[MEGATHREAD] [URGENT] [EXPLOIT] [GAMEBREAKING] War Desync Exploit - Heavily Abused

Patchnotes just updated and nothing mentions it…

1 Like

This was used today on US Tulgey Wood. Marauders were attacking and their characters never moved, but had very clearly moved as when you would hit them it would not do anything. Would be hit by the shockwave inside of the base with all of the character models of the enemy team outside the front gates. Took the final point with 3 character models on the point vs at least 20+ on our team.

Just word of mouth but someone said in that the marauders chat was talking about it and how it worked after the war.

Todays war was the first one that was not a (nearly) a complete dominance by the defending team and its the first war that I noticed this freezing/ character model issues. The war was literally over in 4 minutes.

3 Likes

Today was by far the worst I’ve seen it, at this point war’s are a complete joke.

2 Likes

I’m “upping” this post for attention - our VODs got removed by Amazon 10 minutes after posting it to their forums. IF this happens on your server, save your evidence! Thanks for making the megathread, the amount of people effected by this is ludicrous at this point.

4 Likes

It is absolutly needed to fix! Tartarus lose to many caus abuses!

2 Likes

Here are two more:

https://forums.newworld.com/t/lag-war-exploit-damalis/375844

https://forums.newworld.com/t/caer-sidi-govs-report-continuous-lag-exploit-abuse/375995

5 Likes

this is a pretty bad issue for defending at all, the healers teleport and rubberband while no musket player can hit that. also my team where hitting people and doing no dmg because the player real position was somewhere else, this need a fix or people are gonna leave

2 Likes

@admins Could we as a community of multiple factions from multiple servers from multiple regions receive a post from AGS / Community Managers on the Ice Gauntlet issues listed in this topic and all the linked topics and newly sprouting unlinked threads? its been extremely quiet and this is killing the PVP scene on entire servers simultaneously as one faction one-sidedly starts bugabusing the other two. There is evidence a-plenty, but it remains quiet from the news front of AGS. It wasnt even mentioned in the patch notes.

I personally would like to hear about two separate things:
1: what will be done to address the exploit/bug and what is the timeline for this?
2: what will be done about those that are proven to abuse this exploit/bug?

8 Likes

Everyone keeps mentioning Lag and AOE but In our war last night (Scylla defending against Sentinels in Monarchs Bluff on Krocylea 10/12) we had our entire team get completely hardlocked for a full minute at 10 seconds before the war started. More than half our army got crashed to desktop and then there was another significant hardlock a few seconds after the first one ended. I personally was crashed to desktop and had trouble logging back in. By the time our players were able to get back in the other team had already taken A and C point and had their zerg on B with it half capped. For the remainder of the war there was unplayable levels of lag. People are talking about being done with the game and others are talking about having everyone respec their characters to a meta solely based on lag.

The fact that we were already crashing/lagging before the war even started means that there is more to this issue than just AOE spam.

The fact that I haven’t seen any response from the developers/moderators is extremely disturbing. I myself got this game for 2 reasons: PVP and the Economy. The economy is already broken for a multitude of reasons that will probably never be fixed and now PVP is also completely broken. Im not sure if they realize just how bad the release of their game is going right now.

2 Likes

We would all benefit from some sort of developer interaction here.

2 Likes

I mean seriously…
All they have to do is have some guy with a fancy looking portrait and “DEVELOPER” or “I WORK FOR AGS” flag come in here and say:

“We are aware of the issue and we are working on a fix. We apologize for how this has negatively effected so many of our players”

The fact that they haven’t even bothered to type two sentences is pretty messed up. Are they just done with us now that they got their week of gaming journalist hacks vomiting articles all over the internet and can go back to daddy Bezos and say “Amazon is in the video games market now.”?

1 Like

Saw a guild abusing this bug in SA servers. Please, fix, or lock wars, this is really critical

What’s funny is that one of the posts you’ve linked is of a corp that abused it heavily to take over an entire server getting “revenge” (Greythorne on Agartha was caught cheating and tried to distance themselves by accusing everyone else), they also heavily abused the faction mechanic by creating multiple corps in different factions and make invasions unplayable for anyone not in their group by exploiting the kick mechanism.

This is also happening on US East Blefuscu. I have a vod of our most recent war where we were defending BrightWood. All they had to do was spam down ice gauntlet aoe at the same time.
Here’s the vod: https://youtu.be/lxHLAcBh2Co

2 Likes

First week of this game was amazing. I was so incredibly happy to have a new MMO with FUNCTIONAL SEIGE. It’s hard to do in an MMO, but seige was reasonably smooth, despite being 50v50.

Then about a week ago, basically right after the first patch, it’s unplayable. As described, groups stand still on point invulnerable because they have lagged you out and take points easily.

PLEASE FIX THIS. The first few wars were like peak PVP MMO, so I know it’s possible with this game.

I’ve said it In another post I made.
They need to limmit weapons per side.

None of this 20 or 30 life staff, ice gauntlet spam etc.

1 Like

Happened on Orun. Convenient exploited to win Everfall tonight.

Happened today on Heliopolis. Intentional or not we were not able to take back the point on defence Even though we had multiple more people on the point.

Had a lot of people saying no damage numbers were appearing when they were hitting targets on siege, several melee unable to move.

It would just seem that attackers would win to often with the lag.

Bump this is happening on Blefuscu too. One faction is abusing it. Destroying the game right now. This needs immediate attention from AGS.

1 Like

Happened on Euphrates: Covenant (with Marauders help) take a heavily defended Syndicate Monarchs Bluff.

Literally people on the team thought we were being DDOSed. They capped with ease. We went on the offensive in Brightwood. Lag was suddenly clear and they were able to push us off.