[Megathread] New World Update 1.7.0 Bug Reporting

I encountered this issue too. Castle of Steel.
Seems like there is a misalignment of this area (Skysong Temple) for some reason, or perhaps the entirety of Ebonscale had to be shifted and someone forgot to check Skysong to make sure all assets are where they supposed to be.

1 Like

Tenpest Replica Weaponsmithing Recipes are all missing from the craft station.

See this thread for a full discussion. It’s being looked at.

Probably stating the obvious, but I assume you’ve verified your steam game files? Most completely game breaking problems like this are caused by corruption.

@Luxendra @Shadow_Fox @Aenwyn

The following quest-related enemies no longer give rewards upon death (including XP) outside of quest items: The “Manticore”

So where exactly will weapons like Stonehewer (NWDB) drop now?

They are being reenabled this update.

1 Like

The quests are re-enabled, but the rewards are cut from the bosses outside of quest items aka the Greatsword I linked will be completely unavailale.

You didn’t even read my post…

I did read your post and I interpreted the update post in a different way. Those three enemies before this patch weren’t dropping any rewards (including XP) and this update would enable the normal drops.

I’m gonna point something out then:

The following quest-related enemies no longer give rewards upon death

Don’t know what mental gymnastics are necessary to reach your conclusion, but sure.

If the Schematics is able to be looted and to be learned, I don’t understand why it’s not allowed to be crafted? There’s no other special or different requirements or materials from the PTR and on Live to depicts there’s “more to come” to craft this weapon. Why put the schematic to be learned and not be able to craft it when most players already have the available means to craft it?

A blanket statement for the Craftsman’s Passion is not slated to be enabled in tonight’s patch is a bit vague. What’s the reason for this and other lootable and learned Great Sword schematics cannot be crafted? The community is owed that much. You guys put in the game to be crafted and utilized but now we’re being told it’s not available? Why? We’re owed that much of a explanation.

I apologize if I sound a bit reactive, It’s been one of the most viewed and sought out Great Swords to craft since the PTR and now that it’s “live”, players can’t craft it and we don’t know “why”.

• What is your character name in New World: LUNI5

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can’t reach some furniture after update.

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): BUG.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t pick up furniture and design the house.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Dev work :slight_smile:

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: screenshot

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:Go to the T4 housing in Everfall…

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Major redesign of Everfall Since launch of Brimstone.

*Please make a button to pick up all furniture to your storage. *

1 Like

Exact same issue, handed in the quest and not able to progress now. Quest is not in the journal either.

• What is your character name in New World: Belator x

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of steel

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot craft the craftmans passion schematic despite having all the materials and tier 5 forge

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)

• What is your character name in New World: Alixea

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: All of the Barkimedes Expedition Quest don’t actually drop any bones.

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): This is a Bug i would think.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Well there is 2x quests “Bones for Barkimedes (Expedition)” & “More Bones For Barkimedes (Expedition)”

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Unable to complete the quest and no bones are dropping from the NPC after being killed

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: happens everytime you accept the quest you cannot complete and have to abandon.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) After the latest Patch which included Brimstone Sands.

1 Like

Consumables dupe?
Nick: Kodem
Server: Atlantis
I was about to send the video by email thinking it was an xploit or dupe, but apparently it’s just a visual bug. In fact they should investigate it well.

The steps and all the necessary information are in the video, if more information is needed let me know.

• What is your character name in New World: Landoro Jamal;

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri;

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unable to complete the quest “Keen Temper” after completing the last step of the quest which is “Create the Keen Temper” sword. I have tried resetting the quest to re-craft the sword but the quest still won’t complete after crafting the sword for the second time. I currently have 2 Keen Temper swords on my inventory as seen in the screenshots;

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug;

• How did the issue effect your gameplay: Cannot complete the quest;

• Were you able to recover from the issue: No. Resetting the quest did not work;

• Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Collect items requested by quest, go to the forge, craft the sword;

• When did this happen? October 19t, and October 20th around 1pm GMT;

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Bas Putnik
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: l.click stops working
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cannot attack, so cannot play
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: restarting the game clears the issue
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: did not make any since it’s not verry visual :slight_smile:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: not sure, it happened 2 times while using g.sword in new zone while fighting during active loading so i leveled it and stoped using it but just now was affected when using a Warhammer teleported out of new city to shrine near the scorpion den engaged an angry earth mob found out i cannot attack
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): yesterday and today 15:50 gmt+3
1 Like

Hi Belov,

Thanks for the link to the exact quest, I did do this quest, and the issue was my character not advancing post quest. one reason why I showed the next quest unlock in the screenshots.

And update, logging in this morning the issue is resolved.

Thank you everyone for your hard work with all the bugs post update!

OPR respawn not psbl

@Maselbart

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: drewst’r
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: In order to complete the quest “Tracking the Huntress” you finally are able to craft the named item The Huntress. Upon crafting the item, the game somehow is not able to track that the item has been crafted and will not allow me to turn in the quest.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): Its for sure a bug.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I am unable to complete the quest line and it is quite aggravating.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I did the quest and crafted the item.
  • When did this happen? 10/19/2022 at around 4 PM CST
2 Likes