[Megathread] New World Update 1.7.0 Bug Reporting

What is your character name in New World: F04Junk13
What server/world did you experience your issue on:Yggdrasil
Describe the issue you are experiencing: At least one Town Mission Board explorers neede quest location not showing up within the map boundaries
Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated 40): bug
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: unable to complete the quest
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no, restarted game, verified files
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: attached
What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 10/22 and 10/23/2022 CST Time Zone

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Sids

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Plentiful ammo is still 9%

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Ridiculous added cost to using a ranged physical weapon that no other class has and the patchnotes say it would be returning ammo from any hit not just 9% of the hits.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, ammo is an extra unnecessary and archaic added tax

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Have musket/bow/blunder shoot it, dont receive ammo back

• When did this happen? Currently.

Susanna is not respawning on the new spot either. Some people say gator spawned in the rock textures and is not reachable. This is quite a big issue since it is blocking from story line progressing literally every new player.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: KayleSupportMain
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Olympus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: New World stops responding when…most anything combat related happens.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit?: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Immensely. Most content is off the table for me. Has been since the patch. Rather than attempting the new content, I have had to poke and prod beginning zones just to see what I can do without having to End Task via Task Manager, restart the game, see if I am dead or not, and try something else.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Not constructively.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: There is nothing to see. The game just blanks to black screen windowed.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: The shortest method I have found is to press R rapidly several times…even in town. I have a Greatsword Equipped with the skill SKYWARD SLASH bound to R.
    HOWEVER: This same issue crops up from nearly any string of actions in combat with an enemy unit that does not die from a single hit like rabbits. It is even present when combat is in periphery, but isn’t my charcter fighting something (such as world tours).
  • When did this happen? Constantly since the patch launch.

Surely, if I can 100% CONSISTENTLY recreate this issue…in town…from pressing a single button approximately 4 times, then the issue is recreateable and researchable. Please tell us how much longer we have to deal with this.

Let me further clarify… This has NEVER occurred from gathering, crafting, equipping/unequipping, trading, browsing, moving items, using consumables, walking, dodging, decorating, or interacting with chat. The issue is tied to combat.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: thebelighted

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:US East Frislandia

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Executioner quest won’t progress the ‘Create the Executioner’ after creating the weapon

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [[Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ] ([Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated)): Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t complete quest

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Attempt to create executioner at mourningdale forge but forge was tier 2, not tier 3. Had to travel to different town to forge. When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 7:40pm Central time on 10/23/22

1 Like

This is being worked on and on the known issue list.

Character Name: Ithaqua94
Server: Themiscrya
Problem: Falmea’s Wrath Quest did not get marked as completed after crafting item.
Bug: Yes

So after crafting the item, the quest tracker itself was not marked as completed. Pictures of proof:
Item itself

Quest

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Ravvy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can not respawn to my Brimstone Sands house when it is my nearest house.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It’s just annoying, not game breaking.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I spawn elsewhere and port to my house/the inn/fast travel.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Apologies for the images, I keep for getting to take live screenshots so grabbed from my stream. You can see house recall button on the town shows as active/available (I just bought it so taxes aren’t due yet.)

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Uh, I die in Brimstone Sands and it happens every time.
  • When did this happen? Around 9pm Eastern in this instance.
1 Like

Character Name: Puccini
Server: Devaloka
Problem: Some skills are giving stagger and canceling some actions, and they should not do this.

• I got Petrifying Scream when i use ice tomb and canceled my skill. Today i got so many times having staggers from skills and basic atacks and everytime cancel my actions, sometimes i got my ice tomb animation and becouse the stagger canceled. Basic atack of Spear and others weapons is canceling actions too with staggers.

Is your Window’s Date Time set to auto? If not, can you set it to auto?

• What is your character name: Ryshel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unable to start the “Wilderness Wiseman” quest to upgrade Camp from Tier 1 to Tier 2.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to progress with Camp Upgrades. Can not skip Tier 2.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No recovery possible.

Basically, looking at YouTube videos, this quest should be given by Knight Regent Jin-Jae in Prydwen. However, that NPC is missing and therefore, is not able to give the quest.

This Error occurred again:

• What is your character name in New World:
    Ashmodean
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:

I put up a Pattern for Sale in the Trading Post but canceled it before being sold. The Item was never returned to my inventory.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  1. Place the Item in the trading post as a sell order.
  2. exit trading post.
  3. cancel the sell order (only occurs for items placed after the update.)
  4. Item did not return to my inventory.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone
    October 23th 2022 around 11pm MST
1 Like

why is this not purple in pvp track? not my first blue/rare shield too. kites and towers have this issue

Seems like they’re both off by the same amount. Potentially a named mob is not actually adding to the score as that seems to be the only difference.

You can see you got 6000 named score for the one that was correct but 7800 for those that were incorrect.

1 Like

Neither Gravity Well Burst or Burst Perk count as melee or ranged damage.
and arnt buffed by ranged/melee buffs

I have a problem concerning leeching heals from Void Gauntlets perks only (skill tre perks and voracious blade) :

• What is your character name in New World: Dr. Remi Sorael
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Thule
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Leechings heals from the following void gauntlet perks doesn’t apply to health : Leeching blade, Leeching agony, and Voracious blade. When those perks procs, I see the green numbers pop up, indicating that the heals procs, but this heal isn’t applied / transfered to my health bar. As for the result, the heals appears on my screen but I don’t regen. To give more precision, the heals from the ring perk Punction works fine. This problem was discovered after watching others in youtube video, where leeching heals from perks like Trenchent recovery apply immediatly to their health bar.
  • Is this a bug? (If this is an exploit, please follow the steps here: a bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: I can’t regen my health nearly as much as I should with my build.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I’m not near of a streamer enough to do something like that.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Test with a character having those perks on him and in full heavy armor.
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) I became aware of this the 23/10/2022 European time zone.
  • What is your character name in New World: ElChupacabra
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Named items still dropping under 590 GS.
    As per patch notes: “For Tier 5, Named items that used to drop between 500 Gear Score and 600 Gear Score, have been set to always drop at 590 Gear Score.”
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: You can’t upgrade low GS item with shards, rendering the drop useless.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Kill monsters, luck the item. Chances are, you still get under 590 GS if you could before the patch.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): Around 24. oct 16:00 GMT+3 perhaps. Timestamp doesn’t matter as it happens to everybody.
  • What is your character name in New World: EhsanParadox
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on Fae
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:so when I did this quest line attacking this elite boss, the game sound went missing, my friend has an issue telling me right now
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I try it to log out and re-login not fixed
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:Screenshot (58) — Postimages
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you experienced: try it verify cached 10 times, and reinstalled my game not working again,
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)10:05 PM GMT 3:30
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: HystericalAutumn

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Niflheim

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: My Vinespun Weapon skin is changing the weapon model but the color effects is nothing but white on some weapons or no effect at all.

• (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: It does not affect my gameplay in a statistic way.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes it is active

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Re-apply the skins will show the correct model but not the colors or effect. Here is some pictures of my character, the weapon model/colors and effects works as it should during the skin selection preview but once applied it the color and effects is gone. I have tried with other armor skins to.

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) This skin worked correctly during the time i got the skin wich was in 2021, and after i returned now 2022 it is broken for me atleast. I have done a Steam integrity check and i have tried other weapon types and it is not working as intended.

1 Like

ENTOMBED ABILITY BROKEN

• What is your character name in New World: Rabadaba
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: all servers i’ve played on
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: There is a bug with ice gauntlet ability entombed. Sometimes after you cast it and are entombed your character is frozen in position. You can not exit the tomb or perform any actions. You can not move, dodge, anything. You stand there after the ice melts with your arms crossed forever. If you are lucky someone kills you so it resets. If not you have to shutdown the game. It has happened in open world pvp and also in wars.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ):
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It completely breaks the ability.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) It has happened multiple times over the last several months.
1 Like