiles did not fix this for me.

• What is your character name in New World:
    Swyck
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    Salvage button doesn’t work (C+lmouse). Does work on occasion, but not often.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
    bug
    annoying
    have to use mouse to select salvage from the drop down, which takes longer and is not as usable
    salvage items from your inventory
    7/2/2/22 11:10EDT

Getting the same error : assets/datastrm-part5.pak , rr pc , relogged managed to get in the que …few seconds later login into the game…thann in less than 15 seconds got another error …suspicious software install…

• What is your character name in New World: Honke420

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: The quick salvaging (C+left click) ceases to function. Worked for a short duration after logging in, but stopped functioning after a few quick salvages

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to quick salvage items

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Holding ctrl+c+LMB allows you to quick salvage without the confirmation from C+LMB

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Noticed that if you don’t have maximum or near maximum number of repair parts, you were able to quick salvage through C+LMB. Else, you weren’t able to.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): Around 16:15 BST

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Ekheke from Tempest, runs towards a player while crossing the bridge that leads to him. This has occurred twice, once in a regular Tempest run and one in mutation 1. He starts running towards a player without anyone even seeing him or vice versa. Not sure who he aggros, but I was playing as a tank and he certainly didn’t aggro me either of the times. He pops out from behind the large obstacle close to when someone has already crossed the bridge.
    After playing healer in this dungeon, I have noticed that Ekheke aggros the healer. He seems to pick up the aggro as soon as you exit the gate that leads unto the bridge.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: As a tank, spend a taunt early on already. Not big of an issue, but is unusual compared to before the patch

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No clue for a workaround

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): Around 23:00 BST

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Beacon & the perk Aegis for Orb of Protection are not working as intended. When casting either of the abilities, their AOE counterparts cease to function. If the Beacon hits the floor for example, it simply disappears instead of creating an AOE healing aura. Orb of Protection with the Aegis perk doesn’t create the AOE fortify & healing regeneration effect that it usually applies when hitting the ground.
    After further testing, I found out that the Aegis perk only applies when it’s casted close enough to an ally, otherwise it won’t create the AOE splash. Although even if the ally would be in range to take advantage of the AOE, it won’t necessarily create the splash effect.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Making the Aegis perk for Orb of Protection useless as well as making Beacon more difficult to use, since you now MUST hit an ally or enemy with the Beacon, in order for the aura to occur.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): 13:10 BST

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Neishatun in Tempest doesn’t seem to drop loot. I have played Tempest so far roughly 5 times after the patch, and in my last 2 runs have me nor my group members gotten any loot drops from Neishatun.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: No loot bag dropped upon defeating Neishatun.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): 15:30 BST.

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Faction quest icon appears above the chests from which you can get a quest item. This particular one is for Tempest, I haven’t seen this for any other expedition yet. The icons stopped appearing after I completed the quest.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug or feature?

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Didn’t affect gameplay at all

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Only seemed to have appeared if I got the faction quest for the items you loot from chests.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): 15:30 BST.

Not sure if a bug or me going crazy

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Tanking as a tank (with tower shield + sturdy) in Tempest seems unusual after patch. Bosses and named enemies (such as Isabella, Ekheke, and Neishatun specifically, as it’s most noticeable with these enemies) seem to deal more stamina damage compared to before the patch. Was quite noticeable for me since I have been spamming Tempest’s before patch.
    My friend also confirmed that he notices the sudden increase in stamina damage.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug perhaps
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Made managing stamina a bit more tricky for me, due to this sudden increase in stamina damage.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I have only done 2 Tempests so far, 1 regular & 1 mutated. Both times had the issue, no clue for a workaround.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): Around 23:00 BST

I will continue to edit this post as I find more issues.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: YoLEFTnu77
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Trying to do the event questline, I opened the cache and received the guitar and no music sheets, now cannot progress.
    I have tried abandoning the quest and taking it again with zero luck!
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot do any of the current event
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) 07/28/2022 08:00 PST
3 Likes

After entering the game (before menu screen) I have black screen with game sounds. Doesn’t respond. Game reinstall didn’t help.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Caskio
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot learn Maudlinbug Haze song Two pages since i never got them from the cache.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot progress the questline.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 7/28/2022 10 AM CST
2 Likes

There’s a lot of items that are “supposed” to be able to trigger a perfect salvage but they do not. Here is a full list (some might not be intended to trigger a perfect salvage): List of items with Perfect Salvage disabled

List contains the items that meet the following conditions (cumulatively).

• IsSalvageable is set to true
  • RepairRecipe starts with [LBID]MasterSalvage
  • SalvageResources is set to false, which prevents RepairRecipe table from rolling.

This seems to be common across gypsum cast/outpost rush items.

2 Likes

Trying to do the event questline, I opened the cache and received the guitar and no music sheets, now cannot progress.

• What is your character name in New World: angel of verdum
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Trying to do the event questline, I opened the cache and received the guitar and no music sheets, now cannot progress.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot do any of the current event
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) 28/07/2022 15:30 GMT
3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Obidesh
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) 28/07/2022 15:30 GMT
2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Cutyy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Gravity well is not double procing consistently depending on how close you are to the grav well and where you cast it (When you have the grav well perk on). I have mine on my weapon.

Also, grav well disappears of it collides with a wall.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World:Raivotauti
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Abaton
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:Trying to do the event questline, I opened the cache and received the guitar and no music sheets, now cannot progress.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:cant continue the quest line
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:no
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)28/07/2022 15:30 GMT
1 Like