[Megathread] The Great February Bug Hunt

What is your character name in New World: wRicci
What server/world did you experience your issue on: Devaloka
Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cannot escape from Great axe Gravity Well
How did the issue effect your gameplay: We did asked for nerfs on Void Gautlet Petrifying Scream, instead your guys gave us another petrify scream as gravity well
Were you able to recover from the issue: If someone throw a Gravity Well on you, you are died. I use to jump off it using moviment skills such Skewer or Rapier Fleche, But since update we are rooted on the well
Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What is your character name in New World: cattboyy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: el dorado
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: This patch added “Loaded shots can now be overwritten.” but it never checks WHICH shot is loaded in the musket. You can load the same ability shot twice, putting the already loaded shot on cooldown before its fired.
  • Is this a bug or an exploit: BUG
  • (if a bug) How did the issue effect your gameplay: ability goes on cooldown
  • (if a bug) Were you able to recover from the issue: No
  • (if a bug) Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Press Power Shot, don’t shoot musket, wait for powershot cooldown to refresh, press power shot, over-writes already existing powershot, never checks if power-shot is already in the musket
  • What is your character name in New World:
    BrewBelliedBear

• What server/world did you experience your issue on:
    Rivadeneyra

• Describe the issue you are experiencing:
    The skinning aptitude cache is displayed when a mining aptitude cache is earned.

• How did the issue effect your gameplay:
    Meh.

• Were you able to recover from the issue:
    Yes.

• Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced:

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced:
    Earn a mining aptitude chest.

Character - Olgit
Region - EU
Server - Amenti
Date - 2nd March 2022
Time - 06:40 GMT

Town Board Mission

That is nice and all, but can we get a timeline on when these issues are going to be addressed. Like you gave a timeline on the Flairs.

I would rather you fix these immediately, than you spend time on giving us in-game Flairs.

Luxendra is a community manager, who has access to discord / forums and staff, but she is not a developer.

Issues, bugs, fixes, will all take time to sort through, into specific sections (This list for example - Known Issues - February Monthly Release 2022) and then given to the correct teams who can review them and start the process of finding the correct code, working out the problem and hopefully fixing it. That takes time to do and sadly, no real time frame can be given.

Fixes will come, some sooner, some months from now. Did you know that a fix was done, that was reported in Alpha and only just fixed with the latest patch? :slight_smile:

Patience is needed now as the teams get started on this new list. :heart:

I can understand that, but as @Luxendra I would like them to communicate that this patch caused some signficant bugs and stuttering issues that was not present in the previous LIVE version. It does feel out of touch to talk solely about the timeline for flairs, and not not mention the instabilty and issues that this patch caused.

Any statement is better than nothing, or at least some ownership of the issues caused.

Communicate that back up the chain, if need be, but it feel real bad like this talking around major issues.

Noctir
    Nysa
    Drop time of yellow (on trash mobs) and black gypsum haven’t been reduced as announced in the Feb patch (idk about the purple one).
    This change would have been very welcome to reduce some of the boring and repetitive daily routines. It’s just a bit disappointing.
    No.
    Not needed.
    SImply try to collect gypsum.

Fromdusk

Aaru

New Gypsum Cooldowns dont work. The cooldown time is same as before. This affect Topaz, Obsidian and Amethyst Gypsum…

I need a much higher amount of time to farm all gypsum

No

Farm gypsum

• What is your character name in New World: Elder Wanderlust
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Camelot
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: Rewards chest for smelting will not open and it does not allow for me to get another rewards chest when I’m due to get one (missed one already)
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: can’t open reward chest or get more. The broken rewards chest is in my storage in Windsward
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: no
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: advance smelting to the next step in the tier level

happens often to me.
login > teleport somewhere > keep the music of the area from which i teleported … so weird an annoying

Thank you for that, what a hassle, lol :smiley: I don’t really read the patch notes anymore since it’s just way too much to read, and I’m only a hobby “New World”-er.

headshot is bugged.
Chest critical hit:

Headshot hit:

Weapon: infamy, 360 dex, full trapper tree.
This is headshot dmg bug or Crit Dmg bonus not added to headshots.
With Bow Headshots deal less dmg aswell, but differance is lower than musket (lazarus bow)

I can no longer open smelting aptitude crates . When click or select to open the crate nothing happens.
Region: EU-Central
Server : Evonium
Name : Devlish

• What is your character name in New World: cmnew

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Avalon

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Cant get DMG increases, Counter Attack is on 0% can’t Stack the Buff

• How did the issue effect your gameplay: can only use sword & shield to bridge CD for second weapon, no DMG build possible

• Were you able to recover from the issue: no

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Block attacks, no buff stack is added

• What is your character name in New World: Compliant

• What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel

• Describe the issue you are experiencing: Logged on and equipment was gone

• How did the issue effect your gameplay: I could not see my equipment, armor, etc.

• Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Relog and get unlucky?

• What is your character name in New World: Compliant
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: Castle of Steel
  • Describe the issue you are experiencing: While in OPR, my Void Blade keeps getting stuck. Once I cast it, I am no longer able to switch weapons, and the graphics stutter as I run around. This only happens sometimes.
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: I was unable to switch weapons or use any other abilities.
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: Yes, once the timer for the Void Blade ended everything went back to normal.
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: Cast Void Blade and get unlucky?

pardon the poor info/format. but i just fed a 590 chain of zane 100s of shards and it gained just one level to 591. its projected upgrade for the amount was 61x

Several Musket & Rapier related bugs

• What is your character name in New World: Rummy Dummy
  • What server/world did you experience your issue on: El Dorado
  1. Musket: Often stuck in zoomed mode if reload animation starts and you try to switch weapons successfully (eg swap to rapier and you are running around zoomed in with rapier)
  2. Musket: Often misfiring / extra firing (not sure how to proc)
  3. Rapier: When fleching out of either gravity well or ice storm (when enemy has weap perk for ice storm), bad rubber-banding often occurs. sometimes it’s successful, sometimes I rubberband back into the ice storm
  4. Rapier: There seems to be a ~1 second window after unsuccessful riposte that if an enemy attacks, a stuttering animation / glitch happens as if the riposte is still active. still take damage from attacker and am stuck during the animation.
  • How did the issue effect your gameplay: Unreliable combat mechanics
  • Were you able to recover from the issue: sort of
  • Please include a screenshot or video of the issue that you have experienced: N/A
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue as you experienced: (see issues above)
  • Qual é o nome do seu personagem no New World: Emilio Tagliari

• Em qual servidor/mundo você teve seu problema: Apsu

• Descreva o problema que você está enfrentando: seguindo uma missão me deparei com uma pedra que posso subir e ir escalando utilizando de alguns bugs ficando flutuando em alguns lugares onde não a textura

• Como o problema afetou sua jogabilidade: Ficou estranho, pois não eram lugares que daria para escalar

• Você conseguiu se recuperar do problema: sim

• Inclua uma captura de tela ou um vídeo do problema que você enfrentou:

• Quais são as etapas para reproduzir o problema conforme você experimentou: apenas fui apertando espaço até personagem pular e se agarrar sendo que não havia textura se pendurando em um espaço vazio.