[Megathread] New World Update 1.6.6 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, Update 1.6.6.

You can find our Known Issues list for the Summer Update here and the Update 1.6.6 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing.

I think something went wrong with your patch and the Trade post…

and to make it worse i am now missing One Rune

@Sandovall @Luxendra

that was 10 before the patch… i know this for 100% as i boughth 3 today and it showed 10 before i logged off 06:26

…

Achievements still broken after update, can cross that one off the speculative fix.

3 Likes

After the update none of my trophies were working while the 3 houses had tax payed.
I had to took them off and decorate again to make them work again. Didn’t face that issue anytime before.

• What is your character name in New World: EduBilada

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka SA

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Music not playing in expeditions

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Really annoying

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    This has been going on for a long time, the music of the dungeon is replaced by the place you were teleported to, up there as you can see the music of Reekwater Capital is playing instead of Isabella’s Dungeon music

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: 1.Queue for a dungeon, 2 Teleport with prompt message 3. " Enjoy" the music from the area you teleported from in loop during all the expedition.

• When did this happen? When the dungeon finder was released

2 Likes

Yonas the Hermit at Fishmans Hovel, half of his body is on the dock, the other half is under the fishing dock. This is on the server El Dorado.

clickin on play button on charackter screen, gives an hickup and new world doesnt respond anymore, but its still going after waiting
grafik
this never happend before

also massive frame drops in towns, and lags in expedtions
it was not that bad before 1.6.6

AMD driver 22.9.1

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Tufffireguy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Maramma
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Gem selection is wrong as seen in the picture, created two earrings with pristine onyx but shows opal in the gem slot to the right as shown. Once created it came out with opals, not onyx.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: placed the wrong gem in the earrings
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: n/a
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: done
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: i did not try
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 9/23/2022 - 11:55am est

Broku Kai
Maramma
Still experiencing the bug where my achievements are not loading in for the session. I know there was an attempt to fix this in the the latest patch and it does seem to have fixed the titles but achievements are still not working. Instead of being at 0.0%, I’m getting this as of today:

3 Likes

Bump - Got the same screen when checking at about 9 PM PDT Sep 22nd. No more speculation - still broken

All town boards myself and my friends have tried work, the quest just disappears and says more quests will be available soon

We really need a true Fullscreen for this game!

Its been a while since release and we still have a fake fullscreen. We know that actual "fullscreen" option is borderless fullscreen. And for many of us playing a game in borderless fullscreen is a very bad thing because we lose a lot of performance, we cant alt tab the game and if we use two monitors when we open the map or inventory in game, our curssor can go to the other screen by mistake and for ultrawide monitors if we want to play 16:9 we get a very ugly stretched screen instead of two black bars on sides. Please just put the 3 options in game to chose how we want to play “Windowed, Borderless Windowed and Fullscreen” I mean true fullscreen.

Just please, do that Devs… or any response to this

1 Like

Bug on live servers when pinning “Recipe for basic territory supplies” to screen. Azoth shows up as a white box with random numbers, I.E. Azoth is currently at 960/1000, recipe requires 200/200, but recipe pin shows 832/832. also shows white box and 8/8 on journal. Nothing big, just visually unappealing.

1 Like

Name: John of the Bush
Server: Fae, EU Central
Issue: Cant craft Virtuoso’s Drum. When crafting it says “crafting failed”. It is possible to craft other engineering items.
Bug or exploit: Bug
Effect: Cant craft the drum, cant lvl up furnishing
steps: No steps, is constant issue. Tried several times, after relogs, different stations.
When: First try: 22-09-2022. Still an issue at 24-09-2022

1 Like

Character: Eudorous - USA East PTR1

Voice Acting for New Character Cut out half way through and has been gone ever since.

Voice acting Character - Grace Omalley
Quest Shipwreck survivor - Halfway through second page dialog sound cuts out and stays gone forever.

Also noticed some harvestable items throughout the world floating above ground a few meters and some in the ground and unharvestable.

1 Like

Name: Billy Valentine
Server: Barri, EU Central
Issue: Above the health bar, short buffs such as boost are not shown.
Bug or exploit: Bug
Effect: I don’t know when buffs work.
steps: No steps, it’s a constant problem. I tried to relog and change various settings.
When: the first time about a month ago.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: xxXHeisenbergXxx

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East (Valhalla)

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: I have a negative item buff on my strenght attribute.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I have less strenght attributes.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

item buff

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I do not know how it started, but I do know that if I upgrade my items with gypsum, the negative buff increases even more. For example, it was at -2 STR first. After upgrading an item, it increased to -3 STR.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): 09/25/2022 around 7PM ET.

• What is your character name in New World: UndeFugiMa
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree EU
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Heavy armor gives less resistance than light armor (20% light and 18% heavy )
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I kept getting one shot in arenas !!!
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO !

I asked some other people wearing heavy armor and its the same for them !