[Megathread] Server Transfer Questions Megathread

Why are there still locked servers that have no queue and only 1000 people online at peak weekend time?

Hey everyone, I wanted to just confirm that we’re continuing to monitor this thread, collect your questions and feedback, and will provide answers as soon as possible.

5 Likes

Because, the amount of players registered to play on that server is at it’s limit based on data for average player count over a certain period.

This is what was advised a lot earlier in the thread.

Any news on server unlocks, some servers are not making much sense to be locked not even reaching 2/3 of cap during peaks

Hi I just want clarification on this line “You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.”

I have 1 character total in the game. I made it on another server within the same World Set as my friends with the intention of transferring to the world my friends are on. The wording on this is a bit confusing so will I not be able to transfer my character to the desired world because I made it within the same world set and the game will consider there to already be a character in the world set or am I misreading and because I’m just moving the one character between worlds in the world set I’m still in the clear?

Any clarification would be great on this cuz I’ve already invested a decent chunk of hours into this character and would prefer not to have to delete them and start over if it can be helped. Thanks!

Will what you provide be accurate this time around?

7 Likes

Zaos that was raised at the beginning of the thread - someone suggested people in that situation should get two transfer tokens, one to transfer the character you don’t want to play to a different world set, and one to transfer the character you do want to play to the right server within the same world set. NW_Mugsy said they would take that suggestion back to the dev team. So they’re aware of the issue.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for that. I was trying to dig through the thread but I must have missed that one.

I got the server I wanted, luckily. I knew it was to good to be true. Its so important to not mislead people in saying that they could transfer to ANY server. I am so happy I don’t have friends in the game because I would be extremely pissed and drop the game instantly. Sorry fellow players :frowning: never believe something til you see it, amazon did just that.

Please unlock the US East servers (eg. Tritonis), there are no queues and low player numbers.

It will be until they decide it isn’t. . .

What an annoying and terrible move. You could replicate the datasets across geos if you really wanted to. All my time wasted due to a lie on behalf of the dev team.
Great work.

2 Likes

@NW_Mugsy

Take a quiz to get an idea of what you need to do.

From: region / world set / world / faction / character name
To: region / world set / world / faction / company (friends)

1 Like

Thank you for the update! Hopefully there is enough constructive information in some of these posts to assist with the decision making and planning.

1 Like

As good as you MAY think that is, you’ve already lied to the community on multiple fronts within the first WEEK of game launch - and then took their money.

Now you’re trying to figure out how to make yourselves not look like a bunch of cockroaches.

Just so we’re clear.

3 Likes

This is extremely disappointing. I have several friends that started playing after my server was locked for new characters (despite having mimimal to no queue times). Now they will be unable to join me, and will likely quit the game rather than restarting from scratch.

I was hoping that New World would have a bright future, but I don’t see how that will be possible with decision making like this. Without friends tying people to an MMO, people are much more likely to drift and less likely to buy DLCs or expansions. And promising one thing and then going back on your word is not a good sign. Once you lose the trust of your players it is extraordinarily difficult to regain it. People will now question any other official statement made about New World, wondering if it will later be walked back.

Amazon has more resources as a game studio than anyone else, probably including Blizzard, Epic, and Microsoft. Region transfers should absolutely be possible, and there isn’t anything right now that should be a higher priority for the studio in terms of development or public relations.

8 Likes

That explanation is kinda joke, because it’s in another database muahaha xD Who made the game for them? I thought it was AGS and seems like, they paid someone to create the game for them. How otherwise they could say something like this as a reason?

4 Likes

So the company that exist to send stuff around the world faster than we thought possible even 5 years ago some how can’t move my character data to a different region.

Hell put that stuff on a flash drive and ship it in one of your little smiley face boxes to the east coast… I’ll pay for the drive and shipping!

4 Likes

And what difference does that make?

Is taking records from one database and transferring it to another is a technical impediment? Just program the functionality, it doesn’t even sound particularly complicated.

4 Likes

Will you give out accurate answers and not fool your players and community of doing endless of hours of grinding for nothing again. Yall need to find a way to compensate your players or find a way for us to change server regions. Its not fair to us players and the community for you guys to lead us on with false information.

2 Likes