[Megathread] New World Update 1.6.0 Feedback

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a weekly thread in order to track feedback that popped up due to the most recent update, the Summer Release.

You can find resources on how to leave good feedback in the How to Give High Quality Feedback post.

You can find our Summer Release Update Bug Megathread here.

Your help in keeping feedback unrelated to the Summer Release out of this Megathread is much appreciated!

Thank you for helping make New World the best game it can be!

See you in Aeternum!

2 Likes

EMERGENY ISSUE:
Weapon perks (when on a weapon) are stacking if you have the same perk on your armor.
(will add more when i have more info)

EDIT: seems to be only certain abilities.

ISSUE #1:

• Life Staff should not have the same perk pool as other weapons.

Currently its a 15% chance to roll keen and a 15% to roll vicious on lifestaves. I’ve rolled dozens of keen-vicious lifestaffs now despite these being BOTH dead perks for lifestaff. Instead, Blessed should be a 15% roll-chance and Refreshing Move a 6% chance on lifestaff as these are both seen as mandatory.

ISSUE #2:

• Purify of Light is too weak.

Splash healing has always been seen as a B tier healer ability. This perk was supposed to change that. But all this perk does is give you a bonus 400 healing on a 2500 heal on armor, and a 800 heal on lifestaff. Its not worth running. Especially since you still have to cleanse a debuff for it to work at all (just tested).

Rework Purify of Light. It should simply be an ability that cleanses ALL debuffs from allies who are healed by Splash. Why? Because Cleanse pots already do that on a 5s CD. Clap should have more power than a consumable, especially since its a 15s CD.
OR
Buff it’s output and/or change perk description to match how much output it has.

ISSUE #3:

• Mending Protection is too strong on Life Staff at 42% bonus healing

This ability is up 24/7 due to how easy it is to proc. Our healers with orb are getting 2k per tick in Sacred Ground. Thats way too strong. Cap it at 30% or something, or decrease the uptime of the perk.

ISSUE #4:

• Beacon disappears if shot at the ground or an object

Beacon is supposed to stick to whatever it collides with, but it currently is phasing through floors and objects, completely erasing them

ISSUE #5:

• Maelstrom still eats friendly projectiles

ISSUE #6:

• the pop up spam in town from performances is exhausting to deal with.

Please massively reduce the performance radius and let us disable tipping or the performance pop ups (ratings, songs, tips) in settings. Feels like there’s no escape and I’m being begged for tips 24/7. The original PTR radius was much better. If i want to listen or get buffs, or be part of the performance, I’ll enter the ring willingly. Not be forced into 4 different rings as i run across town.

Please change the tip button too. Currently people are placing their performances over high active areas like storage sheds, townboards, etc so people accidently press ‘e’ (tip) when trying to interact with a shed or board (also ‘e’).

ISSUE #7:

• Limiting our dungeons or mutations is counterproductive to player retention. Never stop your players from playing the game.

Let us open more if we reach the limit. I don’t care if it costs gold or azoth, just let us run more. Mutations only last a week and with more dungeons being added, we have to wait 1-2 weeks for our desired dungeon to come back into rotation. Let all mutations be up at all times, or have 3 active each week.

ISSUE #8:

• Cannot use materia to craft 600gs items from Depths or Dynasty.

Items drop in those dungeons at >500gs, but their mutated counterparts drop them at 600gs. Unfortunately, you cannot craft them at 600gs even though it exists and drops within the game. For those low ranked dungeons with mutated versions (Depths/Dynasty) let us craft those items with materia at 590+gs like other dungeon drops.

ISSUE #9:

• If you’re going to disable Azoth Vials which are required for the event (premium tokens), then change it so the event uses raw azoth(25-50) per token instead of vials so that we can actually play the game lol
13 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: JaniWP
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tartarus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Waste all of stack if u use ctrl+c for Suspended azoth
1 Like

What do you expect me to buy with Faction tokens, other than the 2 Orbs and Chunk of Consecrated Iron?

Put Patterms recipes in here.

15 Likes

Gold Dupe? Give a 10g tip to band members, all 4 get 7.5g = 30g, keep tipping and then redistribute gold. Turn 10g into 30g each time, if not more. Get all your company to tip players and make a lot of gold

6 Likes

OPR

• Memory leak or something, big fps drops, seems to occur as you render players into your FoV
  • Consumables dont auto-fill on hotbar anymore, big suck
  • New respawn beacon has collison before being built
  • New respawn beacon can be attacked before being built (melee attacks auto-target it with homing when fighting in close proximity)

Performance

• Client stutters on death
  • Random client hitches/lock up/fps drops when many players around

Hatchet Berserk broken

• Repro, joing/loading many different instances → Leaving OPR → Recall → Go to House → Join Opr → some combination of those
    Hatchet Berserk broken - YouTube

#### Trading post

• Allow Distinct when searching for perks, reducing results to return only items that have exactly the filtered perks
    • This was how the old filter system worked, which was good. New filter logic searches for any combination (meaning it can have 1 of the 3 selected instead of ONLY the perks selected)

When you are on the perk search page you need to change the setting on the top left corner from “Any Selected Perk” to “Only Selected Perks”
Thanks @Zamn

2 Likes

Its been reported by a few folk that the expertise gypsum increase isnt included, same old values happening. Was reported on the ptr too. This can result in those of us who have been saving our casts over the past weeks to get out of the limbo that is 500-600 ‘wasting’ them. Not a pleasant thing to happen.

I like the music system, has a lot of potential. Few things:

• the style of the ui feels out of place
  • the way the ui works means you have to focus on it. Woukd prefer something more like the fishing ui where its ‘embedded’ in the world
  • the notes seem somewhat disconnected to the music sometimes. Its like the visual is the only important thing. I try to use the music more than the visuals for timing (I play music) and it just seems off somehow.
  • different difficulty levels of music shoukd sound different, the harder the more elaborate. You should be able to tell if someone is playing on beginner or expert by listening to them. Right now you cant tell apart maybe from the buffs that are offered. Id really like for people that can play the hardest levels to stand out. Id even put one more challenge level in there.
1 Like

No need to run Faction mission any more

• What is your character name in New World: Arpe
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Alot of bags dosent drop in Dephts
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cant complete missions (Faction and meat mission)
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Did not get a screenshot
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Enter the dephts and kill bosses/faction mission mobs
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): Almost every time you should get a bag drop from missions and thorpe/other bosses in dephts

3v3 Arenas allowing gemstone/oakflesh & hearty meals intended? :moyai::moyai::moyai:

2 Likes

Gravity well not working at all. I have tried 10 times in a row and nothing

1 Like

There is bug that coming every update i think, that make some people like me cant enter game past character selection and just immediately become black screen when loading to enter NW from character selection menu, it already happen when winter solstice update and it happen again on summer, trying to change to 30 fps and verifying doesnt help, but I notice game keep getting not responding when i try to change graphic settings to low to help my pc entering NW. Basicly there is some problem on both of that part. And if you please can extend fishing and music weekend experience bonus , some people playing this game doesnt have many times to play it when they can, and we greet with this kind of problem again. It just sucks, period.

When you are on the perk search page you need to change the setting on the top left corner from “Any Selected Perk” to “Only Selected Perks”

1 Like

Hello i can’t end my quest Maudlinbug Haze. I opened chest, but still don’t have learn pages and can’t end quest… Can u help pls?
Nick: Cearven
Server: Dry Tree

• What is your character name in New World: Oleseck
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhala
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Upon killing Zhou in Dynasy Mutator our group did not get a bag. There for we did not get a sapphire. Overall Loot bags seems lacking from before the patch in general too.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Negatively
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: NA
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Run Dynasty
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 7/28/2022 around 9:30 PM EST

I attempted to roll life staffs with the new perk changes and it almost never rolls a perk for life staffs anymore. It is all keen and vicious super commonly which makes crafting life staffs completely useless. I can’t even use dynasty points for getting the glowing lifestaff from there because it is tier 4 so I can’t get it legendary. Life staffs are just completely trash to try to get a decent one at all now.

2 Likes

I ran into this issue but noticed grav well works if you hit an enemy with it. If you send the grav well to anything other than an enemy it doesn’t spawn. Very annoying and I don’t know if it is intended or not

realmente conseguiram estragar o jogo, vc entra em uma fila e do nada ela fica voltando para trás ao invés de descer a numeração, uma vergonha esse retrocesso

Although there is no buy/sell in the trade post, I cannot transfer any way because it gives a buy/sell var error. please solve this problem immediately!