[Megathread] New World Update 1.6.0 Bug Reporting

dude you not adding all other weapons you dont have raised gs on. avg gs means 0 absolutely nothing the current equipped gs is 620 …

• What is your character name in New World:

Ghaunr

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:

Tartarus

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:

Expertise bumps are not increased as described in summer patch notes.

• Is this a bug or an exploit:

Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:

Expertise bumps are too small

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:

No

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

Used gypsum caches, did not test with drops

• When did this happen?

17.35 CET, july 28th

Note sure if it has been reported already, but if you are close to a finishing music exhibition just before entering an instance (like OPR), the exhibition stars and rating persist on screen for the whole instance.

This would be even more annoying in WAR/invasion than it already is in OPR.

1 Like

Is global luck still in effect? Since the update on the 28th, it took me a long time or nearly a day to win a trophy, not even

• expertise bumps aren’t at the new values that were supposedly supposed to be greater in this patch.

• experiencing heavy lag in towns

• this is a bug from a previous release, but OPR items were supposed to automatically equip if there was an empty space in your hotbar

What is your character name in New World: Narwis
    What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tartarus
    Describe the issue you are experiencing: Input lag, game freeze for few seconds
    Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
    (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i cant play pvp
    (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
    (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: just log in …
When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) after new patch …

2 Likes

Incorrect Recipe Material for Tempest Heavy Shoe Recipe:

Here is the recipe:

For Reference here are the other boot recipes:

Heavy Boots are usually in the 5-6 Range for Metal, 2-3 Range for Leather and 1-2 Range for Cloth.

The Tempest Gaurd Replica Boots are incorrectly using the same materials as the Tempest Guard Replica Pants.

@Aenwyn @Luxendra @Kay

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Deramond
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tartarus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Beacon and Orb of Protection don’t activate properly when shooting on the ground. It seems like they just fly though the floor and are gone
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Playing Heal is impacted by this bug
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope, its a bug
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: not possible to screenshot
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: aim on the ground and cast Beacon or Orb
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) sveral times since 1.6 update
2 Likes

Edit: work around found thanks @USFrozen
I’ve updated the description here and in my thread

I made a thread about this bug posting here for visibility since it broke in this patch.

• What is your character name in New World: Handsome Simon

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot enter game world on Linux on the first try

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It takes a long time to log in and I’m worried I’ll be banned

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Launch game
    Click Continue
    Click Play
    Black screen is displayed for ~1 minute
    Game returns to title screen with the message "Login Blocked: Suspicious Software or Corrupted Install Detected
    Click Ok
    Click Continue
    Click Play
    Game now loads into world

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone): First seen for me around the 1st of August (UTC+10)

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Assur

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nysa

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: I have a problem with the summer event. When I try to change normal crests to deluxe crests, the system won’t let me. It is clearly visible in the photo.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i cant buy event rewards

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: i dont know

• What is your character name in New World: MeiDinChina
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: “Unable to bind key Space, reserved for @ui_reserved_binding_musicnote_space which cannot be unbound.” can’t use space bar anymore as a customize key bind anymore if you made any new changes, any previous space bar bind from previous patches has been overrided with that error msg. This is a major oversight and/or coding error
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug / Coding Error since patch update
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: my play style and performance overall. Tested my dodge button (Normally space bar, but i cant since bug error) has made it difficult for me to play NW and perform normally in OPR, open world PVP, PVE. Been frustrating.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, currently unboundable since music patch update
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Space Bar being unboundable since patch. Fix this so spacebar can be used as a binding like previous patches
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Several attempts to apply custom bind Space - but error pop-up occurs
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) I’ve attempted this since i had factory reset my PC and re-installed New World, and went back to attempt to customize my settings in game. 8/2/2022 around 3pm EST Time New York
1 Like

Aenwyn said this here:

I have confirmed this is temporary and Space will be available again for rebind in a future update. While you will not be able to rebind it as another key when using Musical Instruments, it will be available for rebinding outside of Musical Instruments in a future update.

2 Likes

I just had a similar thing, but with weaponsmithing notes.

• What is your character name in New World: MarylandMoto
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Weaponsmithing Research Notes not providing items but taking resources.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to gain experience, unable to hold resources to craft in the future. I crafted 2 Journeyman and 3 Master but received no notes in my inventory.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Craft Research notes, shards consumed, no item received.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 10:20 PM EST

Edit, I just saw on NWDB that you don’t receive an item for this craft, it just gives you EXP. It would be nice if this were clarified on the crafting screen.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, the crafted boxes that give Territory Standing show an alert after craft, explaining it; not the exp boxes though.

incorrect categorisation of gauntlets

1 Like

Got the exact same bug. Queue up for OPR then cancel. Then you’ll be able to requeue for the 3v3 arenas.

Please tell me how it is possible I don’t understand first the song from the event doesn’t work. I hope that as soon as I close this game, someone from the team will say in some interview how you spoiled the whole thing, how you cheated. I bought the game and a year after its premiere I am queuing up for the game. You are unique, I do not understand if this is a social experiment any data is collected how long a given social group can endure

What is your character name in New World: Halcion
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Map sometimes still shows icons after gathering
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Very annoying seeing (say) a elemental insect on the map, but in fact it’s not there.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Just play the game and gather stuff that shows on the map.
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Gather blightmonths or spinefish etc and sometimes the map will still show the icon.
When did this happen? All the time since 1.6.0

1 Like

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Managed to get in combat during performance mode
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Couldn’t play music
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: No idea
When did this happen? 2022.08.01 - 21.17 UTC

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Sometime the mouse cusor affects the view whilst in a menu.
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Annoying
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, exit the menu and go back in

When did this happen? 2022.08.02 - 07.07 UTC

=================================================
Another problem that maybe related to the above, but I’m not allowed to post 3 bugs in a row.

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Sometimes the game still processes keypresses when interacting with a menu e.g. interacting with a NPC, typing in chat, or in the video when in your storage. So in the video if I press Q,E,R it will try to use my powers (yes that really isn’t a problem, but moving when typing in chat is very annoying)
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Annoying
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, exit the menu and go back in

When did this happen? Randomly since the update.

I will try to add a video of typing in chat and everytime I type w,a,s, or d my character will move. I also have ‘1’ bound to a potion slot, so if I press ‘1’ when talking to a NPC it will sometimes use the potion.