[Megathread] Server Transfer Questions Megathread

I didnt think about it that way. Good point.

2 Likes

Being patronizing towards those of us who are obviously upset at this situation isn’t going to help. This thread isn’t for you, please continue your gathering and let us be.

1 Like

Well didn’t know you had the list of posters allowed to be in here.

Well I got past your guards so too bad.

How long will the free transfer be available?

1 Like

Currently, I have 112 Days before I can change Factions… If I move servers to play with friends, will I be allowed to change Factions again?

I understand folks are frustrated and their feelings are valid.
At launch we weren’t prepared enough for the volume of players we saw. We started running hard and fast to get as many people in and playing as possible. Then we wanted to make sure folks who had characters on a world wouldn’t lose access to playing them as even more people piled into queues to play, so we started marking servers as full. We have stood up a lot of worlds since launch 10 days ago, but some worlds still had very large queues while others had none. As folks landed in whatever servers were available to them character transfer plans became the next focus. After a miscommunication we said transfer would be possible between regions, there are technical reasons this isn’t possible.
Again I understand folks are upset and invested in the hours already played in game, balanced with their desire to play with friends, and not have to wait in queues. We are continuing to work to solve these issues the best we can. This character transfer is not the end of that effort. Just another way to reduce these issues for some players.
We will keep working very hard to make sure all our players feel their concerns have been addressed and they are happily playing.

7 Likes

I know you may not have it or it might be proprietary but for the techies in the audience can we have the breakdown on why it is not possible?

3 Likes

i am also curious as by not possible do you mean not possible for amazon currently, or not ever possible

1 Like

You guys should not have told us we could move between regions before you knew if that were true.

A lot of us made a choice to follow that advice and now we’re being asked to take another hit. It’s not cool. People are justifiably angry. I am frustrated. Do I re-roll? Do I maintain two different characters so I can play with the other half of my friend group sometimes? This is really crappy.

5 Likes

Based on the wording of separate databases it is possible that it wasn’t planned with it in mind and now it is like NOPE NOT DOING IT. And as a result, they may have to re-do the whole system which can take time. That’s just a guess though.

2 Likes

if other games have been able to do the region transfer. like a company like amazon no xd

3 Likes

Not a ton of info in here and may be completely different for Amazom but apparently wow can’t for technical and legal issues…

there is no technical reason why it isnt possible, every database dev in here is laughing out loud when they read this. the real answer is they may not have the tools implemented to make it easy for them to accomplish so instead of invest their own time to make it happen to rectify the issue they created they decided the more appropriate path is to save their own time and waste the time of their player base by making them reroll new characters and start over from scratch.

5 Likes

I am definitely out of my depth on those tech details but we understand this is important to understand I will work with the team to see if additional information can help shed light on the challenges.

5 Likes

You realize this means that all the players that moved to less populated servers as was encouraged now have no incentive or benefit from transfers, right? If players must sacrifice all they have done in a World Set (by deleting this character) to move an older character, then why encourage players to move to another server under the false pretenses of future server transfers being any kind of solution?

And if those same players cannot keep anything of their new character, then what exactly was the purpose of tying the idea of server transfers as any kind of solution?

The end result is that those players have simply moved to another server and a transfer does not serve them at all. We may as well have stayed where we were and not trusted that server transfers would provide any solution. Since, as has been emphasized so many times, this transfer process is still very much a “work-in-progress” I highly suggest this issue being addressed in that process.

2 Likes

not going to lie, i did not consider the legal aspect. writes this down

I saw that you will keep your faction and faction progress, but doesn´t mean that I won´t be able to play with my friends if they are in a DIFFERENT FACTION cause the 120 days period until I can change mine?. Will we be able to change faction at the moment of the transfer?

1 Like

Wow allows transfers from west coast to east coast tho, so why not y’all?

2 Likes

Good question, I will find out.

1 Like

If the problem is due to laws, I would think that we would accept different contracts but I think it is the same for all

1 Like