[Megathread] Server Transfer Questions Megathread

Update: US-West, US-East, and Central Europe now have server transfers available. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Update: Sydney and South America now have server transfers available.

Update: While you wait for transfers to become available in your region, you can plan which world to transfer to with this handy server population guide!

EN: Server queue size (US East) | New World
DE: Größe Queue-Server (US East) | New World
FR: Temps d'attente pour le serveur (US West) | New World

Greetings Adventurers!

Please put any of your Server Transfer questions in this thread below! The team will do their best to answer your questions in the thread.

Link to the Server Transfer Update: Server Transfer update

Thank you!

FAQ

In an effort to streamline this discussion we’ll surface all the questions we have answers to here and continue to work to get answers to open questions. We are going to do our best to answer questions as they come up. Please be patient with our community team as we are gathering answers as quickly as possible.

Will be be able to transfer as many times as we want?

• Everyone will get one token per account. Each transfer requires a transfer token As per our post here our team will continue monitoring world populations, queue times, and will evaluate the need for an additional wave of server transfer tokens to be given out for free.

Can we transfer from region to region, say from US East to US West?

• Transfers are only available within your region, each region is a separate database and it is not possible to re-assign as character to a different region.

So the “transfer to any server” statement issues earlier was not true?

• Unfortunately the original information provided was incorrect.

Are the Full Server status permanent, preventing new characters from being created on them?

• They are not permanent, we review the number of daily active players every day to determine Full status of servers. We will do a review prior to Character Transfers being made available.

How will companies of 100 people manage to get their entire group into their server?

• We encourage folks to organize server changes with their play groups. We understand that we may not be able to solve all these issues with one character transfer and we’ll continue to work with the community to ensure the majority of players are satisfied.

This means that the character I left behind on a high-population server to join with new friends on a low-population server cannot be transferred to my current server (since I would then have 2 in this World Set) unless I delete my current character here?

• This statement is correct, you cannot have two characters in the same world set let alone in the same world.

10/18 Updated FAQ

Hey everyone,
We have answers from the dev team to many of the questions that we have pulled from this thread! You can find them below:

Q: How many times will we be able to transfer for free? Will we be able to pay for server transfers after using the free tokens?
A: The initial release includes one transfer token, which is single use. We will continue to monitor the server populations, and if transfers result in uneven distribution that causes queues we will issue new sets of tokens where needed.

Q: When will “full” servers open for transfer? Will there be any monitoring of these servers to see whether or not they should be opened/closed depending on the flow of transfers?
*A: We monitor full status on a daily basis with changes as recently as today. “Full” doesn’t indicate a server that always has queues, it indicates a server that during typical peak usage has a substantial queue. We will be relaxing Full status on many worlds when transfers start, to allow the most flexibility possible. After transfers have slowed down we will re-evaluate which worlds might still need the designation.

Q: Is there a potential for regional transfers to come in the future?
A: There is potential, yes, and we are working on it now. Cannot provide an ETA because it is a very different process, but when we realized we had created confusion on this, we felt we owed it to the community to find a solution.

Q: Will all members of a large company be able to transfer over? Do we have a cap of how many people can transfer over to a certain server?
A: There is no technical limit to the number of characters that can transfer to a server. We also have addressed an issue that made moving a Company difficult: starting with the release of Server Transfers, when the last person leaves a Company it will be treated as abandoned and the name will be available seconds later. Note: you should NOT rename your Company if you intend to transfer it. That will make the old name unavailable on a new server. Full emptying the Company so it is abandoned will free the name up for re-use.

However large Companies should consider the implications of moving as a group to a busy server; this could cause the server to be Full status after the move. We will warn a full day ahead of time on any Full status changes in the first week of Server Transfers being available so as to not surprise anyone with a status change.

Q: Are there any plans on adding new worlds to x region/world set/recommended language?
A: As New World continues to attract new players we will evaluate server populations and open new servers as necessary, including making sure there is always a non-Full option for supported languages. We’ll also merge servers if needed to provide the best game play experience - even both at the same time (new servers and merged servers) as conditions require.

Q: Is there a time limit/time frame players need to use this token by?
A: No, it is available permanently on the account until used.

Q: Will we be expanding server capacity in addition to server transfers?
A: We’re always interested in providing the largest capacity that provides the best gameplay environment. We’ll increase here, as long as we are sure it doesn’t degrade gameplay - as many observant players have noticed, we are already experimenting with that on some servers. Also, as time goes on the world of Aeturnum will get larger, and that would allow better balance room for even more players.

Q: Are the tokens 1 per account or 1 per character?
A: Tokens are one per account. If we find transfers have created an imbalance on particular servers, we can re-issue tokens for those affected.

Q: Will we be able to move within the same world set?
A: Yes, you are able to transfer your character to a different world in the same world set.

Q: For players who are unable to transfer their character to their proper region, will there be some sort of xp boost or compensation available?
A: We heard the feedback from those affected by this issue and started work on cross-region transfers based on it. Unfortunately this will not be in the first release of transfers, but it is coming as soon as we can get it completed.

Q: Will we be able to provide an infographic ahead of time to help companies and players on their server transfer plans?
A: Yes, we are releasing an infographic with the most up to date, relevant information along with the transfer feature to help our players decide on the world they wish to transfer to,. We will update it daily afterwards for as long as seems necessary.

Q: Why did we make character and company names global if we can’t transfer across regions?
A: As mentioned, we are actually working on transferring between regions right now, so having global names will prevent some confusion that otherwise would have occurred. Companies also will be able to transfer (after the last person leaves the Company on the origin server, the name will become available - this is being delivered with Character Transfer).

After transfers have been used by those most interested (particularly cross region), we will be considering whether to switch naming limitations to per-region.

Q: Will there be a way to determine faction demographics on a server before transferring?
A: There is no out-of-game way to achieve this currently. Transfers themselves as well as players choosing to change factions could change demographics considerably, so any sample taken ahead of time might be misleading.

Q: How will town projects function if they are not on the same town board?
A: Transferred characters can still turn in town project quests that are in progress.

Q: Can you open the window of when you can transfer for longer so that if you do unlock the locked servers it gives people chance to get in?
A: Tokens are permanent until they are used (one use per token).

Q: Do you remain in your faction or will you have a chance to go to a different faction? What if I have already changed factions once before transferring?
A: Your faction status will be the same after transferring.

Q: If we own a region on our current server, will that affect our ability to delete the guild, if deleting the guild is required?
A: No, you can still remove all members from a Company that owns a territory.

Q: Can we get an answer on the go with high pop servers and transfers, especially in regards to the cases where people, have a character on the high pop server they wish to join, but have been focusing on a lower pop server for playtime. Can we delete existing character and transfer to that server with no troubles as the population will stay the same?
A: It will still be necessary to check the potential Full status on the server - if it is Full, you won’t be able to transfer to it even if you delete a character already on the server. Full isn’t set by number of characters, it’s set based on peak queue experience. We will be relaxing many Full status servers when transfers are released, and we will provide a full day warning on any server changing to Full status for several weeks after transfers are released, to prevent surprise moments of a server switching to Full (should that be necessary).

49 Likes
Free transfer from US to EU possible?
Character Transfer, same world set
Character transfer to different region
Global Cross-Region Gameplay Progression / Character Transfers / Server Switching
Server Transfer Question for one of the rules
Server transfers update?
Unlocking servers?
Be more transparent about what "Full" means
Can you elaborate on server transfer?
Refund process and template for EU players
Region transfer not happening?
Is there no chance of being able to move regions now with my character or is it they just don't want to give it away for free?
Players will be able to transfer regions as well?
Fraktionswechsel beim Servertransfer
World Transver words
Servers ARE unlocking
Server transfer between regions
Server transfers regions question
World set transfer - is this possible?
Server transfer US to EU?
2 Support questions
Can we get a clear answer on regional transfers?
Transfer to another region
ServerTransfer, per character
Server Transfers still not working, Server names are all numbers. No Dev updates in 5+ hours
Region Server Transfer Status
Used free transfer on Alt RIP
Fragen zum späteren Transfer
Server Auslastung | Inaktivität
Fraktionswechsel beim Servertransfer
Global Cross-Region Gameplay Progression / Character Transfers / Server Switching
They close the subject to silence criticism
Please reopen Tritonis
In the near time will there by a Server Region Transfer feature?
Server transfer in the same world set?
Can we get a clear answer on regional transfers?
Server Transfers news?
We need more FAQ on server transfers
Transferring Character within the US-...NOPE
1 Question About Character Transfer
Server Transfer Delay
Can we get a server transfer status update?
Please help me my AGS Family!
Regional server transfer needed
Waiting game, get your NW forum badges
Transfer and faction
Regional Server Transfer
When is Perseus getting status full
Why didn't I get the token for the transfer again?
[GMs Help] Server transfer help please
Can't play with my guild, stuck on a different server
Server Transfers from US East to US West?
Character creation or transfer
Server Transfer been used
I want to return to my old server!
Accidently transfered to wrong server

Will be be able to transfer as many times as we want? Can we transfer from region to region, say from US East to US West?

18 Likes

You have servers locked that are not full and have low population 100% of the time. Eg. Crommyon on AP SouthEast, when will you open it up for character creation or character transfers?

11 Likes

So the “transfer to any server” line was not true? Locked by region…

34 Likes

Will we be able to transfer within the same world set? I.e. I have a character in Arkadia Lambda and want to transfer that same character to another server in Arkadia Lambda.

7 Likes

We need region transfers. Alot of Eu players whent to US east to even be able to get on during day 1. It cant be that we have to stay there. Regions Has to be part of the transfer.

So heres my question:
Will you change the restrictions so regions can be swapped too or are our characters wastet ?

~Anabel the Grey

43 Likes

Are the server locks for character creation permanent? or will full servers become available for transfer over time? we have members that started on another server expecting to transfer to us at some point, but with our world being full, this still is impossible.

12 Likes

Piggybacking on Wyldfyre’s question, but are there updates on when the locked servers will be back open to transfer to? All of my friends are playing on Vingolf and I’ve made an account on another server to level so I’m not too far behind, but there’s no idea when I’ll be able to join them. Any clarity on that would be great :slight_smile:

7 Likes

How will companies of 100 people manage to get their entire group into their server?

3 Likes

Not being able to transfer within the same region is pretty disheartening. People choose a specific realm & realm set for many reasons, friends in other companies, some fun streamers to follow along.

Then people couldn’t play because of queues so we did what you asked, we had people roll on other realms so they could play, but we chose the same realm set, there was no mention of not being able to transfer within the same realm set till today.

So now there are people who listened to you, who are invested in their toons, but now are essentially up a bad creek without a paddle.

Can you please find a way to enable transfers to the same realm set?

Maybe make a virtual holding realm that toons can go to before going to the desired realm within the same world set.

Sincerely,

Many of us who listened to you and tried to do the right thing and don’t want to be punished for that.

43 Likes

I’m sorry, let me understand something about this. I started the game on Day 1 and encouraged friends to join around Day 4. I was located on a “full” server, and my friends could not join me. I followed the advice of the post and began a new character on a low-pop server with my friends and had to do so in another World Set (since you currently cannot have more than 1 in a World Set).

According to the Server Transfer Update post you cannot transfer a character to a server inside your World Set. This means that the character I left behind on a high-population server to join with new friends on a low-population server cannot be transferred to my current server (since I would then have 2 in this World Set) unless I delete my current character here?

Please, please tell me that is not the case. What sense at all would it make to encourage people to seek other, low-populated servers if I cannot bring anything I left behind? I stayed in my region, but could not stay in my World Set. There was no other way to do this unless I remained apart from my friends for the very vague hope of a future transfer we had no details about. What solution is a server transfer to this extremely common case under these terms?

9 Likes

We were promised regional transfers. I’m not rerolling.

62 Likes

I appreciate the difficulties involved in all of this - but can’t the EU servers that don’t actually seem full and don’t have large queues be unlocked for new characters to be created if server transfers are going to be delayed? It seems like that’s been done for US servers.

I missed the first couple of days and have been waiting to be able to actually play with friends on a different server. At this point, while I absolutely love the game, it feels like a waste of timing playing the character I have been because I’m playing on my own and missing a lot. At this point, I’d rather just start completely over if the chance is there - like I said, as much as I like the game, if it’s a case of waiting another week to play with friends like I bought it for, then I’ll probably just end up just end up shelving the game and it’ll feel like a waste of money even though it shouldn’t

3 Likes

Im hoping to understand why the decision to not allow players to transfer to full servers was put in place? Currently i would say a lot of player have friends or whole company’s on some of these servers and if the current max players on each server is not increasing as well then are these people just expected to wait for max players to grow? Why not allow people to transfer anywhere?

6 Likes

I think either I am misunderstanding what you have written or you have misunderstood what they have written.
I believe what they are trying to say is you can transfer to any realm as long as you don’t already have a character on that realm or the realm is full.
I think the wording of “world set” is misleading people.

What do people do that made character on US realms knowing they could move to EU later - this is now not possible. Crucially, we need to remember at the time there wasn’t a single EU realm without a queue. It took you another 24 hours to open EU realms (English language ones).

Secondly. The idea of “full” realms is a post-transfering realm/region addition. It’s not ok to now just say “sorry, you can’t move to a full server”. That information wasn’t available at the time.

So basically, what are you doing about it. We’ve got people who have found a home, and want our three friends who made chars on US realms to join us. Now, we’re on a full realm, and they’re on the US…

13 Likes

Are there any plans on adding few New Worlds?

Makes sense in my opinion - it`s weekend, many people are just starting their first experience with a game and majority of language biased servers are overpopulated (Central EU).

Also, it would be easier for group of people waiting for transfer option to consider fresh start in given region (no US → EU transfers etc? better to know sooner, then later…)

6 Likes

So we now can’t have people who made characters on another server (due to not being able to start on a server with their friends due to queues) jump to the “full” servers which was a term/condition you introduced?

I’m sorry but if we have a company of 60 people established on one server with say an additional 10 on another server what sense is there to make the 60 move (and delete the company and any territory we have) to a lower pop server when making 10 move is much simpler?

8 Likes

A World Set is a set of worlds (servers), and you cannot have more than 1 in a World Set. According to that post, you cannot transfer to a World Set where you already have a character.

This means that people that left for low-populated servers cannot bring their old characters or assets to their current world because they currently will have a character in that World Set.

5 Likes

Can you please let us know if you are working on adding region transfers in the future? I need to know whether to continue to put working into my level 40 or to jump ship. Thanks

17 Likes