Merger caused character to disappear

logged in today 5/24/22 and I was forced into a merger and my character is GONE! Not only that but the new world wants me to create a new character (thanks for wasting 700 hours)

Hi @laserman22!

I’m sorry for those inconveniences with the merge.

Can you please tell me your server’s and character’s name, also the character’s level so I can look into it?

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for your quick response Phoenax. My server is US West, Yggdrasil, character name is Riverknight level 60.
Just as I was ending my chat with Pre, I was able to get into the game (all be it very laggy). At the main screen it wouldn’t leg me choose Yggdrasil.
This afternoon when I tried to log in (I’m an American located in China) it told me I had been merged. All of the screens showed me a merger took place and I was placed in SA East. There was a screen that also told me my property and I was still in the same group blah blah… it also told me find another server because the connections were bad (all will in red except for SA East). Of course I panicked and tried to figure out what happened. The Bot didn’t help that at all.

4 hours later I was still greeted to "create a new character) and it was impossible to choose US West Yggdrasil. Other places in that region seemed to be ok but it also required me to create a new character.

I played the game for about an hour, accomplished my Syndicate quest but when I returned it wouldn’t give me the promotion. Again after a few minutes I was given a new task to complete the promotion. Lag seemed to be the reason I didn’t get it real time. Lag is always a killer for me (literally).

I’m off to bed now and hope tomorrow brings fewer problems.

Rick

Thanks for your reply.

So, I was looking into it and for us, your character Riverknight, level 60, is active at the world of Yggdrasil, and has set the faction of the Syndicate, so this character should be working fine now, maybe there’s a buggy interface in-between that’s not letting you select the character properly.

So, you can do the following to try to fix this issue and also, get a better connection with the game:

1. Open Windows settings.

2. Go to your Network & Internet section.

3. Click Change Adapter Settings.

4. Right-click your connection (It can be either LAN or WIFI adapter) and go to Properties.

5. Scroll down until you find the option Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

6. Uncheck the box next to it and restart your computer.

7. After this process verify the integrity of New World’s game files with the following link:

Verify Integrity of Game Files | Steps

1. Re-launch New World.

Please, let me know how it goes with the troubleshooting provided. :bird:

hello Phoenax,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have mixed feelings on the change as it was at first an improvement but after 2 hours (maybe due the time in China when people come home for dinner) it started having lag issues again. Attached are some screen shots showing the log in lag. When I start up from Stream it usually takes a good 5 min to load. After I enter NW it’s another 5 min before my character appears in what ever city I logged out in. Note the 1st screenshot showing how bad all the regions were.

The biggest problem I have with the network changes are my VPN, it pretty much killed the proxy and wouldn’t allow me to load Facebook, Google, Youtube. If you can give me another tweak to this I’d be
much appreciated. Unfortunately the last screenshot I took didn’t get saved. It showed an over 5 second delay in response time.

Thanks again,
Rick

Phoenax Customer Service
May 24

Thanks for your reply.

So, I was looking into it and for us, your character Riverknight, level 60, is active at the world of Yggdrasil, and has set the faction of the Syndicate, so this character should be working fine now, maybe there’s a buggy interface in-between that’s not letting you select the character properly.

So, you can do the following to try to fix this issue and also, get a better connection with the game:

1. Open Windows settings.

2. Go to your Network & Internet section.

3. Click Change Adapter Settings.

4. Right-click your connection (It can be either LAN or WIFI adapter) and go to Properties.

5. Scroll down until you find the option Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

6. Uncheck the box next to it and restart your computer.

7. After this process verify the integrity of New World’s game files with the following link:

Verify Integrity of Game Files | Steps

1. Re-launch New World.

Please, let me know how it goes with the troubleshooting provided. :bird:

(Attachment CSupport server page.docx is missing)

Hi @laserman22!

Thanks for your reply on how the troubleshooting went.

There is another possible solution, you can try to create another private network, this solution has been helping some players solve connectivity and lag issues.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Go to https://1.1.1.1 and install the program
  2. Once installed you must open it and click “activate” or “ON”
  3. Once activated, your network will be private and so you should access the server without problems.

If this doesn’t work, then you can always feel free to contact us, this way we can investigate and collect more data from your specific situation:

New World | Contact

Hope this works, have a good one! :bird:

Try as I might, I can’t get any browser to connect to 1.1.1.1
my VPN proxy keeps shutting down I have no access to Google, Yahoo, (even Bing search in this case). I also have Brave but it won’t connect to the link either.

I got some functionality back last night when I reverted to the previous settings but I can’t figure out what the problems are.

Rick

Phoenax Customer Service
May 25

Hi @laserman22!

Thanks for your reply on how the troubleshooting went.

There is another possible solution, you can try to create another private network, this solution has been helping some players solve connectivity and lag issues.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Go to https://1.1.1.1 and install the program
  2. Once installed you must open it and click “activate” or “ON”
  3. Once activated, your network will be private and so you should access the server without problems.

If this doesn’t work, then you can always feel free to contact us, this way we can investigate and collect more data from your specific situation:

New World | Contact

Hope this works, have a good one! :bird:

Hi @laserman22!

I understand, and I apologize because it didn’t work either.

At this moment, I’d suggest you to contact our live support team in order to collect more data and internally investigate the situation so we can give you out the best troubleshooting for your issue, here’s the link:

New World | Contact

Have a nice day! :bird:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.