[Megathread] New World Update 1.6.1 Bug Reporting

Can you check, does it affected by caster’s gear? I mean check will it work if caster in light and than in mid.
There is a bug with Medium\heavy\300 const perk, that making CC uneffectable, atleast it is so with Stun and knock back effects. Freedom has no effect from user in mid+ gear, only if in light

upper post

What is your character name in New World:
THOR Dominikson

What server/world did you experience your issue on:
Nysa

Describe the issue you are experiencing:
Aerial transmission is not working correctly, the disease disappears when the cloud disappears, it should stay 10 seconds on the target and apply weaken as well.

Is this a bug or an exploit:
Bug

(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
make this perks more useful

(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
no

(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

“to your target for 10s”

“cloud on impact that lingers in place for 6s”

“Duration : 10s”

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
launch the “infected throw” skill with the “aerial transmission” passive on the ground when an opponent passes through the cloud, and you will see that the debuff disappears at the same time as the cloud on the opponent.

When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone)
all the time for months

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Hrrmm
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot craft virtuoso drum. Craft attempt hangs, and then fails every time. I am able to craft other items without issue.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: unable to craft item
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Have materials for Virtuoso’s drum. Go to workshop. Select Virtuoso’s Drum. Attempt to craft.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 8/5/2022. 9:05am PST

@Kay

any chance of a hotfix for Not being able to remap WASD to Arrows keys

this was only since summer patch

i’ll just add all bugs i reported so far.

still there = And the Camping not UNLOCKED YET is back - #3 by Vesstan

The Chain of Zane is missing from outfitter. Can craft like every other amulet from lazarus for materia, but not the chain of zane.

What is your character name in New World: Zathor
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nysa
Describe the issue you are experiencing: I no longer receive Fishing XP as fast after the update and seems like 2x XP doesn’t apply to me.
Is this a bug or an exploit: A bug.
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Compared to my friend, I get like 100-200 XP per fish when he gets over 300. Doesn’t matter where I fish, hotspot or not. Catching a fish awards 10 XP, it was more before.
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I do not know, be me?
When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 5-10 minutes before posting this.

• What is your character name in New World: Luna Kitty
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unable to fish (Cast for fishing is blank)
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to do quest line
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: …attempt to fish
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)
    8:28HST 8/5/22 (began on 8/2/22)

additional info: tried different poles, different locations, different positions at fishing location, restarts, updates… you name it.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: xHawkeye
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Since the hotfix to remove the azoth vial display, I am getting multiple notices for perfect salvaging a legendary weapon. I salvaged a lot of stuff before the hotfix without multiple displays of fragments that weren’t true. The notifications I received were Infused Engineering Fragment, Infused Weapon Fragment, Infused Engineering Fragment, Infused Arcane Fragment, Infused Engineering Fragment, Infused Weapon Fragment, Infused Engineering Fragment. The only fragment in my inventory that went up was engineering and by 1.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Nil - just additional information on screen
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes - ignore them
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Salvage a legendary item and get a perfect salvage.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 7am 6/8/22 Australian EST

EDIT:
The additional prompts are the previous information for perfect salvaging. Tested by restarting the game and salvaging. Had one notice. On second weapon salvage had two (the new one plus the previous one). On third weapon salvage had three (the new one plus the previous two).

3 Likes

buggy void gauntlet…

Vanished from inventory:
I attempted to craft the Virtuoso’s Drum twice (upgraded the one I got from quest and after it disappearing, bought new mats, and attempted to craft from base form to max level again), it deleted the item from inventory on both occasions. It did not remain in the [tier below] composer’s drum form on either attempt & it consumed the materials needed to upgrade.

Castle of Steel - happened withing the last 30mins.

• What is your character name in New World: Octavian Gaius
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Abaton
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Social Distance ability of Hatchet, rubberbands off of Gravity Well and you get pulled back to the center.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Negatively
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Use Social Distancing in Gravity Well.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Randomly All the time.
  • What is your character name in New World: Tigad

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: movement bug, beacon and orb protection dont work on the ground

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cant buff and really annoying

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: -

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: YouTube

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: -

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) : inside genesis around 02.58 AEDT

1 Like
  • Character Name - Wyatt Vis

• Issue that occurred - I was about to equip my new ring that I had but when I clicked on the confirm to equip the ring, it equipped an amulet that I had in my inventory that was (bind on equip) without me clicking on the amulet.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It equipped a amulet I did not click on so I cannot sell it now.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: New World equip bug

• Time and Date - 8/6/2022. Around 3:00am PST

• World/Server - Orofena - Arkadia Omicron - US East

• Location where issue occurred - The issue occurred in the settlement of Ebonscale Reach

• Any steps that can be taken to reproduce the issue - Not sure

• What is your character name in New World: Kalerix
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US West Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Quest item not populating on quest page. Its in my inventory with a (1) but not showing on the quest page.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: This bug makes the quest impossible to turn in. its worth 7k xp
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: First time this has happended. Not sure
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 15:14 8/6/2022 PST

Screenshot 2022-08-06 155557

Odd that I haven’t seen this mentioned…but…

Character: Illutian Kade
Server: Valhalla
Issue:
I, and others, are “hard crashing” (game triggers Program has become unresponsive) during Invasions. I assume this is a recent occurrence since I haven’t had this happen in the entire time here; since Alpha, with full-loot PVP. I didn’t have this issue during the start of the “double XP” event. So my guess is this is specifically with the Festival Update.

Effect:
I level up my Swearing.

Recovery:
Yes, but requires starting the client back up. I’ve not had the unfortunate luck of experience a second crash in invasions. Though others have.

Screenshots:

How about…these?? ^-^

The program NewWorld.exe version 1.20.615.4611 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 8b9c
Start Time: 01d8a93a4359c532
Termination Time: 113
Application Path: K:\Steam\steamapps\common\New World\Bin64\NewWorld.exe
Report Id: 98bc07d8-fd55-4eb5-a931-bbb447a174ef
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

The program NewWorld.exe version 1.20.615.141 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 5cfc
Start Time: 01d8a86e99818a4f
Termination Time: 17
Application Path: K:\Steam\steamapps\common\New World\Bin64\NewWorld.exe
Report Id: 050d6120-1f2c-4796-b63f-f8ab629c6e8e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Get into Invasion
2. Do important Invasion stuff
3. Start swearing when game freezes
4. Rapidly click the window to trigger Windows to kill the process
5. Restart client and hope you weren’t kicked from the Invasion

Time of Occurrence:
August 4, 2022 at 11:13 PM EST and again on August 5, 2022 at 11:15 PM EST.

• What is your character name in New World: King Karnage
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can’t use server transfer, buy/sell order is bugged

Probably more examples of the buggy 1.6.0 state machine of “what state is my character in” e.g. typing in chat makes you move etc. Character State Problems

• What is your character name in New World: Halcion
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Game gets confused about the state of my character. 3 examples; 1) Kicking even though I have a weapon equipped 2) Playing music menu, even though I am walking around 3) Stuck in “equip bait” pose, bug moving around. Also see the link above for examples relating to keyboard input.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: annoying, very poor experience for players
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: - Generally doing something to change state will sort it e.g. switch weapons etc.
  1. Kicking Instead of Attacking
  2. Music Menu when not playing music
  3. Running around stuck in “bait pose”
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: - No idea. It’s just a general problem when changing “states”.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) :
  1. 2022.08.05 - 13.45.52 UTC
  2. 2022.08.05 - 08.18.29 UTC
  3. 2022.08.03 - 12.53.06 UTC

If you have Fortififying Perforate or shield bash in the armor when you change the weapon you have the buff perk, but if you have it in the weapon and change the weapone you lose this buff. I dont know if this happens with another weapong but it doesnt make sense, beacuse you want to improve the perk in the weapon and you are destroying this. I hope that it would be a bugg, so try to fix it please