[Megathread] The Great February Bug Hunt

Greetings Adventurers,

:bug: Joining us on the Great February Bug Hunt? Great!

Here are the rules:

• This thread is solely for reporting bugs that are in the February Monthly Release
  • To have your post considered for the Great February Bug Hunt Recognition, you must use the following template.
  • Please provide as much detail as you can. Remember, the first person who submits a bug that the team can reproduce will get recognition.
  • Be nice, fair, and courteous! This thread still follows the Code of Conduct. (And is being watched very closely, be smart :eyes:)

Thanks for participating and see you in Aeternum. Happy Bug Hunt! :bug:

Please copy, paste, and fill out the template below to submit an entry
  • What is your character name in New World:
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on:
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing:
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay:
  • Were you able to recover from the issue:
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
8 Likes

Name: Gattsu
Server: Barri
Region EU

Problems that still exist…

1: Mining Efficiency Still does not work correctly its not applying 23% increase to speed for mining

with 23% same tool / GS / gather speed still taking 7 strikes for big nodes 5/6 for small medium nodes

2: Fast travel Failed bug Still exists

3: PVP stuck missions with rotating circle Still exists

4: Repair Kits ARE STILL Randomly disappearing from my Storage was at 74 before patch now 32 AFTER patch

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Pimpas

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka / SA

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Crafting station does not work

• How did the issue effect your gameplay: Yes

• Were you able to recover from the issue: no

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Set up the language for “Portuguese BR” then restart the game

9 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Dustbringer

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Camelot

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Obsidian Voidstone cost incorrect

• How did the issue effect your gameplay: Substantially increases the amount of stone, lodestone, and sandpaper required daily

• Were you able to recover from the issue: No, this has cost thousands of gold over the months

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Open the stonecutting table, look at the cost. Instead of 8 raw resource and 2 refined resources it is 8 refined and 2 raw, effectively quadrupling the cost compared to every other tier 5 refined common resource.

9 Likes

The changes made to dodge/movement animations broke the Fire Staff ability Burn Out. Now at the end of the ability animation (which was already slow), there is a 1 second walk before moving back into sprint.

7 Likes

here is a bug you can fix, camelot keeps crashing after 5-10 mins of game play, yet the other server i play on does not crash, please fix this, as camelot is my main server i play on, and while trying to do quests in reekwater, after killing things, to only get disconnected, then reconnected and all the things ive killed have respawned, get me nowhere. also it makes it hard to enjoy the game.

2 Likes

Bug no1. Servers going down every few minutes.

No fight sounds for last boss of Genesis. This has been going on and used to work. Broke sometime in Feb. I do not see it on a fix list.

• What is your character name in New World: Dustbringer
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Musket Sticky Bomb does significantly reduced damage when using an elemental gem.
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: The only viable musket build involves using an elemental gem to get the 15% damage boost from 150 intelligence, and sticky bomb is musket’s only aoe damage. It significantly reduces the viability of the weapon.
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: No, and testing it has cost me a lot of gems.
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: Sticky Bomb Damage Bug Live February Update - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Without a gem, or with a non elemental gem, use sticky bomb and note the damage. Change the gem in the musket to an elemental one, the damage will drop significantly (the elemental portion isn’t scaling correctly).
4 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Amazonian Cat
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Notification spam on joining OPR (and likely expeditions too).
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Spammed with very loud and screen-covering notifications.
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: I didn’t. Just wait for them to end which takes like 2-3 minutes.
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: https://i.imgur.com/K1tqn4m.jpg
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Join OPR.
8 Likes
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Bought a mutated orb from faction shop and got 168h cooldown unstead of 72h.
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: just try to buy a mutated orb from faction shop.
4 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Baldmf
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Dry Tree (EU Central)
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Leaping Strike (Sword&Shield) is broken, the leap gets cancelled immediately upon taking damage or recieving a debuff.
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Can’t use Leaping Strike, broken for PvP
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: New World 2022 Patch day leapstrike gamebreaking bug - YouTube
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Use Leaping Strike while taking damage
7 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Ego
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Mutation Firestaff stats bugged
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unbalanced stats and broken perks

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Own a Mutation Firestaff before the update and it now has double int/focus with a broken third perk.
2 Likes

Seems to be a little bit of a loading issue -

Walls please? Hello :slight_smile:

Character - Olgit
Region - EU
Server - Amenti
Date - 28th Feb 2022
Time - 17:40pm GMT

House at Ebonscale.

Result - Finally loaded in.

On returning to the seaside port of First Light… The most amazing town in the entire game…

5 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Amazonian Cat
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Various items are not searchable on the trading post. The items include, but are not limited to, all Old Jewelry, Beeswax, all expedition crafting materials (Sticky Vines etc.), and others.
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unable to search certain items on the trading post.
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, but in a very unwieldy way by either browsing to the exact price on a specific trading post (for expedition materials, which might mean manually browsing to like page 300) or by viewing a crafted item which uses the unlisted item as a material (e.g. Powder Horn, then clicking Beeswax in the materials), or by searching for a perk unique to that item (e.g. Health to view Old Amulets, Sacred for Old Rings, Nimble for Old Earrings)

Screenshot 1 (main all item list, filtered with “Health” perk): https://i.imgur.com/NwroiSP.png

Screenshot 2 (amulet list, filtered with “Health” perk): https://i.imgur.com/LAf1uye.png

• What is your character name in New World: BrewBelliedBear

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Rivadeneyra

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: The loading screen doesn’t last long enough when recalling to a home. I watch things load in part by part.

• How did the issue effect your gameplay: It was a bit immersion breaking, but not bad.

• Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Log in, use recall to home.

2 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: BrewBelliedBear

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Rivadeneyra

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    Part 1: Mandje Mandje is still described as being used for “powerfully enhancing food”, but the Lava Barb has replaced it. The related recipe has changed from “Blackened Mandje Mandje with Corn Succotash” to “Blackened Lava Barb with Corn Succotash”.
    Part 2: The Lava Barb, Aquanaja, Blue-Winged Serpe, Horned-Tooth Mandje, and Glowing Guardfish all still say they are used for “The Ultimate Fishing Trophy” which still doesn’t exist.

• How did the issue effect your gameplay: I don’t know how to use Mandje Mandje now. Using it as Raw Food is ridiculous. The same still goes for Aquanaja, Blue-Winged Serpe, Horned-Tooth Mandje, and Glowing Guardfish.

• Were you able to recover from the issue: No.

I’m still tracking fish info here.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Log in.

3 Likes
  • What is your character name in New World: Cabeleleilla
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Bug in craft, first time in craft, nothing appers, even I have materials. Logout e log in . second time in woodshop, appears the windows of stonecutting. (image in portuguese)
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: since the new path, every time I try to craft
5 Likes

setting your game in EN allow you to avoid this issue

1 Like