[Megathread] Summer PTR: Bug Reporting

Greetings Adventurers,

If you encounter a bug while playtesting the PTR, please post it here in this thread using the template below so we can get as much information possible to provide to the team:

• What is your character name in the PTR:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • Is this a bug or an exploit:
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
  • When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone)

We thank you for helping us improve New World and for helping us keep this thread focused solely on the bugs and exploits you are experiencing in the PTR!

• What is your character name in the PTR: PTRAddict

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: On the “Bees in Bonnets” quest. Asks to use camp to make items. I have all the items needed but it says “missing resources”.

• Is this a bug or an exploit: bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t continue quest

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No

• When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 2:00pm EST 23 June 22

• (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

Logged out and back in and now I get this:

Edit 3: I am logging out to desktop and staying out for 3-5 minutes to despawn and try again.

Edit 4: After a long despawn time the 2nd image still is what I get.

Edit 5: So now my tradeskill window is broken completely. Here I am at the Mountainhome Gypsum Kiln. See top left

Edit 6: EVERY crafting place I go I am stuck on my tier 5 camp screen. Tried different towns, too.

Last edit: Full logout to desktop and despawn lets me now use the Gypsum kiln

1 Like

Trying to get on the PTR to try & cant get the Character screen to come up i just get this

Tried everything thanks

• What is your character name in the PTR: Rekk

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: 24 hr cooldown on arena que

• Is this a bug or an exploit: a terrible bug

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: cant play arenas

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: no

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: do 1 arena, then try to que again

• When did you experience it? Today around 3pm

Hoping this is a bug? 24 hr cooldown on arenas cant be good…

Note: relogging fixed this, but i had to relog each time. relogging to reque arenas every time is pretty prohibitive from wanting to play arenas

1 Like

Finish in Rapier Bleed still feels terrible. Looks like hit is registering only at the end of animation, but target have planty of time to dodge before “dmg will hit”, even if u hit (by animation) the target. it;s make ultra hard to use this skill and totally unrewardable

• What is your character name in the PTR: Suzutai PTR
  1. Mortal Power skill does not increase speed of the Infected Throw, as described in the Patch Notes
  2. Infected Throw does not Weaken, even if you hit them directly
  3. Blocking no longer fully cancels the hop backward for Social Distancing
  4. Light attacks, heavy attacks, Feral Rush, and Raging Torrent trigger Fortifying Strikes; Aimed Throw, Rending Throw, Social Distancing, and Infected Throw do not
  5. Hurling Force damage seems lower than intended. I am seeing only 10% more damage.
  6. If you dodge after doing an Aimed Throw and then immediately LMB while holding down RMB, you will do a melee attack instead of another Aimed Throw
  7. If you do three light attacks and then an UNCHARGED heavy attack, it forces you into a light attack instead
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: These are bugs
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: These bugs pertain to Hatchet gameplay

Not reciving the sheet music from the event faction.

i opened the box it said it gave it to me but i did not find it i restarted the quest and still no music.

Even locked items can be dropped to the ground. Fix this to avoid unintended losses of needed equipment (nothing special is needed they just can be dropped as usual).

Have had this happend in 3 arena fights now. Enemy just creates a copy and goes invisible and continues to fight while I have no idea whats happening…

1 Like

DOUBLE CHECK THIS THING PLEASE:
When I have 2 same perks one on gear and one on weapon (one on weapon is stronger now) which one will work?
-Both will stack?
-The weakest one?
-The strongest one? (supposed to)
-No one will work?

2 Likes

Was asked to put this here:

• What is your character name in the PTR: “PTR character2” (without quotes).
  1. Perk of Ice Gauntlet “Healing Tomb” when it is on my weapon supposed to heal 29% of my health but it still heal me for 10% of my health (like it does when it is on armor). FIX THIS TO I SHOULD BE HEALED FOR PROPER 29% OF HEALTH.
  2. Also when I have this perk on my weapon and when I exit entombed with full mana and right at this moment swap to other weapon I will not be healed (heal procks after 1-2 seconds after exiting entombed). FIX THIS TO I SHOULD BE HEALED AFTER/BEFORE FAST SWAPPING TO OTHER WEAPON.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug.

• (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: My perk is bugged and my character is weaker.

• (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No.

New World 2022 06.24 Healing Tomb weapon perk bug - YouTube
    This is my build for IG:

1. Equip ice gauntlet with perk “Healing Tomb”.
  2. Try to heal yourself using this perk.
  3. See that you are healed for 10% of your health instead of 29%.

1. Equip ice gauntlet with perk “Healing Tomb”.
  2. After exiting “Entombed” with full mana fast swap to other weapon before you were healed by perk “Healing Tomb” (it has 1-2 seconds delay before healing after exiting “Entombed”).
  3. See that you were NOT healed by perk “Healing Tomb” after weapon swap.
  • When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) June 24 00:07am UTC

I also suppose that all weapon perks that should be stronger than armor perks are bugged.

1 Like
  • What is your character name in the PTR: ThisisfineCopium
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: High level expeditions (The new dungeon and tempest heart) Gears are increased up to 1200
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Possibly a bug?
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Huge Powercreep across the board.
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: Nothing to recover from.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: By simply going to a weapon crafting station such as the workshop for engineer crafting.

• When did you experience it? (Date and Relative Time - include your timezone) 6/23/22 Around 3pm est.

After some minutes of playing, game freeze… Also noticed that the cpu temp is 90C.

Anyone else with this issue?

Can we please base the musical fret board on the player’s mapped keys, as it stands it shows the default WSAD layout regardless of mapping.

Being a left-hander and have my movement keys re-mapped to home,end,del,PgDn - it makes it VERY difficult to perform the music.

Not sure if this was reported yet but gypsum casts show up twice at the gypsum kiln. For example, 2 sword casts, two amulet casts, two earring casts, etc.

@Luxendra Hello, can you check if this known to dev team that some players have freezes in PTR?

After some minutes the game freeze completely and the only solution is Alt+F4.
Also I noticed that the CPU temp was 90C.

At the same time, in live servers I have zero issues and never in the past had something like this.
So maybe is a problem only in PTR.

Third time posting this

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Zephyr Cakes consumable bought inside OPR cuts the duration of haste buffs such as “Hustle-Musket” and “Archer’s Speed-Bow”
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: Bug
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: Movement speed is supposed to stack properly
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Buy Zephyr Cakes in OPR and use any haste skill/passive and you will see the duration cutting off prematurely

So I was re-rolling characters on the PTR to try and get different loadouts on gear since it’s random. To do this I have to delete my character and restart due to RNG.

However, after deleting my character a few times ( 4? ) I am unable to make any more characters for 20 hours.

I understand it serves a purpose on Live servers to have this on - but can it be turned off for PTR since we are trying to break/test things and also roll on the RNG playertest gear

After many tries, I cant login PTR. Stuck at loadsrcreen. ALT+F4 doesnt close the game complelely. I must press “stop” from Steam or close it from task manager.
Edit: I can hear the sound from loadscreen, but it stuck there.

PS. Yestarday, game was freezing after some minutes in game. Today freezing at load screen.
Live game running perfect.

@Kay do you know something about this?