[Megathread] New World Update 1.7.0 Bug Reporting

• Character name: Warwook
  • Server: Barri
  • Issue: Part of new House layout floating in air. To clarify, this is not a housing item for players, but an actual element/prop of the house. A lantern floats mid-air instead of being attached to the actual house.
  • It’s a bug
  • Does not affect gameplay
  • Reproduce by: When entering Everfall/Oxboro from the South, go to the first house to the right. See screenshot
  • Date/Time: Oct, 28 - 4pm BST

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Gorin Stormblade

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Tir Na Nog

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:

1. Started syndicate faction quest called Purge: Meadow Lake fishery and it’s location was way off the map. Going to Dustmeadow and killing The lost did not work. Enemies were Meadowlake villagers and entities.

2. Game says not checked in when leaving Prydwen city, although i am checked in there.

3. Couple earthspines were floating in the air near Divine Rise

4. Dragonglory was almost too high, nearly not being able to be gathered. Near Divine Rise

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): These are bugs

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: 1. Could not complete faction mission. Some other faction missions are like this aswell (location way off the map, killing etc at actual location does not register towards progression and i’ve reported those using ingame feedback system.

1. Did not affect, notification was false.

2. Could not gather earthspines

3. Did not affect, but could use moving the item lower.

1. Find certain dragonglory and notice you have difficulties gathering it.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) October 28th, 18:03 UTC + 3
  • What is your character name in New World: Handandan
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: i lost the quest to get my teir 5 azoth staff
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: i can not do a lot of the new content solo
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no, i need that staff
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) i did not notice until after the update
2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Magikarprule
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Caer Sidi
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Named items dropping at 590 Gearscore and 593 Gearscore
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Gearscore of the items seems inconsistent, lower than expected.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes as I was not planning to use those items
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Screenshot_20221028_210601

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: I was running Normal Genesis with a party, got these drops from 2 different enemies. If I get this issue again I’ll edit this post with the exact enemys.

• When did this happen? 28/10/2022 - 20:44 BST (UK Time) and again roughly 10-15 mins after that.

• What is your character name in New World: TorinHidden

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Eden, Ohonoo, and Currently Orofena

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: When you are looking at other players in the social panel or in the war/invasion roster screen, hovering over them brings up a more detailed player info card. That card is supposed to show what company the player is in, but it only does so for maybe 10% of players if that. This feature has been broken for more than half a year now. I have reported it in game every single patch and it is never addressed.

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: For company leaders it is incredibly frustrating to never be able to see what company other players are in unless you are standing next to them in game. It leads to increased confusion and increased gatekeeping of wars and invasions since I will only interact with people who are in contact with me via discord because the games social features are so broken/lacking.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Not really

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Every single day for months

2 Likes

Same issue here.
Kane Redfeather
World: Themiscyra
Rory Davies does not offer another quest after turning in Soulwarden Rations.

What is your character name in New World: Ben Beckman1
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can’t do quests gather intel (PVP)
(if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: -
(if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
(if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What is your character name in New World: Demaris

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Eden

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can’t make infused gypsum casts of Greatsword

• Is this a bug or an exploit bug: Bug bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I can’t make infused gypsum casts of Greatsword to increase my expertise!

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: open the gypsum kiln and try to make an infused gypsum cast of greatsword

1 Like

Everytime the game opens these are always set back on and never stay off.

• What is your character name in New World: Drucif

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steal

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: tier 5 named item did not drop at 590 as expected.

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unexpected gear score of drop. with rarity of drop, probably unlikely to farm for a 590 GS.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: during a daily WT at

• Forecastle Drift. Dropped from ‘‘The Siren’s Fist.’’ Didnt check GS until at storage.
    When did this happen? 10/29/2022 ~2:00AM EST

note: got terracrush later in run at the expected 590 GS.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: EisaK
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Thula (eu central)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: wont allow me to transfer to us east because character slots are full but I dont have any characters created on that region.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Not allowing me to transfer to the server with my friends.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no :frowning:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811923979274420245/1035797752535318558/unknown.png
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: try to change region
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 7am GMT + 1
  • What is your character name in New World: Bellig
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: PTR 1 US EAST but haven’t tested on Live since I don’t have the skill.
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I don’t see the glowing animation for the Detonate Heartrune ability. (I only see the final explosion)
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Affects combat as I cannot see the animation, both PVE and PVP
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: NO
    nw_detonate.gif (800×335) (discordapp.com)
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Use any Detonate Heartrune Ability
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Oct 28-29

I have attempted file repair, and set my video settings to both Minimum or Maximum, no difference.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Demaris
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Eden
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: When I look at my Documents in my Journal, if I select a new Topic, it doesn’t show me the chapters under that topic, instead it keeps showing me the chapters on the topic I previously selected.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: makes it hard to look and see what documents I do and don’t have
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: if I click through to one of the chapters and hit back it’ll usually go to the new topic finally
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: open the Documents page on the Journal and try to select a new Topic
  • Character Name: NoctisetLux
  • Issue that occurred: fire staff refreshing burnout/empowering fireball crit chance bug
  • Time and Date: 10/28/23
  • World/Server: Orafena
  • Location where issue occurred: Everfall army tent
  • Any steps that can be taken to reproduce the issue: equip a fire staff and armor with crit chance, refreshing burnout, and empowering fireball. Use burnout to proc refreshing burnout effect then use fireball. Fireball will not crit. A company member and myself tested this 20 times each with zero fireball crits even though we had crit chance

Had 595 expertise on Great sword. Made a Gypsum cast and opened a 595 great sword… no upgrade. What is this nonsense?

Edit: Had 600 Gear Score already. I guess it snuck up on me that day and forgot to edit this.

Greatsword Infused cast still missing.

• What is your character name in New World: HeartBreakerTV
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Each time upon loading into the world, frames are very very low (30-55) for the first 5-10 seconds and then they go up to normal numbers. Consistent every single time I open the game. Started with Brimstone sands.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Simply open the game, pick your character, and load in.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): Everyday starting with Brimstone Sands update.
  • What is your character name in New World:

Old Man Arahor

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:

Dry Tree

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:

The Harbinger items (ex: Harbinger of Destruction) does not drop as 590, even if they are considered named items. It also does not have that flashy tooltip the named items has. It’s listed as a named item on the database, so I assume this is unintended.

• Is this a bug or an exploit

Bug, most likely.

• How did the issue affect your gameplay:

It still prevent people to farm them “decently” since it’s out of the new system for named items, this will just cause the item set to become neglected and sort of forgotten since many wont bother burning themselves out at this gamble.

• Were you able to recover from the issue:

No, as soon as we found out, we all left. It is just no point, nor worth the time and effort considering the horrible drop rate. We did get two drops in our time there, chest and gloves, the chest had a gear score of 500, the gloves 567gs.

• Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Will attach to the message. Mind you, I’m 99% certain this is the case for ALL items that belong to the Harbiner set collection, that would be like 15 items or so that are currently bugged at this writing moment. Maybe this is fixed on the current PTR @Luxendra can maybe look into it?

Head over to Scorched Mines for example, and kill the Scorchvein Supply Guard since they have the highest chances of dropping it. Then be very lucky that they will drop, easiest would be to just look at the source of these items with some dev magic to see that they don’t work as intended.

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone)

I personally discovered this on the 30th October at about 7PM CET, but I’ve seen multiplie reports and threads on the forum after discovering it that people have found out about this 8 days back or so now.

• What is your character name in New World: BravoScene

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Themiscyra

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unable to damage or receive damage from bosses in their own arenas. Also worth noting, it might be the game just not recognizing me in the instance, I walked past the respawn shrines of dungeons and it didn’t set the new respawn location for me if I died.

• How did the issue affect your gameplay: Unable to help kill bosses in dungeons.

• Were you able to recover from the issue: No, a hard restart of the game, and character logs, but nothing fixed the dungeon. It has happened in the new Ennead Dungeon, and also Garden of Genesis.

• Where you can utilize this exploit: Technically yes, you can’t receive boss damage, so if anyone in your team goes down, you can revive them for free, without the risk of being damaged and knocked off the revive.

• How did you find this exploit: Randomly happened to me in Ennead, thought nothing of it, got my spot replaced, then it happened in Genesis.

• Is it reproducible? If yes, please list the steps: unknown at this time

• Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Clearly standing in an acid pool of the final boss of Garden of Genesis, and not taking any damage.

• When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone)

‎Sunday, ‎October ‎30, ‎2022, ‏‎2:30:37 AM PT
*I play on a US EAST server, so server time would have been 5:30:37 AM

Looks like we have old agro back on this last patch. KI runs away even if you have aggro to the healer to hit him and come back same happens in dynesty on M10 on the barrel that makes you start the event over and over again. ppl agro enemys and they turn on you wile you fight. this problem was already solved once and looks like its back to the game.