[Megathread] New World Update 1.7.0 Bug Reporting

• What is your character name in New World: Raderon
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Barri
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: It all started with crocodiles

Can’t damage boss, cant’ revive near last crystal, do not receive damage from bosses and earthly objects, etc., etc…

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Errors - Google Drive
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I do not know
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) +3 gmt 20:00+
1 Like

I’m VERY curious as to why Craftsman’s Passion and Rough Edge were disabled. Is it mainly because of the 3 perks associated to Craftsman’s Passion and Rough Edge? Did the feedback include playing explaining the perks are “too OP” for either or and needed a knee jerk reaction to change perks?

I have a the same perks of the Craftsman’s Passion on a non-named Hatchet that was looted from Barnacles and Blackpowder ~month ago and it’s a very nice Hatchet. What’s to say the same perks as Craftsman’s Passion can be dropped from Mutations or even Elite Chests as a Greatsword? So, if the combination of those perks can still be looted from Mutation drops or Elite Chests, what’s the issue with Craftsman’s Passion? I don’t understand what the deal is disabling it when you’re just going to change out the perks anyway just like you did with Blackguard’s Firestaff where on patch, it changed from Plagued Strikes to Refreshing Evasion without disabling Blackguard’s Firestaff from being dropped, crafted or utilized. Something isn’t feeling right about this whole thing disabling the Craftsman’s Passion and Rough Edge. I get the feeling It’s something more demanding than just changing the perks around to satisfy the “OP nerf crowd”.

As for Rough Edge, Keen/Vicious/Keenly Jagged. How is this even considered to be disabled also? There’s PLENTY of Orichalcum weapons currently on TP’s everywhere that have those three perks combined and in no way are they “OP” in combination.

Furthermore, 8 out of 9 weapons currently on the NWDB site under Weapons > All Weapons, all have Thwarting Strikes and Keenly Empowered combined. So, the Vicious has to be the “over powered” perk here for the Craftsman’s Passion to be disabled since the other eight (8) weapons have never been disabled to be crafted. Craftsman’s Passion is the only weapon out of the 9 with Vicious. It’s unique in that way where no other weapon regardless of having Thwarting Strikes and Keenly Empowered together is making that particular Greatsword “that op”. If that were true, then every weapon with Thwarting Strikes and Keenly Empowered would have not been able to be crafted since both of those perks together DO make weapons more powerful over Keen or Vicious or combination of both. A Keen/Vicious/Thwarting Strikes OR Keen/Vicious/Keenly Empowered Greatsword won’t make that “OP”.

On the Onslaught skill tree for Great Sword, the minor trait “Unstoppable Cuts” has grit while performing the ability “Crosscut”. That’s the ONLY minor trait for the Onslaught skill tree with Grit.

On the Defiance skill tree for Great Sword, the ability “Calamity Counter” and minor trait “Unflinching Blade” both have grit applied either when using the Calamity Counter ability and/or charged Heavy Strikes with minor trait “Unflinching Blade”. With 300 Strength, you receive grit which makes total sense if you are a pure Strength build, mainly Tanks or Bruisers to have grit. Does not mean Thwarting Strike is “OP” because of Grit.

I don’t know what source this “Player Feedback” is from which made the impact to quickly disable those two particular weapons to be disabled, but, if they think Thwarting Strikes, Keenly Empowered and Vicious on the Greatsword is “OP”, well, I’m sorry, but the feedback from those players to the PTR Feedback has been informed wrongly since there’s PLENTY of those types of Orichalcum made weapons in game already and people are using them but they are not disabled. Something’s not right with disabling those specific weapons. :man_shrugging:

The Hatchet “Static Shock” has only 15 STR at GS 600:

Should be 30 STR. It is not a Sword.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World:
    f7sapper

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    US East- Frislandia

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    I completed 2 quests- Hope Manifest and Executioner- the weapons were crafted after collecting all items and it will not give me credit for completing the quests.

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ):
    Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    Both of these quests are over 4,000XP each and therefore slowing character leveling.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No.

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    I reset both quests and had the same issue.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)
    10/24/2022 between 10am-12pm, Central Time Zone.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: lightatnight
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Aaru
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Reliquary in Tempest’s Heart disappeared before reaching Isabella, not allowing for further progress
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Wasted an Expedition run and about 1h of my time. Caused extreme disappointment in 5 players, ruining their evening.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: /
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Take it from the altar, then somehow lose it (by probably using the altar a 2nd time, idk what exactly happened)
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): 10:45 PM CEST

They’re working on fixing these.

• What is your character name in New World: Ben Beckman1
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I am short just over 1k hp. None of my gear or attribute point have changed.try taking of all jewelry and equipt it again. Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
    *(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: less health die faster. Awesome
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What is your character name in New World: Phel’lan

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Missing Lore Note in Ebonscale Reach: “Cursing at the Sky”

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): N/A, BUG

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I am trying to collect all the lore notes from Ebonscale Reach but this one is missing.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Just go to the indicated location on attached screenshot on my server: no lore note.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone: Today and Yesterday. 10/24-10/26/2022. EST.

• What is your character name in New World: Trisfall
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Olympus
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Fast traveling to house in Windsward, character falls through floor to ground.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Have to press L to exit house or unstuck
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, just press L to tp to outside of house
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Fast traveling house
  • What is your character name in New World: Puccini
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: when i cast by keyboard double tap “Q” + “Q” skill aoe (Pilar of fire and ice storm), the cast is having a delay, and when i press keyboard “Q” + mouse1 button goes normal like before this patch.
  • Is this a bug? yes
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: gameplay stay clunky and wierd.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: When i use Keyboard to use double click at “Q” + “Q” the pilar of fire is having a delay to cast, but when i use “Q” + “mouse1 button” the pilar of fire cast at normal speed , like before the update. The Ice Storm is the same thing.
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) Since patch of Brimstone Sand came. Before this patch was normal.

terrain clipping

This page is actually present, but at a different location.

1 Like

Getting this exact bug. Same Server.

• What is your character name in New World:EhsanParadox
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:Fae
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:can’t use create camp
  • Is this a bug or an exploit Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: can’t create camp in any area of aethernum
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: yes
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:Screenshot (59) — Postimages Screenshot (60) — Postimages
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: log out completely and log in again, verified cache 10 times. reinstalled new world again,not fixed
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)1:10 PM 3:30 GMT

Recalling to the inn does not trigger this as completed. Running out to get the “check-in at the inn” message and then coming back into town did not fix it. Using unstuck didn’t fix it, and gathering something outside of town and then coming back into town didn’t fix it.

There wasn’t a quest marker, so I ran back to the tavern where Leovix Silva had a grey marker over his head. When I got a few feet in front of him, the marker turned green and I was able to complete the quest.

• What is your character name in New World: Jinjirou

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tartarus

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Lasting consumption from legendary bags dont work on certain food items: here see Aeternum Sturgeon Grilled Fish Plate

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Well i payed for the convenience soooo would be great if this is fixed, hopefully this is just this food item

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no other food items need to be used since its a waste compared to different food

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: see below

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: equip bags with lastig consumption and eat food

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone11:00 am CEST
    grafik
    grafik

here is the link to my initial post.

• What is your character name in New World: Suzutai
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yggdrasil
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Faultless Defender in the Greatsword tree is not reducing the stamina damage of incoming attacks properly. It is rending the enemy though. The window to make the block is also so small that it is extremely difficult to test and verify, much less use effectively.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: It makes the Defiance tree a lot weaker because blocking with the GS is effective in neither PVE nor PVP.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Block an attack without Faultless Defender. Note the stamina cost. Then block an attack with the Faultless Defender triggered. Note the stamina cost.

how are they 100% guaranteed? lol . that’s why expensive

Thanks Jake. I’ll check it out. That’s very strange because I watched a YouTube video of a guy getting it from my spot and one of the New World maps I’ve never seen wrong before said my location. Did it move after launch? I appreciate it!