Monetization of Server Transfers

Taken from the official statement on server transfers.
“Transferring again will require an additional token. Our team will continue monitoring world populations, queue times, and will evaluate the need for an additional wave of server transfer tokens to be given out for free. After we are sure players have had plenty of time to find the right server for them, we will later make server transfer tokens available for purchase in the store. We will give notice ahead of time when tokens are changing to a paid service.”

So The launch of the game was a complete disaster as far as queues went, with more than 8 hour waits. So bad in fact you had people afk proofing just to be able to play the game. So bad in fact they had to implement better AFK tech to kick people out of the game. The servers transfers are literally the only thing I have seen people asking for on every single thread on every single piece of social media.

Not only are you not allowing region transfers like you said you would on multiple occasions, your monetizing any further transfers. Ofcourse you are. A feature that should have been in the game from the very beginning is now being added and is being monetized. Also before any of the " herp durp first one is free people come in" let me point this out. When you transfer to your empty server and so does literally everyone else, and you get a full server again you are going to buy that token. That’s what they are counting on.

Also dont ever count on Amazon ever increasing server caps since that goes against them being able to sell these " tokens". The fact this is monetized after the huge problems this game had at launch with queue times seems insulting.
They could have just put a cooldown on transfers and been done with it, but its just like a major corporation to squeeze its player base for money.

1 Like

I think you sort of missed the part where they give out transfer tokens for free if they deem the server is too crowded. It’s under normal circumstances if you willingly want to transfer server that it costs. Your choice to transfer, so there’s a price on it. The price is also there to prevent people from jumping servers all the time.

And to be honest, that’s quite standard on single server MMOs to charge a price to transfer servers during normal operations.

6 Likes

They offer a free transfer to correct the launch situation. Further transfers at a fee is just industry standard.

1 Like

Mate, i think you need to take a chill pill, go have a cold drink of your preference.
They are giving you a FREE transfer, they also said that they will look into the situation in future and might give another if needed, and then… then they will monetize it, which is completely fine, all the mmo’s do it and it just make sense, they have to keep making money somehow, there’s no sub fee’s.
And about the server cap, of course they will increase it once some time has passed and the population has spread out. There are already servers that have 2250.

1 Like

Also before any of the " herp durp first one is free people come in" let me point this out. When you transfer to your empty server and so does literally everyone else, and you get a full server again you are going to buy that token. That’s what they are counting on.

Also before any of the " herp durp first one is free people come in" let me point this out. When you transfer to your empty server and so does literally everyone else, and you get a full server again you are going to buy that token. That’s what they are counting on.

Maybe learn to read

I mean I agree charging people for what should already be in the game free is an industry standard.

That is some very strong tin foil hat going on. If a server becomes over-populated due to server transfer, they’ll cut off the server transfer to that server and potentially set up a free transfer if necessary.

Server transfer tokens isn’t the service they will base their entire income on, to say it like that.

Its not tin foil hat. It should have been in the game from the start and they are making us pay for it, versus just putting it on a cooldown.

And how would that be if someone transferred to a server that became over-populated. He wanted to transfer off again but nope, transfer on CD for another couple of weeks.

And as said, it’s not their primary source of income, so your entire argument of monetisation falls flat on that base alone.

So by that logic lets just make Amazon make us pay for it, for what should have been in the game at launch and free. Ok. I just you just enjoy throwing money away.

Do you expect that the entire player base will suddenly transfer servers?
That’s completely wrong and here’s why.
People requested server transfers because of the queues, now that the server queues are sorted and mostly non-existant after the last update that dealt with AFK people.
The majority of people will now not transfer anywhere, only the people who have friends spread around the different worlds will be the main people transferring.

You have a very nagative way of thinking my friend.

I also expect that more than one wave of tokens will be required to get the people scatter on the servers, that they all have a somewhat equal population, then. If AGS is going to force you to pay during this process, it’s obviously then that they monetizing these tokens due to their own fault.

I would expect that these tokens are for free for the first one or two weeks, until the initial migration will come close to a halt.

1 Like

You don’t have to pay for anything, not even the game. It’s entirely up to you. They provide the option for it, and then you decide whether you want it or not.

1 Like

If people took off their fan boy glasses, they would realize what you and I both realize.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.