[Megathread] New World Update 1.6.0 Bug Reporting

Incorrect Recipe Material for Tempest Heavy Shoe Recipe:

Here is the recipe:

For Reference here are the other boot recipes:

Heavy Boots are usually in the 5-6 Range for Metal, 2-3 Range for Leather and 1-2 Range for Cloth.

The Tempest Gaurd Replica Boots are incorrectly using the same materials as the Tempest Guard Replica Pants.

@Aenwyn @Luxendra @Kay

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Deramond
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tartarus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Beacon and Orb of Protection don’t activate properly when shooting on the ground. It seems like they just fly though the floor and are gone
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Playing Heal is impacted by this bug
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope, its a bug
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: not possible to screenshot
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: aim on the ground and cast Beacon or Orb
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) sveral times since 1.6 update
2 Likes

Edit: work around found thanks @USFrozen
I’ve updated the description here and in my thread

I made a thread about this bug posting here for visibility since it broke in this patch.

• What is your character name in New World: Handsome Simon

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot enter game world on Linux on the first try

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It takes a long time to log in and I’m worried I’ll be banned

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Launch game
    Click Continue
    Click Play
    Black screen is displayed for ~1 minute
    Game returns to title screen with the message "Login Blocked: Suspicious Software or Corrupted Install Detected
    Click Ok
    Click Continue
    Click Play
    Game now loads into world

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone): First seen for me around the 1st of August (UTC+10)

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Assur

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nysa

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: I have a problem with the summer event. When I try to change normal crests to deluxe crests, the system won’t let me. It is clearly visible in the photo.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i cant buy event rewards

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: i dont know

• What is your character name in New World: MeiDinChina
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: “Unable to bind key Space, reserved for @ui_reserved_binding_musicnote_space which cannot be unbound.” can’t use space bar anymore as a customize key bind anymore if you made any new changes, any previous space bar bind from previous patches has been overrided with that error msg. This is a major oversight and/or coding error
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug / Coding Error since patch update
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: my play style and performance overall. Tested my dodge button (Normally space bar, but i cant since bug error) has made it difficult for me to play NW and perform normally in OPR, open world PVP, PVE. Been frustrating.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, currently unboundable since music patch update
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Space Bar being unboundable since patch. Fix this so spacebar can be used as a binding like previous patches
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Several attempts to apply custom bind Space - but error pop-up occurs
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) I’ve attempted this since i had factory reset my PC and re-installed New World, and went back to attempt to customize my settings in game. 8/2/2022 around 3pm EST Time New York
1 Like

Aenwyn said this here:

I have confirmed this is temporary and Space will be available again for rebind in a future update. While you will not be able to rebind it as another key when using Musical Instruments, it will be available for rebinding outside of Musical Instruments in a future update.

2 Likes

I just had a similar thing, but with weaponsmithing notes.

• What is your character name in New World: MarylandMoto
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Weaponsmithing Research Notes not providing items but taking resources.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to gain experience, unable to hold resources to craft in the future. I crafted 2 Journeyman and 3 Master but received no notes in my inventory.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Craft Research notes, shards consumed, no item received.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 10:20 PM EST

Edit, I just saw on NWDB that you don’t receive an item for this craft, it just gives you EXP. It would be nice if this were clarified on the crafting screen.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, the crafted boxes that give Territory Standing show an alert after craft, explaining it; not the exp boxes though.

incorrect categorisation of gauntlets

1 Like

Got the exact same bug. Queue up for OPR then cancel. Then you’ll be able to requeue for the 3v3 arenas.

Please tell me how it is possible I don’t understand first the song from the event doesn’t work. I hope that as soon as I close this game, someone from the team will say in some interview how you spoiled the whole thing, how you cheated. I bought the game and a year after its premiere I am queuing up for the game. You are unique, I do not understand if this is a social experiment any data is collected how long a given social group can endure

What is your character name in New World: Halcion
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Map sometimes still shows icons after gathering
Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Very annoying seeing (say) a elemental insect on the map, but in fact it’s not there.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Just play the game and gather stuff that shows on the map.
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Gather blightmonths or spinefish etc and sometimes the map will still show the icon.
When did this happen? All the time since 1.6.0

1 Like

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Managed to get in combat during performance mode
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Couldn’t play music
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: No idea
When did this happen? 2022.08.01 - 21.17 UTC

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Sometime the mouse cusor affects the view whilst in a menu.
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Annoying
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, exit the menu and go back in
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

When did this happen? 2022.08.02 - 07.07 UTC

=================================================
Another problem that maybe related to the above, but I’m not allowed to post 3 bugs in a row.

Describe the issue you are experiencing: Sometimes the game still processes keypresses when interacting with a menu e.g. interacting with a NPC, typing in chat, or in the video when in your storage. So in the video if I press Q,E,R it will try to use my powers (yes that really isn’t a problem, but moving when typing in chat is very annoying)
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Annoying
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, exit the menu and go back in

When did this happen? Randomly since the update.

I will try to add a video of typing in chat and everytime I type w,a,s, or d my character will move. I also have ‘1’ bound to a potion slot, so if I press ‘1’ when talking to a NPC it will sometimes use the potion.

Bonjour, mon personnage s’appel Eldalottee, je suis sur Dye Tree, j’aimerais savoir pourquoi vous avez mélangé P.V.P et P.V.E ?
Pourquoi les déferlantes comptent dans les expéditions ( 15 par jours) ? De ce fait nous devons choisir et ce n’est pas drôle. Je ne vous parlerais pas de l’azoth ( vous savez ce que tout le monde en pense) ni des lags, rollback etc etc… Le plus important pour moi, actuellement, sera votre réponse pour le mélange P.V.P - P.V.E ( une déferlante n’est pas une explo). Merci pour vos futures réponses.

• What is your character name in New World: Skar Ironfist
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Guitar Hero, when playing a song, to gain experience, or an effect, the notes on the screen, are visually stuttering on the screen when the server is heavily loaded e.g. the evening.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It makes music playing more sensitive to play, than I believe was intended. In the morning it’s a lot easier to hit those notes :slight_smile:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes - log on during work in the day :wink:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Play music when the server you are using is very busy.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Evening time, Europe.

I have a report from a friend, he is experiencing the same thing.

1 Like

Surgeon’s Ring still bugged, you still cannot change the Gem. The other rings like Champion’s Ring was fixed with the Summer Patch, but Surgeon’s Ring was not.

• What is your character name in New World: Declyn Black

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: If I am near a musical performance when entering an Expedition the UI will follow me in. The Tip Window takes up a lot of screen, but even the song UI is annoying. When this happens the UI remains throughout the Expedition and will still be there after zoning out. Only way to fix it is the log out, or if outside start and end a Performance myself.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Blocks interface during expeditions

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: only once Expedition is over.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: See Below

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Be within the radius of an active musical performance and enter an expedition

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) every time I go into an Expedition since 1.60 (and within active performance radius). The screenshot is from approx 8pm Pacific Time Aug 2, 2022.

In the screen shot below you can see the song that was being performed when I entered. It’s MUCH worse if I get pulled in during the tip window. Until this can be fixed, I would recommend a no performance zone outside expeditions.

• What is your character name in New World: Autobuz

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nysa

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Opening Medleyfaire chests grants no Azoth even though Azoth shows up in the reward screen

• Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Stopping me and possibly every other player from successfully opening the Faire chests since it’s not worth it

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, since everytime a new issue appears, it’s fixed and 5 more issues appear afterwards

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: get a Faire chest (Bestowment) from town and open it

• When did this happen? 4-Aug-2022, 11am GMT+3

Stonesh
Delos

All three bags display the + Encumbrance overlapping text