More STR gear as always

Why is it that every single major update that is coming out strength users get another BIS set or item. You make it so healers have almost no choice but to go light but give us dog water for gear options for mutations / pvp etc. We’re forced to craft everything. In the PTR you have an entire Lost Ward gear set for strength but no other attributes. You add medium boots with shirking fort + refreshing evasion + elemental aversion. Who is that geared towards? It’s actually insane that this late into the game you’re still giving everything you can to strength users while providing next to nothing for mages or healers. I would love to have the ability to get ward sets that work for my class. It’s either you give it exclusively to strength or you give it to everyone which was the case with the corrupted ward set. Really appreciated that btw that was nice.

I guess this should come as no surprise to anyone as the meme at the start of the game was that strength users aka melee got most of the BIS gear because the devs played melee. Hilarious that first dev diary or whatever you call it you all confirmed that. The gear distribution for dropped BIS gear is a joke. Clearly you all play melee and know what you want and need so you place it in the game as a drop. Maybe you all should branch out and play other “classes”. I know you hate to call them that but that is what they’re. Such a joke.

EDIT: Was just pointed out to me by someone that STR is getting full lost ward set and full ancient ward set. LOL what a joke. guess it’s just ward set. doesn’t really matter but its just the point. why are there no sets for any other attribute? we get con set that is suppose to be 1 size fits all. med con set for angry earth. thanks AGS

6 Likes

Just like when Pvp track gave away free bis gear for every weight load except for builds that use no con.

3 Likes

Im a STR user who feels like most of the dungeons spam me INT and FOC gear non-stop and to a lesser extent dex. Focus items feel like the most common attribute I receive its nutty.

They’re working on their bias though. According to them.

We are talking about facts here, not feels.
And it is is fact that there is a full Ancient Ward Heavy str set that drops from Lazarus.Nothing else.
And a full Lost Ward str set on the ptr. Nothing else.
Tempest is the only dungeon that drops corrupted ward sets for everyone.

2 Likes

yah 3 major patches would since tempest and still tempest had almost NOTING FOR MAGES OR HEALERS EXCEPT 1 GEAR SET WICH EVERYONE GOT BTW, AND STRENGTH HERE WITH LIKE 16 BIS WHILE A MAGE MIGHT HAVE 1 OR -1 LIKE COME ON @Kay @Developer @Shadow_Fox WHY DOES THE MAGES AND HEALERS GET NOTING EVERY TIME IN THIS GAME EVERY PATCH IS LIGIT SUTED FOR STRENGTH AND IF DETH WAS ANY SHOW OF THAT U WOULD HAVE MAD THE CORRUPTED ARMOUR MEDUM SO EVERYONE COULD USE IT INSTED OF JUST 1 CLASS NOT BECING NURFED BECUASE THEY DON’T HAVE TO BE IN A LIGHT EQIP LOAD TO DO HALF THE DAMAGE AS SOME WITH A ga OR wh IF A GREAT AXE CAN CRIT IN LAZ FOR OVER 10K CRITS SO SHOULD THE FIRE STAFF IN GEN AND BTW I HAVE NOT CHOICE TO GO INTO LIGHT EQUP LAD AS A MAGE OF THE DAMAGE IS TRASH WHILE AND ga/ WH USER CAN GET EVEN MORE OP WHEN CHANGING TO MEDUM LIGHT IS SO DUM

1 Like

I think they do that because those are the players that actually require the ward set to clear the dungeon. The ranged classes can avoid most aggro and incidental damage as they arent fighting in the clumps. Most healers I know don’t run ward sets afaik for expeditions anyways.

I thought this was steered more towards BIS pvp gear and not the pve ward sets.

I have a large amount of expedition drops saved in storage. Hundreds of items. It isn’t just a feeling, I have a lot of loot held in 4-5 settlements saved up for reference for my claim. I sift through decently often to see what gear I have for new builds I want to experiment with. Somewhere in the range of 5k-8k lb’s of expedition drops.

1 Like

Thats true, I am also healing M10s when no other healer is available and have no problem doing it without ward gear.
But my mage build for Genesis runs 5/5 Ward and it helps immensly.

Yeah, especially now that Flamethrower puts you in the thick of things for clump splash damage I can see that.

Dex builds for corrupted dungeons also benefit hugly from the Tempest gear.

I collect the TH and Depths ward sets because I like the look of them for transmog. Otherwise I’m pvp oriented and don’t really have a use for them.

They’re the first sets that actually look the part for STR/CON users. We had to wait quite a while to get a set that didn’t look hokey.

1 Like

tempest had almost FOR MAGES OR HEALERS EXCEPT 1 GEAR SET WICH EVERYONE GOT BTW, AND STRENGTH HERE WITH LIKE 16 BIS WHILE A MAGE MIGHT HAVE 1 OR -1 LIKE COME ON

What? In tempest mages for a full bis (for the time) medium void ice ring and really good boots in the wizend shoes, letting them get shrinking energy without having to replace unending thaw pants. Str got a solid hammer and a quite frankly over rated medium helm, freedol is useless if you cant stack it and most poeple run heavy helm. Healers on the other hand got a full 3 perk light set, not full bis but by far the best starting set anyone can get for endgame.

Of course I have every set from tempest except the Dex set. I have both dex hats and that’s it. Strange how that works.

Laz drops random stat ancient ward gear in every equip load.

Intel has a full blighted growth set.

Tempest drops it all.

What you smoking?

1 Like

If there was a beast ward dungeon everyone would already have 100 different sets

:rofl:

I think you’re confusing what I am saying. You can get RNG gear from anywhere. They get a set of gear that has set attributes. What are you smoking?

2 Likes

My point is not that healers need a ward set. My point is that they consistently are adding in sets for strength. Every update they give out more BIS items for strength users yet all others are left out to dry or have to pick up CON. It’s disproportionate. Like I get it. The devs all play strength builds. I don’t even know why I bother to post on these forums.

Not counting PTR, full legendary Ward sets on live.

Ancient Ward Sets:

• Intel/Focus → Myrkgard
  • Con/Intel → Myrkgard
  • Con/Dex → Malevolence
  • Str → Laz/Malevolence

Angry Earth Ward Sets:

• Harbinger sets for Intel, Dex and Con → Multiple areas.
  • Intel → Genesis

Corrupted Ward Sets:

• Dex → Tempest
  • Focus → Dynasty
  • Con → Depths

Lost Ward Sets:

• One strength apparently only on PTR.

That makes 2 strength sets, 2 focus sets, 2 con sets, 3 Dex sets, 4 Intel sets.

Seems you’re dead wrong.

Strength has the least amount of Ward sets tied with Focus and Con.

4 Likes

Apparently not as much as you. Lol

This post wasn’t even about ward sets. Clearly you’re too dense to read that. Have a good day sir. Hope you feel that sense of internet victory today. Have a great day