[Megathread] New World Update 1.7.2 Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

We are creating a thread in order to track new bugs that popped up due to the most recent update, Update 1.7.2.

You can find our Known Issues list for the Brimstone Sands Update here and the Update 1.7.2 Feedback Megathread here.

Please use the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated):
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for keeping this thread solely on the bugs you are experiencing.

3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Manioszka
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: hatchet “berserk” ability is unusable - after I activate it once it stays on cooldown forever, the ability icon is grayed out as if it was in use with no timer
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated): bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I’m unable to use berserk
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no, restarting game doesn’t fix it, it will stay on colldown after using it once
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: enable berserk ability after restarting the game, it will stay on cooldown forever
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 16 Nov after patch
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Kharonx
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Fae
    for me any many other people the game keeps crashing as soon as you press the login button with your character - seems like a general problem
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ):

“AbilityID”: “Runeglass_Just_Melee_Armor”,
“AbilityID”: “Runeglass_Just_Melee_Weapon”,
“AbilityID”: “Runeglass_Just_Ranged_Weapon”,
“AbilityID”: “Runeglass_Just_Ranged_Armor”,
“ActivationCooldown”: 1,

Punishing and Sighted runeglass still have Activation cooldown 1. meaning they only proc on 1 hit per second

7 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Snayks v2
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devourer
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): Captain Korrapati isn’t spawning and stopping MSQ progression.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I cannot progress MSQ at level 17.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: I have deleted temp files and verified game files. neither worked. multiple people are having this issue.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: n/a
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: just create a new character on a fresh server and see if you can get past the MSQ quest “Jewel of the Sea”
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) 11-16-2022 at around 3:30am PST
1 Like

I believe this could just be a UI issue, have you been able to proc Beserk again?

• What is your character name in New World: Nieoh Zenno

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Minotaur

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: I get kicked after 5 minutes logged in and have to restart the whole game to play 5 more minutes before being kicked again.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I literally cannot play.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Login, play for 5 minutes, get kicked. Try to log back in, get this error

• When did this happen? 11/16/2022 7:58am EST

Yes, it suddenly started working again after 1h or so. No idea what caused it or what fixed it.

1: achievements STILL missing relogging doesnt work

2: turkey not dropping 5 legs per day as indicated (awesome coding job again)

3: turkey going invisible or some times 100% dissapearing from the map

4: as per chest runs fps going to 10-20 when the entire server is at one spot doesnt matter if its on low 108-p or 4k my native res,

5: GET RID OF THE FUCKING SPAWN TIMERS

all in all amazon another fucking useless trash event

may you get the pox for tranksgiving

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: ElliskaMM
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: ABATON - EU central
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Can not sell musical instruments. I tried the tier IV bass but couldn’t sell. Storage is not full, I have it in my bag, it is bind on equip so IDK where is the problem.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I cannot sell it, can’t make money.

It looks like diamond gypsum is not working again after the patch. Seems to happen with every update recently.

2 Likes

you get it from small turkeys now

• What is your character name in New World: Victimize
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Valhalla
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I have less life than before the patch. I had 10046 life points without buff food, now its only at 9547. I have not changed any armour pieces.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): bug?
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I’m even more squishy than before. I have to invest more points in constitution and probably will have to buy new gear for this.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Check my gear, I have no idea what happened.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Nov. 16, 22 8:45 am MT

This is pre-patch 1.7.2, just want to make sure it’s not getting lost:

• What is your character name in New World: Victimize

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: I looted the greataxe ‘Inner Peace’ from Dynasty expedition. In the expedition loot pre-check window it states that it will come with ‘Insatiable Gravity Well’. When I upgraded it to GS 600 it did not. It now has 'Vicious". Is this intended to happen?

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): bug?

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I wasted umbral shards and two runs on Dynasty to get it.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Go Dynasty, be lucky enough to get the loot. Upgrade to lvl 600, if it did not drop like that already.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Nov. 15, 22 9PM MT

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Klath Lester
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Mayari
    I am already past lv40 on the Main Story Questline, but the Wilderness Wiseman quest (around lv15) did not increase my camp level. So now I am one level behind on my camp and will never get it to lv5.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: I cannot upgrade my camp.

This has been happening with random abilities since the summer patch. You need to log out, verify your files and when you log back in it should be working again.

Try loging out and verifying your files in steam.

• What is your character name in New World: CellarPhantom

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Nysa

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Achievement page still not loading

• How did the issue effect your gameplay: A lot of the end game content is not really accessible = boring

• Were you able to recover from the issue: By playing an entire match of OPR it usually fix itself…

• Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Log in to the game

• When did this happen? It happens every time I log in. Today,
    yesterday. And for several weeks. I even remember having issues since launch. But it feels like it has been worse recently, and the latest patch didn’t change anything for me.

1 Like
  1. What is your character name in New World:
    -Thane Rigwald
  2. What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    -Barri
  3. Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    -When i enter quest log it shows nothing. When i close it my screen is still blurry (same like when you’re using crafting station etc.) to make it normal again i need to make some interaction like use craft station etc.
  4. Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [[Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ]
    -Bug
  5. (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    -Thats a major issue as i can’t check for example what kind of city project quests i need to do
  6. (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
    No its still occurs
  7. (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
    When open quest log:

When closing quest log:

1. What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    -Open the quest log manually or by using hotkey “J”
  2. When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)
    -Since yesterday evening 15.11.2022 ~22:00 UTC +01:00/ CET
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: BigZach
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The Turkulon food buff extension trophy does not stack with the Lasting Consumption perks from legendary bags
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: The trophy is useless for anyone with 3 legendary bags
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Equip 3 legendary bags and mount the Turkulon trophy, and consume any 40-minute food. The duration is still extended to just 1 hour, no stacking.
  • When did this happen? 1:30 pm eastern on 11/16/22
2 Likes