[Megathread] New World Update 1.8.1 Bug Reporting

• What is your character name in New World: LoadtheOrig

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Yanos

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unable to get tier 5 camp

• Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ):Bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Unable to build and use a Tier 5 camp

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:no

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: complete Azures Tears, report back to quest giver.

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)PDT, Today
    [/quote]
    According to forums here some were able to get thier 5 camp after the 1.7.2 build. I am on the 1.8.2 build and have not found any way to get my tier 4 updated to a tier 5, screen show shows that one of the quest gives IS not in the location she is supposed to be. 2nd picture is of the quest giver has no other quests , 3rd picture is of my current camp

You are missing the Weaponsmith’s temperament town buff

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Lilliana Moon
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: US East - Lilith
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Unable to fast travel, even while I’m at a shrine or inside a settlement. I can recall to my houses or inn, but even after doing that I still cannot fast travel at all. It says “You can only Fast Travel while in a Settlement, Outpost, or Spirit Shrine.”
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Unable to fast travel, so I have to run across the map or stick to the settlements where my houses or inn room are.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Relogging fixed it.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Was playing like normal and it was fine, then after running Wall I went to the shrine and noticed the bug.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): 1/19/23, 3:00 am - 3:30 am MST.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Emyssus
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Seer
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: MAIN STORY: Verdant Connections - Verdant Gemstone not found in inventory, unable to reset quest to a point where the gemstone can be obtained. Main Quest cannot be progressed.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Stops all Main Questing progress at level 16.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nope.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Picture a screenshot where there is an inventory space that should have a quest item, but instead the space is empty.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Not sure, I suspect accidentally dropping or placing the item in storage? Perhaps lock quest items to a player’s inventory?
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) A week or so ago. Maybe Jan 12ish.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World:

KV3SH

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:

Lilith

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:

Freeze in character animation while Great Sword unsheathed.

BUG

• (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay:

Character animation freezes.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:

Yes

2023-01-20_18-42-54 - YouTube

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:

UNsheathe Great Sword, walk

• When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone)

1/20/2023 at 5pm CDT

1 Like

I have found a bug, but dont really want to report it out in the open, since it is easily done and can effect the market. How can I report it without others seeing the post?

If you are trying to report an exploit, you can do so here.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Scaleform
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: AP Sutekh
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: It showed 595-600 on my crafting ui but it crafted less than the minimum gs shown
  • Is this a bug? Yes
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: I spent a lot of mats and its hard to farm those mats, especially the freedom perk
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: crafting bug - YouTube
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) January 22, 2023 8:30 pm (UTC +8)
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Puccini
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: After give a light or heavy atack and dodge to cancel walk animation and start running, the character is not doing that, he just continue walking after dodge, and is happening in basic atacks and skills of Fire Staff and Ice Gauntled.
  • Is this a bug? Yes
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: The gameplay stay clunky and locked.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: 2023 01 23 01 22 57 - YouTube. And this is on ptr how used to be ---->>2023 01 23 01 40 36 - YouTube
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) After Last PATCH , January 23, 2023 8:30 pm (UTC +8)

[quote=“Aenwyn, post:1, topic:815324”]

• What is your character name in New World: debukamaru
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Delos
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: enemies in shattered mountain respawn too quickly, few seconds and defeating them, i was doing faction quest in vehemence. Right after respawn they agro too quickly.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ):
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: enemies agro too quickly after respawn, unable to properly solo the game.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: kill the enemies in vehemence gate, wait few seconds and watch them respawn.
    [/quote] 1045 aedt 24/1/2023 1945 Kuala lumpur time, 24/1/2023
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Harryn
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Orofena
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: I cannot add friends or receive friend requests, keeps saying I’ve reached the friends limit (100). I don’t have 100 friends. I even removed some old friends, and still get the issue.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: I cannot add new friends I want to play with in the future.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No, has been happening for a while now.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: You can try adding a friend yourself and receive the error.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Put your cursor on the friend you want to add, tap H, then click on Add friend. No avail. You can also type in the player search field (bugged layout or not), and try adding a friend that way, no avail. Have the person you are trying to befriend add you as a friend, no avail.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone) Has been happening since the previous patch as well. More recently, 1/24/2023 11:46 PM EST and 1/25/2023 12:16 AM EST.
1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Chimpy McChimp
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Abaton
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: When aiming in with a ranged weapon, an intermittent issue occurs where it will cancel the aim/un-aim despite still holding the aim key/button down. This prevents you from shooting/releasing the arrow and even cancels some skills like Shooters Stance. Extremely frustrating and almost unplayable for range. This is impacting multiple users, not just myself.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit (if exploit, follow the instructions here: [Dev Blog] How to Report Exploits - Updated ): Bug.
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Makes it extremely frustrating, can literally change the outcome of an arena mode or fight in open world/OPR. As mainly an arena player who relies on quick snappy medium range shots chucked in with my melee combos, this is making the mode almost unplayable.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: It is intermittent, so no.
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: I don’t have a video at the moment, but if it is really necessary just playing for 15 minutes and I can guarantee it will occur multiple times.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Try to use the bow or musket aim, especially in high intensity moments, almost as if multiple inputs impacts its frequency of occurrence.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): Everyday for about 2 weeks.

I believe this may be the same issue - (Critical bug) the aim is constantly getting closed and open

This also occurred a few months back for around 3-4 weeks but then was fixed following a patch/update.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: JakeL
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: The “Prosperous Promise” ‘earring’ looks more like an amulet. The Health perk is also only supposed to roll on Amulets. I imagine it’s incorrectly tagged as an earring.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Minor
  1. Find item
  2. Mouse over and notice how it is the wrong type, it should really be an amulet.
    1/25/2023 6:53 pm EST
1 Like

I know this is a known bug issue and being looked into as I read through forums after I opened box so I am aware but just making my account known of issue as well

1 Like
  • What is your character name in New World: Uthdeth
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Syndicate PVP faction mission called Gather Intel (PVP) is not able to be completed. There is a quest marker at Devil Sea Arch, but nothing is there, and going to the Key of Werna shows a marked cache, but does nothing when opened.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Can’t complete quest
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Take the PVP mission Gather Intel for Monarch’s Bluff.
  • When did this happen? (Relative date and time; please include your timezone): 1/28/2023 3:00AM Central Standard Time.
  • What is your character name in New World: Witch Haggis
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: NONE
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: In NW servers, I have 2 toons and a “new server” spot free but only 1 server that I can switch to and I can not switch both to same server either
  • Is this a bug? Yes
  • (if a bug) How did the issue affect your gameplay: Can not play one of my toons
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Here is my 2 toons

And here is the server selection for the North West servers

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Tried logging out only to log back in, turned off game and verified steam
  • When did this happen? (Date and Relative time; please include your timezone) 1-28-23 I noticed it around 8:00am est
    This is the second bug I’ve found, thought there were three but one I found out is game mechs but this and my items from the TP both are bugged. The TP report is on my North East toon, Kelsuis on the sever Seer* and as stated, there is a report on that as well